problem with cubase 7 upgrade e- licence

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi fernando; you described the procedure correctly ( apart from the fact that the activation code is more than 6 charachters, i think 20 or something..)

i am happy the you didn have the slighest problem....but it is not the same for me :(

Giusmex wrote:hi fernando; you described the procedure correctly ( apart from the fact that the activation code is more than 6 charachters, i think 20 or something..)

i am happy the you didn have the slighest problem....but it is not the same for me :(
Sorry it didn't help. :(
And I was referring to the rectangles, not the charachters. I checked now, and it's eight groups of four characters, which makes 32 characters in total.
Does the license download accept the code? What does it display?
Fernando (FMR)

hi fmr

after digiting the right activation code, it recognizes it and displays: "update from cubae 6 to cubase 7 ..." or something like that, an then you are prompted to press "continue"; after pressing "continue", the problem begins: it does not recognize me the usb elicencer and tells me that there is not an appropriate licence to upgrade; as if the problem was the usb licencer

Giusmex wrote:hi fmr

after digiting the right activation code, it recognizes it and displays: "update from cubae 6 to cubase 7 ..." or something like that, an then you are prompted to press "continue"; after pressing "continue", the problem begins: it does not recognize me the usb elicencer and tells me that there is not an appropriate licence to upgrade; as if the problem was the usb licencer
So, the problem is not in the code you received - that works and is OK. Now, back to the eLicenser Control Manager - does it shows your key? Does it ask for maintenance when you launch it? Did you do it? Does it show you other licenses there (presuming you have more licenses). Or does it not show you the key at all?
Also - do you have the key registered in your Steinberg account? Does your account show the license registered in the key?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:

So, the problem is not in the code you received - that works and is OK. Now, back to the eLicenser Control Manager - does it shows your key? Does it ask for maintenance when you launch it? Did you do it? Does it show you other licenses there (presuming you have more licenses). Or does it not show you the key at all?
Also - do you have the key registered in your Steinberg account? Does your account show the license registered in the key?

yes fmr

i have done all of those operations.. all of them; still no result

Giusmex wrote:
fmr wrote:

yes fmr

i have done all of those operations.. all of them; still no result
What do you mean? You open the License Manager, and you have a Cubase 6 license there? is it Cubase 6 or Cubase 6.5? And what did you buy - a Cubase 6 > Cubase 7 update or a Cubase 6.5 > Cubase 7 update? Because, they are different (I guess you know).
Fernando (FMR)

the version that appears in the box is from 6,5 to 7

omg getting mad

Giusmex wrote:the version that appears in the box is from 6,5 to 7

omg getting mad
Damn. Everything should be OK. I can't understand why it doesn't recognize your license, since you are using version 6.5.
Fernando (FMR)

omg getting mad
Just to clarify (sorry if it has been done already). A Cubase 6.5 license exists on your USB eLicenser and shows up when you open the eLicenser Control Centre?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote:

omg getting mad
Just to clarify (sorry if it has been done already). A Cubase 6.5 license exists on your USB eLicenser and shows up when you open the eLicenser Control Centre?
yes, thats correct

Hello guys ,
im having the same problem .After entering the activation number in E-licenser control center for my cubase 7 update from 6.5, that's what I got : Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer. ( the usb already plugged in )
is there any body who could help me with this ?
( I bought everything new , already registered in My stein berg/activate.com )

Boujenah wrote:Hello guys ,
im having the same problem .After entering the activation number in E-licenser control center for my cubase 7 update from 6.5, that's what I got : Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect an USB-eLicenser, which holds an appropriate upgradable license, to your computer. ( the usb already plugged in )
This is odd. Friday I got my Cubase Artist 7 upgrade 1(from Essentials 5)
and the Act. code and licensing went smoothly and Cubase Artist 7 is on my eLicenser dongle and the Program works fine. Something odd when I went to register it on their site. I was prompted to input my eLicencer key and it
said I already had that and I couldn't see Cubase Artist 7 listed on that page.
It said it could take up to 10 minutes to show up. Well I finally figured out the deal here. When you go to My registered products, click on the + sign(show/hide)
it is there that I see Artist 7 listed and not Cubase Essentials 5. It was confusing but I thought I would mention it so someone else doesn't have the same misunderstanding. Hope you get the Cubase activated soon

whitecloud wrote:
and the Act. code and licensing went smoothly and Cubase Artist 7 is on my eLicenser dongle and the Program works fine. Something odd when I went to register it on their site. I was prompted to input my eLicencer key and it
It said it could take up to 10 minutes to show up. Well I finally figured out the deal here. When you go to My registered products, click on the + sign(show/hide)
it is there that I see Artist 7 listed and not Cubase Essentials 5. It was confusing but I thought I would mention it so someone else doesn't have the same misunderstanding. Hope you get the Cubase activated soon

hey I could not find that sign ? could you explain more please. appreciate :)

Boujenah wrote:
whitecloud wrote:

hey I could not find that sign ? could you explain more please. appreciate :)
FYI this is not a eLicenser matter and I had all that go smoothly as I have posted above. I just wanted my new Product registered with Steinberg.
That said here is what I encountered step by step. Logged in to "My Steinberg"
Observe "My last licence transactions" and I see along with the various trial versions or older Cubase versions, The new Cubase Artist 7, but the date says
20.01.2010. and I am thinking WTF. So next I click on show registered products
and click on "REGISTERED USB-ELICENSERS/STEINBERG KEYS OR SOFT-ELICENSERS"
then up comes my name and eLicencer # and with the same old date from when I first installed Cubase Essential 5 and it notes I have 1 single product.
There is a + right before it and when I click on that I see Cubase Artist 7.
I guess the upgrade supersedes the older version. All is fine, just thought it was weird not to see last Friday's date.

FYI this is not a eLicenser matter and I had all that go smoothly as I have posted above. I just wanted my new Product registered with Steinberg.
That said here is what I encountered step by step. Logged in to "My Steinberg"
Observe "My last licence transactions" and I see along with the various trial versions or older Cubase versions, The new Cubase Artist 7, but the date says
20.01.2010. and I am thinking WTF. So next I click on show registered products
and click on "REGISTERED USB-ELICENSERS/STEINBERG KEYS OR SOFT-ELICENSERS"
then up comes my name and eLicencer # and with the same old date from when I first installed Cubase Essential 5 and it notes I have 1 single product.
There is a + right before it and when I click on that I see Cubase Artist 7.
I guess the upgrade supersedes the older version. All is fine, just thought it was weird not to see last Friday's date.[/quote]

ya got you but I dont have a + signe ., and thats what I got under my name : Currently there are no product licenses on this key.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”