Worst DAW with a bad workflow is who?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Including dealing with issues like Plugin Delay Compensation, Ableton Live takes the cake, hands down. Absolute worst.

Not including that, the worst thing I've ever seen, even compared to Jeskola Buzz, is Reaper.

No doubt for me - Reaper

Not agree - Reaper is cool for me and Yeah, Jeskola Buzz is great too!
In these days I prefer not using Jeskola Buzz but inserting a tracker vsti into Reaper...
The worst DAW for me was -if I can say such thing - MadTracker.

sonar, since X1

dalor wrote:Nothing wrong with AdLib/OPL sound from back in the PC XT days :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEb5vJwYn-c
Man this is neat :D

Some knarly bassliness there
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Id rather use Reaper than Reason
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

tongsong wrote:sonar, since X1
Never tried X1, but X2 works pretty awesome here :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Rejoice in that teh answers is now simply ME! :wheee:

Teh hosts are workingz so WELL lately :hyper:

All daws are amazing. The problem is the idiots using them.

Reaper is both pretty awful and okay. There are lots of inconsistencies such as ctrl+drag meaning copy sometimes and not others, or grouping only grouping some features and not others. On the other hand if you put in the time you can fix up things like the fiddly item edge resizing through using mouse modifiers. And maybe the other inconsistencies can be fixed by hacking some macros or writing an extension.
what you don't know only makes you stronger

damoog wrote:there is NO SUCH THING AS A BAD DAW-arggghhh...they all have their strong points,its entirely down to the users preference on which side of the fence he wants to piss on :x
I dunno, SAWstudio is honestly a laughably "bad" DAW as far as I can tell.
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

woggle wrote:Reaper is both pretty awful and okay. There are lots of inconsistencies such as ctrl+drag meaning copy sometimes and not others, or grouping only grouping some features and not others. On the other hand if you put in the time you can fix up things like the fiddly item edge resizing through using mouse modifiers. And maybe the other inconsistencies can be fixed by hacking some macros or writing an extension.
I know what you mean. I had issues where copying regions would produce less than desirable results (usually one random note at the beginning) and it was time consuming fixing it. NEVER could I just fix the one note, it always required deleting that clip, starting over and THEN copying that region and hope for the best.

That's not people being idiots, but then again, there's always going to be a handful of people that think they are so special.

The worst DAWS are the ones that outsmart you :-o
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

hibidy wrote:
woggle wrote:Reaper is both pretty awful and okay.....
I know what you mean. I had issues where copying regions would produce less than desirable results (usually one random note at the beginning) and it was time consuming fixing it. NEVER could I just fix the one note, it always required deleting that clip, starting over and THEN copying that region and hope for the best.

That's not people being idiots, but then again, there's always going to be a handful of people that think they are so special.
Reaper has a very old school / tech oriented design that sits well outside modern UX design practice. It always will I think, and some people love that approach.
what you don't know only makes you stronger

It has a spaghetti-code design - well-maintained, but not terribly balanced. Winamp was the same - great back-end, terribly-designed interface.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”