Steinberg list Cubase 7 Known Issues

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

Founds this on the Steinberg Cubase 7 forum. Steinberg has a list of known issues with Cubase 7-https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/kn ... /2020.html

How do you feel about it?

Fixed Link:

Cubase 7 Known Issues

H

Interesting releasing something with known issues.... I have the 6.5 to 7 upgrade on order and now find that my iloc 1 way not work!

Always nervous to see information released like this before the product is even out, but I will say I'm impressed that it's not pages long!

Uh-oh.

iLok (v. 1) plugs are not compatible.

ditto AudioDamage plugs.

Hmmmm...
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Not happy.

Mandotory forcing to iLok2
"Older plugins" may not work.
Memory use may require 64 bit mode, but what if that project is using non 64 bit plugs.

I'm living in a cave for the rest of my life. XP + Cubase 4.5 + Albino3 is all I need.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Bummed about the Audio Damage plug-ins issue. Would be nice if they clarified which plugs on which platform.

Can't even recall which plugs are ON my iLok.

I think Plugsound Pro is on there, though. Can this be updated to iLok 2?
Berfab

BERFAB wrote:Uh-oh.

iLok (v. 1) plugs are not compatible.

ditto AudioDamage plugs.

Hmmmm...

It doesn't say that AD plugins aren't compatible. It says the there are reports of malfunctions, and that if there are they'll try and resolve it in an update.

Cubase is releasing what amounts to a Beta version of a new product and buyer beware. Most companies that release betas at least aren't aware of issues until you tell them. Cubase knows and releasing it anyway. Is this quality control?
I'll wait. I need to know that I'll get the same thing I saved when I reopen a project. :(

dblock wrote:Cubase is releasing what amounts to a Beta version of a new product and buyer beware. Most companies that release betas at least aren't aware of issues until you tell them. Cubase knows and releasing it anyway. Is this quality control?
I'll wait. I need to know that I'll get the same thing I saved when I reopen a project. :(
Well, I'm not sure I agree with this. Many new releases will jettison older incompatible plugs. That doesn't make it a beta.

Likewise, I'm glad they're looking very hard at the new release and can give us a heads up on what doesn't work.

Plus, it's a pretty short list.

-B
Berfab

"Please note that the overall memory footprint of C7 has been slightly increased. In 32-bit mode, projects which work seamlessly in Cubase 6.5 may now fail in Cubase 7 due to low memory conditions. Please use the Cubase 64-bit version instead."

just a question:
if I don't have more than 4 gig of ram, would switching to 64-bit mode improve "memory conditions"? :(
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

BERFAB wrote:
dblock wrote:Cubase is releasing what amounts to a Beta version of a new product and buyer beware. Most companies that release betas at least aren't aware of issues until you tell them. Cubase knows and releasing it anyway. Is this quality control?
Well, I'm not sure I agree with this. Many new releases will jettison older incompatible plugs. That doesn't make it a beta.

Likewise, I'm glad they're looking very hard at the new release and can give us a heads up on what doesn't work.

Plus, it's a pretty short list.

-B
The older plugin compatibility issue is no surprise for me but the issues with the mixer sound very beta to me.
Now that the new mixer has all these features yet we can't be sure once we shut down the project that it will come back exactly like we left it. That's the whole point of the save to me.

The only Audio Damage plug-in affected, at least as far as we are aware, is Kombinat Dva. The issue is not catastrophic; the plug-in works fine, but the little controls that change the crossover frequencies in the EQ can't be moved via the UI. We have only verified this behavior on the OS X side. I do not know if the Windows side is affected.

Steinberg has our entire product line. (We are, after all, official Plug-in Zone partners, so it would stand to reason.) They haven't informed us of any problems on our end to this point, so I have nothing further to offer except to say that they way they worded things and the way things actually are are perhaps at odds.

Several good reasons not to be an early adapter.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”