Studio One 2.5 Now Available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm a Cubase 6.5 user, and pre-ordered Cubase 7 .

I have purchased Studio One Pro V.2 when it was first released, but it is still in the box, I have not installed it yet.

So basically it has been pickling and maturing in the box :)

I will finally install version 2, and update to 2.5

Looks like they have lots of great new features, improvements, and bug fixes in S1-Pro Ver. 2.5

There is no "update" process for Studio One. Just download and install 2.5.

http://download.presonussoftware.com/studioone/current/

Installing the application from your 1 year old v2.0 box would just be a waste of time, although you won't have to download content you already have on DVD.

LawrenceF wrote:There is no "update" process for Studio One. Just download and install 2.5.

http://download.presonussoftware.com/studioone/current/

Installing the application from your 1 year old v2.0 box would just be a waste of time, although you won't have to download content you already have on DVD.
Yes, the main reason I would install from the DVD is avoid downloading the content.

I can then easily download v2.5 update.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Cakewalk Rapture vst now has some sort of display problem. Mostly a white screen. AU still works. Hey, I'm in Mountain Lion so it's all unsupported anyway. :(

No need to run any installer from the old DVD's unless you plan to install 3rd party instruments from the DVD. Even if you were, some of them might have been updated since last November.

For the S1 install, just copy the content from the DVD's to anywhere you want on any of your your hard drives, download and install 2.5, and tell it where to find the content in Options | Locations. The PreSonus content is just loops and files, it doesn't need an installer.

Anyway, was just trying to help.
Last edited by LawrenceF on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Content downloads are separate online.

edit again, now it works.
Last edited by hibidy on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well yeah, if you already have the content no need to download it again. Just install the app and point it to the content folder.

Then you can look in the download manager in S1 to see what content you might be missing, if there has been anything new added. The app will connect directly to your user account and list everything available to you and let you check or uncheck stuff to download or not.
Last edited by LawrenceF on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hibidy has been cursed by the DAW gods.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

LawrenceF wrote:No need to run any installer from the old DVD's unless you plan to install 3rd party instruments from the DVD. Even if you were, some of them might have been updated since last November.

For the S1 install, just copy the content from the DVD's to anywhere you want on any of your your hard drives, download and install 2.5, and tell it where to find the content in Options | Locations. The PreSonus content is just loops and files, it doesn't need an installer.

Anyway, was just trying to help.
Thanks, I appreciate the help.

I will just copy the content from the DVDs and download S1-Pro V2.5

Cheers,
Muziksculp

braj wrote:hibidy has been cursed by the DAW gods.
No way! Live has been great!

Anyways I got it worked out now.

LawrenceF wrote:Well yeah, if you already have the content no need to download it again. Just install the app and point it to the content folder.

Then you can look in the download manager in S1 to see what content you might be missing, if there has been anything new added. The app will connect directly to your user account and list everything available to you and let you check or uncheck stuff to download or not.
Thanks Lawrence :)

hibidy wrote:
braj wrote:hibidy has been cursed by the DAW gods.
No way! Live has been great!

Anyways I got it worked out now.
That's just a brake before hell.... :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I have NO expectations :uhuhuh: :D

I'm quite happy with what I'm doing in live, but curiosity has got the best of me. I mean, ffs, I own it.......might as well.

Same here. I'm upgrading DAILY!!! :phew: :love:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”