Mulab 5 beta is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pljones wrote:
srv-musikmaker wrote:The main problem I had while using Mulab Free is that there's noise and fadin out even on the exported audio file !! I actually like the simplicity of the software !! :?
That only happens if you've exceed the restrictions on the Free version. See
http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... sions.html

The idea is that you get the complete application to try out then pay for as much as you need to use.
Oh I see !! :wink:
Music is the essence of life.

https://www.srvmusicmaker.com/

lingyai wrote:I don't mean to sound grumpy, but this could be made much simpler... e.g., for each type of OS, one single zip or exe to download and run, resulting in all you need, in the right place.

I've heard that MULab is actually extremely user friendly and intuitive, hence my surprise here.

Maybe I'm just getting old and grouchy, but with so much software out there competing for attention, I am losing patience in cases where basic things are made more complex than neccessary
MuLab 5 indeed still is in test stage. There are many updates these days and it would be a pita if users would have to redownload a full zip package all the time, that would be very uncomfortable. That's why the newest M5 test version is delivered as an EXE as long as the library or graphics (which are the biggest part of the full package) have not changed. Cfr what others wrote: First download the M5.0.27 package the apply the M5.0.31 EXE+ID update.

The official download page ( http://www.mutools.com/mulab-downloads.html ) delivers the simple one shot package you want. That's still MuLab 4 though.
As soon as MuLab 5 is released it will also be available on that page as a single complete package :)

I hate to, but I have a really really really really ugly question: for those of you who are Mulabians, how does MuTools compare to the competition. I don't mean so much 'which is better or worse,' but what is the flavour of the thing.
Is it like Live with an automatic transmission, Or S1 with 6 arms, or..... what?

Thanks for any feedback.

lockheart wrote:I hate to, but I have a really really really really ugly question: for those of you who are Mulabians, how does MuTools compare to the competition. I don't mean so much 'which is better or worse,' but what is the flavour of the thing.
Is it like Live with an automatic transmission, Or S1 with 6 arms, or..... what?

Thanks for any feedback.
It doesn't aim to be derivative from something else, so it's "or what". Try the Free version of MuLab 4. MuLab 5 will be like that with icing.

Well, thanks.
Last edited by lockheart on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bimp

lockheart wrote:OK, let's try this: how do the MuLab instruments and effects compare with those of Studio One? Is there much difference, generally?
I like to know from you actually what you think about MuLab demo vs S1 demo with your own words.
I own both and I would love to hear a new user of MuLab, or demo, giving me a fresh first impression about the experience and comparison of the two actually. :)
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:
lockheart wrote:OK, let's try this: how do the MuLab instruments and effects compare with those of Studio One? Is there much difference, generally?
I like to know from you actually what you think about MuLab demo vs S1 demo with your own words.
I own both and I would love to hear a new user of MuLab, or demo, giving me a fresh first impression about the experience and comparison of the two actually. :)

It's rather odd, then, that you didn't make the request earlier, rather than just now and as a non-reply to my question.

But thanks for the lecture.

lockheart wrote:
liquidsound wrote:

It's rather odd, then, that you didn't make the request earlier, rather than just now and as a non-reply to my question.

But thanks for the lecture.
you didn't mention any deadline to your posts. Did you?
Did you test both programs? Any experience with either one?
Btw, there is no lecture here, just trying to understand the genuine questions.

liquidsound wrote:I (sic) like to know from you actually what you think about MuLab demo vs S1 demo with your own words.

No, you're a troll-cop, as I see in running into some of your other lectures on other threads this morning. The point - which you missed - is that you had no interest in being helpful by answering my question; your interest was in challenging me by asking if I had trialled the software. (BTW, I own Live & S1.) "The genuine question" was very clear: ""how do the MuLab instruments and effects compare with those of Studio One? Is there much difference, generally?"" Playing the part by asking if I had demo'd them is both patronizing and obvious.

If you and your ego don't want to help people, fine: pizz off.

So I live without MuLab...... life is busy enough.

lockheart wrote:
liquidsound wrote:I (sic) like to know from you actually what you think about MuLab demo vs S1 demo with your own words.

No, you're a troll-cop, as I see in running into some of your other lectures on other threads this morning. The point - which you missed - is that you had no interest in being helpful by answering my question; your interest was in challenging me by asking if I had trialled the software. (BTW, I own Live & S1.) "The genuine question" was very clear: ""how do the MuLab instruments and effects compare with those of Studio One? Is there much difference, generally?"" Playing the part by asking if I had demo'd them is both patronizing and obvious.

If you and your ego don't want to help people, fine: pizz off.

So I live without MuLab...... life is busy enough.
no Cop here.
I'm just wondering why you didn't test it yourself since there is a good free demo. Isn't that the best way to find out?
What kind of comparison do you need. That's a very general question and as a general answer I can tell you that MuLab instruments sound much much better IMHO having the MUX capable of almost anything and for the effects, I'm not using any of either one.
You seem to be very sensitive. That's an ego problem right there.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”