Studio One 2.5 Now Available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pwal wrote:
hibidy wrote:Oh yeah, and I fell sucker to YET ANOTHER sonar update.......damn, that's the one I regret. I just fall for it everytime. Total suckerpunch.
this is the first time i haven't just upgraded sonar (since v1) after the mess of x1... s1 is a breath of fresh air in comparison (imo)
The worst part is that I waited a week and got a feel for it first. Watched all those viddys and thought to myself "hey, if it works like that, I'll be happy".

At first, it seemed to be really cool.......then the bottom fell out. Like a cruel trick, I can see everyone laughing at me :cry:

One other note and I'll get back on topic, WTF with them not updating it yet?????? :x

Ok, back to learning S1........

The going goes well, but that CPU meter wears me out :lol: I just have to keep telling myself "self, just ignore it"........

How are the bundles FX? Anything special?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

I haven't tried them. I know the eq is good and I know I hate the limiter :hihi: I haven't tried ampire yet.

hibidy wrote:The going goes well, but that CPU meter wears me out :lol: I just have to keep telling myself "self, just ignore it"........
Yeah I think a great FR would be a button to hide it, but even then it would have me wondering. :?

lingyai wrote:How are the bundles FX? Anything special?
They are useful imo.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:
lingyai wrote:How are the bundles FX? Anything special?
They are useful imo.
efx: very good
synths: meh
Finally!

I got Studio One some weeks ago and like most of the effects. Not an amp guy, but Ampire does some nice things and is a useful effect combination box. Analog Delay, Tricomp, Pro EQ and Room Reverb are my favorites. I'm very suprised by the Room Reverb. Just sits good in a mix to my ears. The streamlined Channel Strip is also very handy for quick mixing purposes with the compressor being easy to use. Does the job a lot of times quite decent. The new features in 2.5, like being able to lock delay to a certain dry/wet amount or having a dry/wet for dynamic devices is great.

I added only a few things to its own effects for my new setup, which will be complete with my new PC arriving this week. ValhallaRoom, DC8C, Kombinat Dva, Barricade and ReelBus. Once bootsie/VoS goes 64bit, they will be added too. ;)
Anything special?
Tricomp is to me. Using gentle dry/wet settings and a bit of saturation, this thing does something beautiful.

Thanks everyone. Emotica, we are somewhat in the same boat -- new PC arriving, and fans of Valhalla and Toneboosters. And Bootsie -- why not J-bridge his stuff?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote:Thanks everyone. Emotica, we are somewhat in the same boat -- new PC arriving, and fans of Valhalla and Toneboosters. And Bootsie -- why not J-bridge his stuff?
Because 64bit shouldn't be that far away. I guess I can deal with some weeks (months?) without his stuff without going insane. :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”