problem with cubase 7 upgrade e- licence

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Like I said if you encounter what I did during the registration process it was basically a heads up if you would interpret what I did and think for a day or so this product wasn't registred, in fact I was starting to create a support ticket
when I noticed what the deal was so fortunately didn't waste Steinbergs time.
Which brings us to your dilemma. I feel you will get this all sorted out as I haven't had the Steinberg support issues that many other's complain of(knock on wood)

just to point out for everyone reading, 'registration' and 'activation' are separate. 'activation' is not dependent on a registration of the product at My Steinberg.

jancivil wrote:just to point out for everyone reading, 'registration' and 'activation' are separate. 'activation' is not dependent on a registration of the product at My Steinberg.
This is true and helpful to others that may not understand the difference and info garnered here on this thread may help things go as smoothly as possible but there is always exemptions alas.........

whitecloud wrote:
jancivil wrote:just to point out for everyone reading, 'registration' and 'activation' are separate. 'activation' is not dependent on a registration of the product at My Steinberg.
This is true and helpful to others that may not understand the difference and info garnered here on this thread may help things go as smoothly as possible but there is always exemptions alas.........

Dude wr having different problem . this is not what i asked for . thx anyway.

for instance, some time ago the e-licenser application informed me one of the keys had a problem, like it could fail. so I moved my Cubase 5 activated license to another key. I didn't register it, didn't even think about it.

read this thread and figured, I may as well check 'My Steinberg'. The key I moved it to was not registered. I registered the key and the site immediately knew what Steinberg licenses reside there.

Boujenah wrote:I dont have a + signe ., and thats what I got under my name : Currently there are no product licenses on this key.
the + reflects more than one entry shows in a list, in order to expand or collapse the list.

if your My Steinberg account is showing a key with no licenses on it - which happens to be the same problem but is not the cause of the problem *you don't have a license available on the key to make the activation of the new license valid* - it means there is a problem with your key, a problem with the communication of e-licenser with your key or the problem is basic, the license for the product you're upgrading from isn't there or isn't a valid license.

the problem is e-licenser related, rather than a My Steinberg registration problem.

jancivil wrote:
Boujenah wrote:I dont have a + signe ., and thats what I got under my name : Currently there are no product licenses on this key.
the + reflects that there is more than one entry to expand or collapse.

if your My Steinberg account is showing a key with no licenses on it - which happens to be the same problem but is not the cause of the problem *you don't have a license available on the key to make the activation of the new license valid* - it means there is a problem with your key, a problem with the communication of e-licenser with your key or the problem is basic, the license for the product you're upgrading from isn't there or isn't a valid license.

the problem is e-licenser related, rather than a My Steinberg registration problem.

the thing is there is no license available which can be upgraded by my upgrade license. it asks me to connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, ( the usb already plugged in ) . I got confused till I bought a second USB E-licenser. same shit!

Exactly dude / the problem is from USB Elicenser . these people dont know wtf their talking about ! got mad

Your 'My Steinberg' account finds nothing they can use on your key.

the thing the whole issue rides on is, whatever you're using to upgrade to Artist 7, is not found on your key by any means. So, have you not activated whatever that is? You bought a new key; did you activate the older or lesser version of Cubase yet?

Edit: If you are sure you have, you may have a connection problem with the USB. You absolutely have to have the activation for the previous version for e-licenser/Steinberg etc to consider the upgrade valid for activation.

the problem is probably not 'from' e-licenser (unless their site has been down the whole time) but it certainly resides with your key in some way.

jancivil wrote:My Steinberg finds nothing they can use on your key.

the thing the whole issue rides on is, whatever you're using to upgrade to Artist 7, is not found on your key by any means. So, have you not activated whatever that is? You bought a new key; did you activate the older or lesser version of Cubase yet?

I bought everything new . i have an activation code for cubase 7 Update from cubase 6.5 . when I entered that activation code in E-licenser control center , it recognized it as cubase 7 updated from 6.5 , then I press continue and here I got this msg : Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer . ( my e-licenser is completely empty there is nothing inside )

I have only that activation code for the DAW .

Boujenah wrote:
whitecloud wrote:

Dude wr having different problem . this is not what i asked for . thx anyway.
dude, I thought I made that clear

Boujenah wrote:
jancivil wrote:My Steinberg finds nothing they can use on your key.

I bought everything new . i have an activation code for cubase 7 Update from cubase 6.5 . when I entered that activation code in E-licenser control center , it recognized it as cubase 7 updated from 6.5 , then I press continue and here I got this msg : Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer . ( my e-licenser is completely empty there is nothing inside )

If you have been running 6.5 for some time now, how the hell can you if your eLicenser dongle is "empty"? Or has this a strange disappearance occurred when you started the Cubase 7 Activation process?

I have never had cubase 6.5 running dude ! I just bought all new.

Boujenah wrote:I have only that activation code for the DAW .
are you saying you have never had an activatation code for 6.5? when you buy these things you get an activation code. why do you have one for the Cubase 7 product and not the other one?

read these replies carefully: if you do not have C6 activated, which the key shows via e-licenser, you will never be able to activate the upgrade. you cannot activate any upgrade onto this empty key. you're done, until you have the activation for 6.5.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”