Trackion 4 .... like a Phoenix rises from the ashes

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DHR53 wrote:My initial tests of T4 on the Mac were going well, but I just noticed that my drum plugin "Nerve" is dropping the first beat on synced playback. Bummer, as that was a common problem before with some stuff. Hmmm, can't figure out why that would be an issue as it plays fine in Logic and MuLab? I hope Julian will take some note of some of these questions, as I'd like to see if I can set this up with my stuff again. And give it a whirl...

8)
Man that's not fun. I've been reading about this being an issue in T4. I saw a thread about T4 betatesters reporting similar findings.

You know I'm always pulling for the smaller DAWs on the Mac side to fill my needs, so I can go the other direction from the big DAWs... of which most have a ton of features I don't really need. But it seems there is always something with each one that is just short of making them a replacement for Logic. I can get along without some stuff, but there are a few things I can't overlook and they are issues in both programs I'm currently testing. Bummer!

:roll:

AC222 wrote:To Mr. Grimmjow Jaggerjack,

I e-mailed Woody to inquire if there would be any issues of installing T4 with T3 active and he said he would loop in Julian to get back to me on this. If I hear back from him, I'll let you know. If for some reason I forget feel free to pm me. Thanks!
Guys,

I heard back from Julian and he told me that there shouldn't be a conflict between T3 and T4 though you should know that they store settings in different places. Not sure if it makes sense to have both of them installed at the same time but it seems they are still working out some bugs in T4. Julian did warn though that they aren't sure if T4 is backwards compatible and while it was nice that he gave a heads up, I don't think I would go back to T3 anyways unless there was a serious bug unique to T4. I am curious about the MIDI timing issues people are reporting.

So for grins I went to see if I could get the upgrade for T4 on the site...but no record of any of the three copies of T3 are in my account...figures.

Its not x64 :-( oh well...

Some of you claiming purchase for possible future updates are really funny. It's like buying software from the future. But you can't be sure of anything. Emotional purchases are seldom right, especially based on future expectations instead of actual software features.

DHR53 wrote:My initial tests of T4 on the Mac were going well, but I just noticed that my drum plugin "Nerve" is dropping the first beat on synced playback. Bummer, as that was a common problem before with some stuff. Hmmm, can't figure out why that would be an issue as it plays fine in Logic and MuLab? I hope Julian will take some note of some of these questions, as I'd like to see if I can set this up with my stuff again. And give it a whirl...

8)
Are you in loop mode at the time DHR? I couldn't get it to drop first notes and it happened very very often in the older versions.

Tehnik wrote:Some of you claiming purchase for possible future updates are really funny. It's like buying software from the future. But you can't be sure of anything. Emotional purchases are seldom right, especially based on future expectations instead of actual software features.
Yes, but I don't think it's unfair to ask a few questions about issues based on the track record of the developer.

He had a great software, he sold it off to someone else, magically he's back (and I'm glad) but there are still bugs in it and he's asking me to pay an upgrade fee for essentially the same software I already own.

I don't think that it's unreasonable at all to ask about real plans for the software including a road map, and a release schedule.

I e-mailed Woody to inquire if there would be any issues of installing T4 with T3 active and he said he would loop in Julian to get back to me on this. If I hear back from him, I'll let you know. If for some reason I forget feel free to pm me. Thanks!
Grimmjow Jaggerjack must be what you were referring to then, and no it has nothing to do with that :)

grymmjack wrote:

8)
Are you in loop mode at the time DHR? I couldn't get it to drop first notes and it happened very very often in the older versions.
Yes. I'm using Nerve which syncs to host, and should play along from the first note at first beat... the loop markers are set of course. In my recording tests, no plugs so far dropped notes playing back from the left marker in loop mode. I guess it's a tempo sync thing, or just that plugin. Nerve is not exactly one of the most popular drum VIs. Although it should be! And this is Mac version so I always take issues with a grain of salt. :wink:

Got round to demoing a bit.

Hmm, old controller drawing issues are still there. Line tool creates zoom-level snap-steps, even when snap is disabled. Also, drawing manually with snap disabled doesn't draw clean continuously data unless you draw at a snail's pace.

Curiously I didn't really miss the workflow as much as I thought it did. Funny how time colours your perception of things.

DHR53 wrote:You know I'm always pulling for the smaller DAWs on the Mac side to fill my needs, so I can go the other direction from the big DAWs... of which most have a ton of features I don't really need. But it seems there is always something with each one that is just short of making them a replacement for Logic. I can get along without some stuff, but there are a few things I can't overlook and they are issues in both programs I'm currently testing. Bummer!

:roll:
It's hard to find the perfect program possibly due to the fact that we also change in time.
Maybe Windows would give you more choices or less bugs for the same program?
Is Tracktion having the same exact issues on both OS?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

grymmjack wrote:

Grimmjow Jaggerjack must be what you were referring to then, and no it has nothing to do with that :)
lol ya, I realized that from your first response but I just couldn't help myself haha.

grymmjack wrote:He had a great software, he sold it off to someone else, magically he's back (and I'm glad) but there are still bugs in it and he's asking me to pay an upgrade fee for essentially the same software I already own.
Can't help agreeing with this. I never bit the bullet and upgraded to T3 so an update path from 1 or 2 is cool and generous. But if I did own 3 then paying for what is effectively a maintenance patch would make me think twice. I've played a lot with t4 over the weekend and got all nostalgic and stuff but it is effectively the same software I fell for a decade ago feature-wise. I just went back to a project I'm working on in Reaper and it just felt like I was back home in 2013...[/url]

grymmjack wrote:Is it pretty safe to assume that more features/fixes will be coming in minor versions if we purchase?
I would not assume that there will be more features anytime soon... and some of the lingering bugs/issues have been there a long time so fixes may take a while. At this point, I think a purchase is something of a gamble...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”