Mulab 5 beta is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry to bother...

On startup the app alerts: "Can't find graphic resources -> quitting".

I've read your help message on this which says "Make sure you unzip the zip package with the "Use Folder Names" option enabled!" Uhm.. when I click your *.exe file, I do not get this option. When I right click and use my Windows 7 extraction tool, I don't get this option either. I just get an unzipped "Mulab" application which when clicked gives me the error message I just mentioned, as well as a full error log, below.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but, well, using self-extracting zipped files is something I usually find to be quite straightforward -- just click and they work. Not here though.

I would be happy to beta test if you can help me here. Is there some specific unzip utility I'm supposed to use or what?

[error log]

"48:34:03:595 MS Windows Professional
48:34:03:595 MuLab FREE 5.0.30 - 64 bit
48:34:03:595 /C:/Users/User/Documents/a_musicsoftware/MuLab/mulab-5-0-30-win64-exe/MuLab.exe
48:34:03:595 Info regarding "Can't find graphic resources":
48:34:03:595 core filepath={Application}/App/Graphics
48:34:03:595 resolved filepath=/C:/Users/User/Documents/a_musicsoftware/MuLab/mulab-5-0-30-win64-exe/App/Graphics
48:34:03:595 platform filepath=C:\Users\User\Documents\a_musicsoftware\MuLab\mulab-5-0-30-win64-exe\App\Graphics
48:34:03:595 core filepath does not exist
48:34:03:595 listing files in core filepath:
48:34:03:595 --- text ---
<>
<WorldObject>
<Object>
<CID>TREL</CID>
<COBS>
<Object>
<CID>regn</CID>
</Object>
<Object>
<CID>loox</CID>
</Object>
<LstrItm>
<WorldObject>
<Object>
<CID>wobj</CID>
</Object>
</WorldObject>
</LstrItm>
<Object>
<CID>loox</CID>
</Object>
<Object>
<CID>loox</CID>
</Object>
<Object>
<CID>loox</CID>
</Object>
<Object>
<CID>loox</CID>
</Object>
</COBS>
</Object>
</WorldObject>
</>
48:34:03:595 --- /text ---
48:34:03:595 end-of-list
48:34:05:561 Can't find graphic resources -> quitting. Show more info?
48:34:05:561 BStf[97]
48:34:05:561 Error Region[19]
"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

hey there

you need to download 5.0.27 first
unzip that then install
followed by
it should have two files
the installer and mulab id
replace the mulab .exe and id files from 5.0.27
then double click the new .exe

i think that's your issue
if not post in mutools forum for a quick response...

dave

dave dove wrote:hey there

you need to download 5.0.27 first
unzip that then install
followed by
it should have two files
the installer and mulab id
replace the mulab .exe and id files from 5.0.27
then double click the new .exe

i think that's your issue
if not post in mutools forum for a quick response...

dave
Thanks. Tried what you suggested. No joy

I hope the software is more intuitive to use than to unzip!

The error message looks like you've not extracted the files -- you're running them from a ZIP file manager, or something. Extract the files, preserving the folder structure.

No, I've unzipped the files, and and running the unzipped versions.

Are you sure you've got the 5.0.27 files in the same folder as the 5.0.30 exe (and ID)? I'm just surprised by the naming convention you've chosen:
C:\Users\User\Documents\a_musicsoftware\MuLab\mulab-5-0-30-win64-exe

You should have something like this:

Mulab folder:

Code: Select all

23/12/2012  09:44    <DIR>          App
03/09/2012  08:37             3,543 LicenseAgreement.Txt
29/12/2012  13:16         7,121,920 MuLab.exe
29/12/2012  13:19                80 MuLab.ID
23/12/2012  09:44    <DIR>          User
Mulab\App folder:

Code: Select all

23/12/2012  09:44    <DIR>          .
23/12/2012  09:44    <DIR>          ..
23/12/2012  09:44    <DIR>          Audio
23/12/2012  09:44    <DIR>          Bin
23/12/2012  09:44    <DIR>          Data
23/12/2012  09:44    <DIR>          Graphics
23/12/2012  09:44    <DIR>          Library

Trying to run the demo, with the same problem as lingyai, here. When I extract either 5.0.27 or 5.0.30, e.g., a folder is created named mulab-5-0-30-win64-exe, which contains two files: MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID

Extracting and running the exe makes no sense on my end.

?

hey

you need to unzip the 5.0.27 zip
which contains the app and user folders + licence agreement
as well as .exe and mulab id

you need to run 5.0.27 .exe

then
replace the .exe and .id
with the 5.0.30 versions
and run the .exe

if the problem is the install procedure that should sort it
if it's something else it prolly won't...

good luck

dave

Nevermind. The confusion is caused by two type of zips being on that page. One type is exe.zip and the other is .zip. <confusion>

Instructions should say to download the 5.0.27.zip, extract it. Download the 5.0.30.exe.zip, extract it, and copy those files into the 5.0.27 folder, replacing those files when asked.

Even that should be unnecessary.

I don't mean to sound grumpy, but this could be made much simpler... e.g., for each type of OS, one single zip or exe to download and run, resulting in all you need, in the right place.

I've heard that MULab is actually extremely user friendly and intuitive, hence my surprise here.

Maybe I'm just getting old and grouchy, but with so much software out there competing for attention, I am losing patience in cases where basic things are made more complex than neccessary

lingyai wrote:I don't mean to sound grumpy, but this could be made much simpler... e.g., for each type of OS, one single zip or exe to download and run, resulting in all you need, in the right place.

I've heard that MULab is actually extremely user friendly and intuitive, hence my surprise here.

Maybe I'm just getting old and grouchy, but with so much software out there competing for attention, I am losing patience in cases where basic things are made more complex than neccessary

It is a beta!!!! Right?

Just complain with the final product, certainly you will not need to change exe to frequent updates on it, as you didnt in v4.

pc999 wrote:
lingyai wrote:I don't mean to sound grumpy, but this could be made much simpler... e.g., for each type of OS, one single zip or exe to download and run, resulting in all you need, in the right place.

It is a beta!!!! Right?

Just complain with the final product, certainly you will not need to change exe to frequent updates on it, as you didnt in v4.
I don't know, never used V4 or any other version. So this is my first impression of the product line.

Yes, this is a beta -- but of a mature product Version 5. But the intstallation is like something which is a school project

I think installation is dead simple!
The only "problem" is that there are upgrades available which do not contain the full package.

I would recommend that you download the appropriate 5-0-27 version (Mac/Win; 32/64bit) that is 19MB in size.
Unzip it and run Mulab.exe. Done!

You should enjoy this version until the final release is out as there are no major issues fixed with the newer versions.

The main problem I had while using Mulab Free is that there's noise and fadin out even on the exported audio file !! I actually like the simplicity of the software !! :?
Music is the essence of life.

https://www.srvmusicmaker.com/

srv-musikmaker wrote:The main problem I had while using Mulab Free is that there's noise and fadin out even on the exported audio file !! I actually like the simplicity of the software !! :?
That only happens if you've exceed the restrictions on the Free version. See
http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... sions.html

The idea is that you get the complete application to try out then pay for as much as you need to use.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”