Worst DAW with a bad workflow is who?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy wrote:Oh..........REAPER...........that's everyone is trying to say.

REAPER. I see. Ah, got it now.
Reaper? Never heard of it. I'm guessing that it's because no KVR members use it.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

@LS: Don't beat your head in ( :hihi: ) not everyone wants a host that's just good for 4/4 step sequencing

Last edited by hibidy on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cryophonik wrote:
hibidy wrote:Oh..........REAPER...........that's everyone is trying to say.

REAPER. I see. Ah, got it now.
Reaper? Never heard of it. I'm guessing that it's because no KVR members use it.
Not even one

Hey I love the FL studio workflow... took a bit to get the hang of but I'm way faster on it than anything else nowadays. But depends on what you wanna do I suppose.

For me the one that drives me crazy is ableton. click click click click click... arranging in Live droves me crazy, and yes I know all the key commands (all 12 of them).

this is a flawed thread though... what your personal priorities are will VASTLY effect how efficient a DAW is for you.

They all have briliant workflows.

For example I knocked up a couple of acoustic tracks with me singing on REAPER.

I did some quick reverb, eq, compression, limiting, mastering, rendering to mp3.

Voila. Now REAPER drives me nuts lots of the time, but here it was just perfect.

I love the way a daw inflicts its ideas on me. I love to obey. Then again, computer is my slave. I make of it what I can. There is no modern DAW that is not a masterpiece of engineering.

Except for maybe, Babya Logic, s***, that m**********, isn't even a daw!

But what I did with REAPER, I did without a license or a nag. I have a license.
That is why, when Justin and the boys do their next update I will buy it.

Hell, I'm even going to buy the new version of Podium now that Frits has sorted out the render 'feature'.

God. I love them all. Except Babya Logic!

:lol:

Edit:
I just saw the knocks and the support for REAPER above. I wrote my post in innocence but I don't mind joining a REAPER slagfest if there is one going. I'd rather enjoy it, in fact! But what I wrote about REAPER was true. Those fx are something else. Seriously bad eq, seriously bad compressor. Man I love REAPER. But I wouldn't use it for making music ;-).
Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was going to fix that but decided to just say I love these threads. I think it's fine to say what you don't like. Everyone is different and you have to filter, but can be fun and informative. Unless you like the "old" kvr. Then it's like :roll:

:P

Is it me or do the flaming trolls like to come out from under their bridges and caves around the holiday time?

Where did the OP go? 1st post in the thread, has had a KVR account for less than a year, and only 39 total posts... hmmmm

Like those people whose only post is "First 1sttttt!!!!!" on a gear demo review for a guitar pedal, GTFO :roll:

bitwig

hibidy wrote:. Unless you like the "old" kvr. Then it's like :roll:

:P
I'd love to see the "old" kvr. Patrick Moore on a black and white tv:

"And now, we have the latest Vee Ess Tee! It's a bit of a big bugger, half a mile wide, but those that know how to use it say that it can save its own presets. It uses a new form of analogue distortion. Don't worry if you are not familiar with that term yet. In ten years, everyone will be using it, and then you will be too. What does it sound like? Well, I'm very glad you asked. It sounds like a Mother*****ing Beast on heat! Here's to DubStep in the 21st Century!".

eh eh... :o

I miss the old kvr too.

metalifuxx wrote:Where did the OP go? 1st post in the thread, has had a KVR account for less than a year
... and a second account just since December 11th. :-S Not sure what's going on there.

debra1rlo wrote:bitwig
Bite. Nash.

:cry: :help: :hihi:

codec_spurt wrote:They all have briliant workflows.

For example I knocked up a couple of acoustic tracks with me singing on REAPER.

I did some quick reverb, eq, compression, limiting, mastering, rendering to mp3.

Voila. Now REAPER drives me nuts lots of the time, but here it was just perfect.

I love the way a daw inflicts its ideas on me. I love to obey. Then again, computer is my slave. I make of it what I can. There is no modern DAW that is not a masterpiece of engineering.

Except for maybe, Babya Logic, s***, that m**********, isn't even a daw!

But what I did with REAPER, I did without a license or a nag. I have a license.
That is why, when Justin and the boys do their next update I will buy it.

Hell, I'm even going to buy the new version of Podium now that Frits has sorted out the render 'feature'.

God. I love them all. Except Babya Logic!

:lol:

Edit:
I just saw the knocks and the support for REAPER above. I wrote my post in innocence but I don't mind joining a REAPER slagfest if there is one going. I'd rather enjoy it, in fact! But what I wrote about REAPER was true. Those fx are something else. Seriously bad eq, seriously bad compressor. Man I love REAPER. But I wouldn't use it for making music ;-).
Has Podium changed the Pianoroll navigation method?
I mean, it uses a crazy amount of modifiers to move around etc.
That was the main reason I stop upgrading after 3.0.
I was able to get Reaper to have it 99% like MuLab but Podium made my fingers coordination seriously challenged. :shrug:

I use mouse input a lot. :cry:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

cryophonik wrote:Well, considering that this is KVR, the correct answer is probably DIVA.
...or Zebra.
Cowbells!

debra1rlo wrote:bitwig
man, i cant even install that thing. :x

Ah, and so it goes. Lates!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”