Trackion 4 .... like a Phoenix rises from the ashes

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I *sort of* agree on this point, but I bought the upgrade anyway (although I still can't activate it :? )...mostly to support ongoing efforts. It's not much money, and I have to believe that Jules and company will do their best to make this venture work out. Traction is pretty cool and, if they release a stable x64 version (which they said should be available soon), it could become my go to DAW even though I also have S1 Pro v2.5 and C7A. T4 is very intuitive, and the Rack feature is pretty unique as far as I can tell.

G
pdxindy wrote:
grymmjack wrote:Is it pretty safe to assume that more features/fixes will be coming in minor versions if we purchase?
I would not assume that there will be more features anytime soon... and some of the lingering bugs/issues have been there a long time so fixes may take a while. At this point, I think a purchase is something of a gamble...

It's not a gamble, try the demo and have fun. Obviously Jules will add features in the future.

A new built fixing bugs isalready out. 4.0.2.0
Se non é vero, é ben trovato
PC/XP 2CoreIntel T3 OnixSatellite

You know, you'd think that people would understand by now that writing software this complex for so many different possible systems is extremely difficult.

You'd think that people would wait longer than a week into a new development cycle before pronouncing judgement.

Joel Spolsky explained 12 years ago that 'good software takes ten years' to develop. The people currently working on the Tracktion code have only been into it for a short time, and are trying to iron out the bugs before adding anything really new, because that is the sound way to develop software.

I'm not really a fan boy; I probably won't be upgrading to T4 for a while. But the colossal impatience that people tend to show in these situations is really far removed from reality. Software is hard. Multimedia software that hosts multimedia plugins and which has to be ported to a large and growing number of different systems is REALLY HARD and TAKES TIME to do right.

Come back in a year. If you are still disappointed then it might mean something.

Traction? Really?

meh .......

. . . like a DAW that they just wouldn't let die . . . bet it ends up as a $2 app on Iphone.

I have 4 other DAWs currently, that aren't perfect either. :roll:

AC222 wrote:
DHR53 wrote:My initial tests of T4 on the Mac were going well, but I just noticed that my drum plugin "Nerve" is dropping the first beat on synced playback. Bummer, as that was a common problem before with some stuff. Hmmm, can't figure out why that would be an issue as it plays fine in Logic and MuLab? I hope Julian will take some note of some of these questions, as I'd like to see if I can set this up with my stuff again. And give it a whirl...

8)
Man that's not fun. I've been reading about this being an issue in T4. I saw a thread about T4 betatesters reporting similar findings.
noticing dropped first sounds on AUDIO files here when looping.. first beat is often just not there.

Also, when using plugins with large delay and compensation needed, tracktion randomly drops out sounds all over the place.

The Telenator wrote:. . . like a DAW that they just wouldn't let die . . . bet it ends up as a $2 app on Iphone.
Meh...I doubt it.
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

"Dropped first sounds"...

Yea, that was the killer for me... and it was never resolved. I finally gave up and quit arguing with the "Tracktion faithful." Like I said, I pull for the little guys and I would love to see these issues resolved and I'm going to pay for it anyway to support small business. If no one small ever tries... you get Walmart.

:roll:

Well, taking that analogy, Walmart's working out pretty well for me? It's massive, reliable and I know it has the things I want when I need them.

On the other hand I could settle for the little cornershop only to find they don't have any eggs and the bread looks suspicious. :|

Mass merchandising is about controlling inventory not about providing variety and quality. And I might add economies of scale... I shop for some things at Walmart, but if I want specific, quality products I go to the specialty shops every time. And I hate going in that place anyway. Just me though... :)

it would be entirely more useful to "the little guy," if you reported the steps to reproduce the bug(s) to the tracktion forum here on KVR. Whatever audio drops you are encountering are not the infamous first note drop which had always been a midi issue. That bug is thankfully resolved in T4. Now... granted, you don't have to do anything, but what's the point in rooting for corner store if you don't help it succeed?
ModuLR / Radio

From my earlier post in this thread...

...but I just noticed that my drum plugin "Nerve" is dropping the first beat on synced playback" to which I'll add Load plugin, hit spacebar.

I'm not sure if you interpreted my statements as being negative or counter-productive, but I'll gladly post all issues I'm having here. :idea:

DHR53 wrote:From my earlier post in this thread...

...but I just noticed that my drum plugin "Nerve" is dropping the first beat on synced playback" to which I'll add Load plugin, hit spacebar.

I'm not sure if you interpreted my statements as being negative or counter-productive, but I'll gladly post all issues I'm having here. :idea:
which is illustrates why you should post your issue here on the tracktion forum. Not more than 8 hours ago, i reported that Fab Filter VSTs (not AU) where crashing on delete. Woke up this morning and there is a new version to address the issue. I'm simply stressing if you want to help, then report the bugs where jules will actually see them. If not, then carry on... but why consider paying to support T, but not at least attempt to get your issue resolved?
ModuLR / Radio

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”