Trackion 4 .... like a Phoenix rises from the ashes

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy wrote:I've got hosts that work. I need to channel that money process towards the NI verbs...........
Ok..you're saying you're a money channel. A channel is like a river, a river that winds its way round sensible obstacles like budgets. So, you're going to buy Tracktion on the weekend then? :hihi:
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

:lol:

Not likely though because I have two (actually 3, well actually FOUR) hosts that have more in the way of midi.

Don't get me wrong though, number 5 wouldn't be a "fifth wheel" :D

leggie wrote:Did anyone like using the Tracktion midi editor ? been so long I vaguely remember but found it irksome,think it was the scrolling around. Hope they have improved that.
I remember a distinct problem whereby the resolution CC events was dependent on the zoom level in the MIDI editor. This is the first thing I'll be looking at when I demo it and if it's still the same (as I imagine it probably is, Tracktion simply brought up to date, which is no bad thing!) then that will be major incentive for me to stick with Cubase.

Tracktion 3 video tutorials, now free:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Streamworks ... =tracktion

will it be x64? i also rediscovered my freeloader license key :D

maybe its workflow was quick 8 years ago, but now, with snap-on DAWs like Studio One or Sonar on the market - the workflow here is just weird and trublesome due to lots of non-standard ways of doing many things, forced without any particular reason. And where are my right-click menus ffs?!
One more thing - half of the interface looks like it was made for people who cannot see a bloody thing without two pairs of glasses, another half needs constant zooming in and out. This is crazy, I just cant understand the hype.
Last edited by Johnny! on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tehnik wrote:maybe its workflow was fast 8 years ago, but now with snap-on DAWs like Studio One or Sonar in the market - the workflow here is just weird and trublesome due to some non-standard ways of doing many thing forced without any particular reason. One more thing - half of the interface look like it was made for people who cannot see a bloody thing without two pairs of glasses, another half needs constant zooming in and out. This is crazy, I just cant understand the hype
You must not have seen the mess that is audio on Linux. Any decent daw would be a welcome addition.

Is the "Final Mix" plugin included? I installed the demo, but I can't find it.

If memory serves, Final Mix was only included as part of the deal with Mackie? I believe jules just has the Tracktion rights now.

pwal wrote:will it be x64? i also rediscovered my freeloader license key :D
it seems to be :)
The Popular, Single-Screen DAW Gains Universal Compatibility

SEATTLE, WA - January 24, 2013 - Seattle-based Tracktion Software Corporation (TSC) announced the launch of Tracktion 4, the latest version of the digital audio workstation (DAW) platform the company purchased from LOUD Technologies in 2012. The highly intuitive software program features a single-screen user interface and drag-and-drop functionality to simplify complex digital recording, editing and mixing tasks.

Originally created by developer Julian Storer, Tracktion debuted in 2002 to instant acclaim. It was acquired by Mackie Designs, later LOUD Technologies, in 2003 and updated twice prior to 2009. A lack of further updates or communication regarding Tracktion led many in the platform's large and vocal user base to assume it had been discontinued. However, Storer teamed up with ex-Mackie employees (Mackoids) James 'Woody' Woodburn and Dave Christenson to form TSC with the specific goal of reviving and advancing the unique Tracktion brand.

Tracktion 4 (T4) features the same operational characteristics as the original program but with an entirely new audio engine. This progression is intended not only to make T4 compatible with all the latest operating systems, plug-in and controller technology, but also to create a modern platform for further development. TSC is dedicated to the continued evolution of the product.

To be specific, T4 provides support for OSX Mountain Lion to take advantage of Apple's very latest hardware and operating systems. It also provides support for Microsoft's Windows 7 & 8. Apple Audio Unit (AU) is supported to open a new world of effects and instruments for Tracktion users and the latest generation audio codec from Microsoft, Windows Media Audio (WMA) is also supported.

Windows Audio Session API (WASAPI) is included for optimized audio data management between applications. There is also support for 64bit Mac and PC operating systems so Tracktion can squeeze the highest performance out of current computer resources.

For more information on Tracktion 4 and TSC, please visit the brand's website at www.tracktion.com.

Actually the workflow get a lot faster from the first impressions to a later bit, probably still not as fast as S1, but lots of potential.

my mackie login doesn't work on the new site but i'm hoping it's just due to "still deploying the new site"

Mine, either, but then again, I just registered yesterday.
Blue Phase Music

4lb Kitty wrote:Mine, either, but then again, I just registered yesterday.
i registered in 2004 :P

the reset pw works ;)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”