Studio One 2.5 Now Available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think the 2.5 update is great. The Cubase 7 update is also great, but confusing (and I know Cubase inside out). But the updates from Presonus are always so graceful... Brilliant implementation of new features.

LawrenceF wrote:Haha. :lol: Hibidy always keeps at least one foot on the fence. :hihi:

Between Live, S1, and Sonar you should be covered for just about any imagineable sit-chee-a-tion. :)

And Bitwig Studio may drop soon throwing the universe into turmoil yet again. :hihi:
No. Bitwig had their chance to gas me, it's over. Live ain't no jive and 9 is dropping soon enough. I mean I guess someday if it's released and it just blows live out of the water, but not likely.

@sonar: Sonar sucks. I'ma try not to get offa that

@Reaper: There is always reaper, and considering fight club, there's hope.

With fight club, 2.5 (maybe), and live going x64 I've gone from daw purgatory to king of the hill. Sorry for everyone who liked my negativity.

hibidy wrote:No. Bitwig had their chance to gas me, it's over. Live ain't no jive and 9 is dropping soon enough. I mean I guess someday if it's released and it just blows live out of the water, but not likely.
I'm very happy with S1 and Live but I wouldn't underestimate Bitwig at all.
Hold your horses. Regrets hurts more than patience... :wink:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

hibidy wrote:Bitwig had their chance to gas me, it's over.
When the demo hits GAS will make a comeback. :lol:

Our hope (guys like me and Dan ;)) is that it will pull away all the EDM looper sample screwing mashing guys so the things we currently use can focus more on the conventional FR's like recording and mixing people. :hihi:

I remember someone saying on an unnamed user forum ....

"When Bitwig hits, we're all gonna be gone..." ... and Dan replying...

"We can only hope." :lol:

Did someone say Bitwig?
Cowbells!

LawrenceF wrote: Our hope (guys like me and Dan ;)) is that it will pull away all the EDM looper sample screwing mashing guys so the things we currently use can focus more on the conventional FR's like recording and mixing people. :hihi:

I remember someone saying on an unnamed user forum ....

"When Bitwig hits, we're all gonna be gone..." ... and Dan replying...

"We can only hope." :lol:
From your lips to God's ear. 8)

Dan
Those that can, do. Those that can't, argue about it on k-v-r

Testing the time stretching of vox and piano. From 90 to 105 to 80 bpm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c99A0_sr ... e=youtu.be

My last 2 projects have been in Studio One now instead of Cubase, the saga continues...
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

liquidsound wrote:
hibidy wrote:No. Bitwig had their chance to gas me, it's over. Live ain't no jive and 9 is dropping soon enough. I mean I guess someday if it's released and it just blows live out of the water, but not likely.
I'm very happy with S1 and Live but I wouldn't underestimate Bitwig at all.
Hold your horses. Regrets hurts more than patience... :wink:
True, except I have no need for it and I just went the live route :shrug:

LawrenceF wrote:Testing the time stretching of vox and piano. From 90 to 105 to 80 bpm.

Interesting. btw, is that the same as reapers? Don't have it installed on this one yet (YES, I'm still installing shit from my clean install :x :bang: )

LawrenceF wrote:Testing the time stretching of vox and piano. From 90 to 105 to 80 bpm.

very nice, Lawrence!
Questions:: who is the singer? What reverb is this? And on another note: what do you use to capture vids?

thanks
Frank

It's Open AIR from Studio One 2.

My favorite improvements in v2.5 are the two in the Music Editor (which may not be so important for most users): Legato and Overlap Correction (does anyone know how to do this in Sonar?), and Percent/MIDI Resolution Switch.

But....IMO there are still a number of inconveniences in S1 (mostly MIDI-related):

- Volume faders on the Instrument channels in the Console view cannot be grouped or linked.

- The Solo buttons on the channels/buses cannot be remote-controlled via Control Link (the Mute buttons can).

- When you change the name or color of one of linked MIDI clips, the remaining linked clips do not show the new name/color.

- Only two options are available for randomizing MIDI note events (either "Humanize" or "Humanize Less").

- Velocity and timing of note events cannot be randomized separately, and the "Restore Velocity" function does not work properly.

- The track list in the Music Editor does not have Solo/Mute buttons, and the colors of note events are too dark to distinguish one MIDI part from another.

- You have to use the [Set all to] menu to set velocity values/pitches of multiple note events at the same level (instead of just selecting the events and entering a desired value in the Velocity/Pitch field)

There's more, of course. But they're not so important.

FrankT wrote: What reverb is this? And on another note: what do you use to capture vids?
The entirety of the verb / ambient sound on the vocal is an Open Air convo hall + Waves Supertap + Analog Delay.

I use Camtasia for screen recording. If you're on Mac, Screenflow is a much better (much less expensive) alternative.

hibidy wrote:Interesting. btw, is that the same as reapers?
I would think so, it's Elastique Pro which I think Reaper (and most everyone else) uses these days. It seems to work very well in S1 given that you can set it to render cache files in the background and get it off of your CPU automatically. It's the Audio Option "Use Cache for Timestretched Files".

I'd never had much luck with Cubase's real time stretching algo for things like this but it seems to work and sound rather good in both S1 and Reaper, if you set the algos correctly for each source.

The "Solo Formant" was used on the vox track and "Polyhonic" on piano. The other one is "Transient" for drums etc. They all sound pretty good to me across a pretty wide range. It's not very likely that I'd actually ever change a song tempo as far as I did in that video, +/- 10 to 15 bpm. More like 5 bpm either way tops.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”