Worst DAW with a bad workflow is who?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CTStump wrote: ... act's like a DAW but than it is a DAW and if that's not confusing enough it's really in essence not a DAW ...
Aah! I get it now! Thanks! :D

This worst DAW thread its getting old.
:borg:

hibidy wrote:
atraf11 wrote:screw you guys, im going home
:lol:
:lol:

My kind of humor :tu:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Let me suggest another thread:

KVR Member with the Worst Thread is who?
I witnessed the Nice, France terrorist attack, told the story with a music video: https://youtu.be/eHhw4Bl9HOs

LMMS

LMMS :tu:

CTStump wrote:
warp x wrote:Ableton Live
As far as a "different" workflow that doesn't necessarily mean bad. You really can't put Live in a category titled workflow, it's not linear in a linear sense it's more an instrument that act's like a DAW but than it is a DAW and if that's not confusing enough it's really in essence not a DAW because the true definition of a "DAW" is Digital Audio Workstation which would be hardware and not per se "Software".

I hope I cleared that up for everybody. :?

pmczar wrote:Let me suggest another thread:

KVR Member with the Worst Thread is who?
you

ls1xxx wrote:LMMS
ls1xxx wrote:LMMS :tu:
yo, hold up. are you saying LMMS????

hibidy wrote:
ls1xxx wrote:LMMS
ls1xxx wrote:LMMS :tu:
yo, hold up. are you saying LMMS????

yes sir! if you use that good luck it sucks! :tu:

Personally I found using Logic a painful experience, Studio One and Ableton's workflow are top notch though, just my two cents.

Bitwig is the worst. It's so bad I don't think they will ever bother releasing it.

I must ask all of you . . .

I used to use Sonar with version 5 producer. Cakewalk pissed me off so much, I vowed to never use it again (I can't even sell it), but now I have a $20 off coupon and Sonar X2 is wooing me.

I use Studio One Pro (v1) and Samplitude 11 as my main DAWs (with FL Studio, Reaper and Energy XT as alternates). I need several so I can test my synths and also for my own musical needs.

So, question is: should I upgrade to Sonar X2 and go back to Cakewalk (now that Roland owns them) or should I stay away?

I am a HEAVY virtual instrument user (32 and 64 bit versions), so if Sonar X2 bites for using vsti's, I need to know.

I appreciate anyone's input.

Worst DAW IMHO: Reaper

Why: Crashes every 2 minutes while all other DAWs just chug along. Nothing is worst than a DAW that simply crashes all the time.

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:I must ask all of you . . .

I used to use Sonar with version 5 producer. Cakewalk pissed me off so much, I vowed to never use it again (I can't even sell it), but now I have a $20 off coupon and Sonar X2 is wooing me.

I use Studio One Pro (v1) and Samplitude 11 as my main DAWs (with FL Studio, Reaper and Energy XT as alternates). I need several so I can test my synths and also for my own musical needs.

So, question is: should I upgrade to Sonar X2 and go back to Cakewalk (now that Roland owns them) or should I stay away?

I am a HEAVY virtual instrument user (32 and 64 bit versions), so if Sonar X2 bites for using vsti's, I need to know.

I appreciate anyone's input.

Worst DAW IMHO: Reaper

Why: Crashes every 2 minutes while all other DAWs just chug along. Nothing is worst than a DAW that simply crashes all the time.

Mike
Yeah I just received that coupon myself and I'm not going to bite at this time, 8.5.3 still works for me.

Not that your not happy with it, why haven't you upgraded Studio One to version 2? it's leagues ahead better than version 1 with Melodyne integration and comping upgrades. I'm not pitching for Presonus and I still have Version 1 on my machine for some strange reason I don't feel the necessity of using it but it's there.

Sonar X2 is tempting so I'll give you that but Demo it first before you pull the trigger and buy it. :wink:

p.s. It's Windows 8 only support for Updates and hotfixes so make sure you have Windows up to date, most aren't having problems now however in the future it may be an issue. :?

Funny, I even have a $99 upgrade coupon for Studio One Pro v2. I cannot tell you WHY I have not upgraded, but what I can tell you is that I created better music when I was using Sonar 5 Producer than with any other DAW to date.

That does not mean Sonar 5 Producer was better - it just means at that time I was more productive, better, creative, etc.

I am stuck - do I buy X2, upgrade to Studio One Pro v2 or just leave things as they are????

Grrrrr. I also swore I would NEVER buy a Cakewalk product again since their tech support is ABYSSMAL! Worst support in the history of support. Have they improved in the last several years? Back when v5 was new, their support was so bad, they FORCED me to change camps (answers like - "it's your fault virtual instruments won't load or crash your computer, our software is perfect" and then hang up on me or not asking a question and taking WEEKS to get back to me, if ever - crap like that!)

Thanks for any advice.

Mike

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”