Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

grymmjack wrote:great news. :hyper:

is it out yet? :hihi:
Your groundhog is showing... :hihi:

oh, wait... so is mine! :oops:
Last edited by bk on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skipscada wrote:
AndrewSimon wrote: From what I understand there are no major changes in T4 at least not yet.
What the current version does is bringing it up to date for OS, VST and hardware versions.
... which is exactly what they should be doing. Keep it going and don't break it. Streamline, streamline, streamline! Bundling plugins and loops and just trying to make it look expensive Mackie-style is pointless. What they should be asking isn't "which new features do you want?", but "which operations do you feel are too cumbersome / take too long time / are hard to get your head around?" and then they should use their gifted heads to work out ways of making these operations easier/faster to do or easier to understand. Extending the arsenal of built-in plugins with Jules-made versions of popular plugin types could be an idea, but not essential.
+1000. No feature-creep for now, please. Safety first - Smooth and Stable. Get the G-hogs back to the trough. Then later they can create bloated, bug-festering feature-puss for T5 and order will be restored to the universe. :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote:
skipscada wrote:
AndrewSimon wrote: From what I understand there are no major changes in T4 at least not yet.
What the current version does is bringing it up to date for OS, VST and hardware versions.
... which is exactly what they should be doing. Keep it going and don't break it. Streamline, streamline, streamline! Bundling plugins and loops and just trying to make it look expensive Mackie-style is pointless. What they should be asking isn't "which new features do you want?", but "which operations do you feel are too cumbersome / take too long time / are hard to get your head around?" and then they should use their gifted heads to work out ways of making these operations easier/faster to do or easier to understand. Extending the arsenal of built-in plugins with Jules-made versions of popular plugin types could be an idea, but not essential.
+1000. No feature-creep for now, please. Safety first - Smooth and Stable. Get the G-hogs back to the trough. Then later they can create bloated, bug-festering feature-puss for T5 and order will be restored to the universe. :D
+1! couldn't have said it better... STREAMLINE!

BTW, I love the title of this thread.. so I adapted it.
:hihi:
ModuLR / Radio

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bk wrote:
leggie wrote:Upgrade only from 2 and 3 ? what about us 1 owners ? :?

Also shocked I brought 1 in 2004 !!!! where did all that time go !
Shortly before T2 came out, they gave away version 1 for free. It seems unlikely they will offer cheap upgrades to everyone who obtained T1 at that time.
We, Tracktion 1.5, freeloaders have an NFR license, so I imagine they could offer paying v1 users an upgrade path if they wanted to.

asnor wrote:
bk wrote:

Shortly before T2 came out, they gave away version 1 for free. It seems unlikely they will offer cheap upgrades to everyone who obtained T1 at that time.
We, Tracktion 1.5, freeloaders have an NFR license, so I imagine they could offer paying v1 users an upgrade path if they wanted to.
Looks like they're including T1 users in the upgrade pricing as well...
Tracktion Software Corporation wrote:We are making an upgrade available to any previous Tracktion user (V1,2 or 3), that has a user account, for the killer price of $29.99 - new customers pay the full price of $59.99.

If T4 is going to have a decent chance of sustained growth in a vastly different DAW market compared to the one T3 entered so many years ago then offering T.v1 owners an upgrade path is absolutely critical.

It looks like Jules and co. agree. :wink:

logged into my acount at Mackie (out of curiousity) and found licences for T1 and T2. The T1 licence was registered in 2004 !

Has Jules awoken from a cryogenic suspension or something ?

luxgud wrote:logged into my acount at Mackie (out of curiousity) and found licences for T1 and T2. The T1 licence was registered in 2004 !

Has Jules awoken from a cryogenic suspension or something ?
I think it's pretty clear, Mackie purchased Tracktion so they can
have something to bundle with their hardware.
I don't think they wanted to invest money in it, after all T was just a marketing candy they included in the box with their "real product".
And now that this candy is outdated and not a good promotional material anymore they got rid of it...... LUCKY FOR US!

:?

bk wrote:
asnor wrote:
bk wrote:

Looks like they're including T1 users in the upgrade pricing as well...
Tracktion Software Corporation wrote:We are making an upgrade available to any previous Tracktion user (V1,2 or 3), that has a user account, for the killer price of $29.99 - new customers pay the full price of $59.99.
Best news I have had today :D nice price too.

New OSs? Linux?
bk wrote:
asnor wrote:
Where is that?

Anyway seems like a nice price for a updated/upgraded Tracktion (given what on T3 features, which I never used it).

I have T3, which I've never installed. Do you think it would be possible to register it now?

I'm curious to try it out, even though I'm perfectly happy with Cubase.
Blue Phase Music

You guys are almost talking like this available now?

hibidy wrote:You guys are almost talking like this available now?
It is. Ready to go. Done. Dusted. Hit the Play button.

Just as soon as their lazy webmasters get the new 'Groundhogs looking for love' site online: http://tracktionsoftware.com/ :hihi:

Did anyone like using the Tracktion midi editor ? been so long I vaguely remember but found it irksome,think it was the scrolling around. Hope they have improved that.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”