Trackion 4 .... like a Phoenix rises from the ashes

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think a lot of people are missing the point. Sure, it's still Tracktion and not much has changed superficially...but it's the future development which is the deal sealer, and the fact that the COMMUNITY are being so heavily involved. You have a feature request? Let them know, and it might make it in. Tracktion v1 was famous for this, and the chance to return to these halcyon days is what people are excited about.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

I can dig it. Maybe it'll be like reaper was a couple of years ago, OR how tracktion was when it first came out.

Just piddling around and kicking the tires, it seems solid enough so far, but that sssssSSHHHTTTT every few seconds is very annoying when trying to demo a piece of audio software. The devs might consider some other demo schemes.

Ah, that ol' chestnut. I have encountered that on many occasions and it's annoying as hell. Podium has the audio gently drop out and that is desirable given the choice. The worst ones are overloud. You get the dropout AND the noise after one minute :x

NI's isn't bad. You get 30 minutes but it's functional except save as a preset in a host/presets. Then again, fabfilter is the bomb with 30 days of uncrippled trial or even izotope with 10 days (which reminds me.........)

I just DLd the new Mac version and it works way better than the old program ever did. He must have been working on this, or as the case may be... HE was working on this rather than whoever was working on it before.

Nice! :)

O.K. Tracktion experts... do you have to manually activate the track and set input every time you change tracks to record? Usually selecting the track makes that the active track for recording? Maybe I forgot something... :?:

DHR53 wrote:O.K. Tracktion experts... do you have to manually activate the track and set input every time you change tracks to record? Usually selecting the track makes that the active track for recording? Maybe I forgot something... :?:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean to say, but once the input is set for a track, it shouldn't change. Just click the 'R' button to arm a track for recording.

Hmmm... If I have 5 tracks and one of them is armed (r lit up) and input is set to midi 1 from my keyboard... Then I select track 2, I have to set the input to midi 1 and enable the input. Most DAWs will auto arm the selected track and use a default midi input. I seem to have to set that each time I select a track.

Unless I'm missing something. I am using the demo of T4 also. :idea:

DHR53 wrote:Hmmm... If I have 5 tracks and one of them is armed (r lit up) and input is set to midi 1 from my keyboard... Then I select track 2, I have to set the input to midi 1 and enable the input. Most DAWs will auto arm the selected track and use a default midi input. I seem to have to set that each time I select a track.

I see what you're saying now. That is....kind of kludgey.

It seems that an input can't be used for multiple tracks simultaneously, either.

Very cool. They'll probably do some nice things with it going forward.

As a side note, now that Tracktion has moved from the "It was the perfect DAW, why did they stop developing it?" category back into the "active" basket with everything else, expect it to be (in the random discussions) a bit less perfect.

we see what you did there! :hihi:

DHR53 wrote:Hmmm... If I have 5 tracks and one of them is armed (r lit up) and input is set to midi 1 from my keyboard... Then I select track 2, I have to set the input to midi 1 and enable the input. Most DAWs will auto arm the selected track and use a default midi input. I seem to have to set that each time I select a track.

You don't have to select the track to record in tracktion... Just drag the input(s) to whatever track(s) you want to record.. it will preserve the arm state and everything else.
ModuLR / Radio

Well, I'd love to upgrade my T3, but I don't know my username. I have my email, and I got my password reset, but WTF is my username? Any way to figure that out? :)

Ah nevermind, sorted. it's my email address. derp.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”