Pro Tools 10 is amazing

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Every DAW is amazing, people not too long ago could never dream of what we have available now.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

cryophonik wrote:Gotta love KVR, where asking "which DAW is the best" is considered the stupidest question ever, but mention that you like Pro Tools and all hell breaks loose. :nutter:
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

dgkenney wrote:Makes cool beatz

Dan
:hihi:

cryophonik wrote:Gotta love KVR, where asking "which DAW is the best" is considered the stupidest question ever, but mention that you like Pro Tools and all hell breaks loose. :nutter:
:hihi: That's mostly because people have this habit of comparing PT (the native version down to the best buy toddler version) with PTHD.

HDX and the like is an expensive product that frankly, I think many people doing pop music for themselves probably actually never needed, but... having said that... there are installations in use (some of which Dan touched on) that, contrary to popular opinion, you can't just drop in Reaper and not miss a step.

The problem is that the context is too limited in the discussions. Of course, spending $7k to make vanity beats for YouTube is maybe not a wise financial decision. :) Spending $7k for a tool if you're making $5-6k a month using it is something entirely different.

The suggestion that a guy who travels all over the states, if not the world, tracking and mixing with PTHD, and making a great living doing that, was somehow "suckered" into buying it, is really kinda silly. And lots of guys are doing that.

If only "guys like that" bought Pro Tools, Avid would go broke in a couple of months. They have gone all the way down the market (not as far down as Reaper but to the level of the other relatively affordable DAWs) to capture a lot more $$$ and if you compare their offerings at this end of the market with the competition you get the content of this thread.

^ this guy here gets a free GOLD STAR. :love:

egbert wrote:If only "guys like that" bought Pro Tools, Avid would go broke in a couple of months.
Where did I suggest or imply that "only guys like that buy Pro Tools"? :lol:

What I did suggest is that people who imply that "guys like that" (people who make their living using PTHD) were "conned" by Avid and/or being "sheep" to marketeers are being somewhat silly.

The only thing that really matters in business is profit. Going into business debt to make a profit is not just "not unusual", it's actually typical, unless a person is a trust fund baby. So (respectfully) people who use the high price of HD as some kind of measurement of personal intelligence (or lack of) are being silly. :) What they need to look at is the result of that investment... on an individual basis.

And "those guys" have pretty good financial results from what I can tell... and obviously, that's not the only avenue to make money, using HD.

Like I said eariler, OTOH, it never made much sense to me personally to buy something like PTHD just to produce your own songs. Seems like a pretty high and unnecessary expense for that simple thing... to me... mmv... but (obviously) people should spend their money as they see fit.

I mean, sometimes buying expensive stuff we actually don't really need is just part of enjoying life. Nothing wrong with that if you can afford it. :)

I love every mix on PT done and is the daw wich i really like from most daws for it's sound (my ears just) , but the slow engine is just pain in the a... is 2013 no offline bounce ...!So sticking with logic witch sounds so sterile but bounce in place , freeze saves a lot of time and money .

I usually ask...if you think you are so smart, why ain't ya rich? :wink: :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I use Reaper, Cubase, Logic Studio 9 on my Mac, etc., but have now switched to Pro Tools 10.3.3 on both my Mac (Mountain Lion) and my Win 7-64 partition (Bootcamp), I find it stable - well equipped with plug-ins and just a joy to use. I always thought it was overrated hype but now that I own it I sing it's praises!
Now the proud owner of an avid 11 Rack, Running Pro Tools 10.3.3 - for me it's heaven!

I'm glad for you strange, it's nice to see people having fun!

Entertaining and interesting read.

Here is my path, fwiw.

Started Atari ST - pro 24 >
PC Cubase 1.0 >
Cubase Audio (8 tracks of audio, amazing) >
Cubase SX upto sx3 > (absolute latency pig, each update got worse) SOLD.

Bought Mac Pro in 2007, yeh baby, Logic 7, 8, 9
Pal showed me Live 8, got hooked and made my last album in Live8/9 (Still love Live but it's a pig to mix in)
Bought m-audio mobile pre with PTMP9, exported stems from live and mixed album in Pro Tools MP9

PTMP never crashed once and I used it every day for the best part of 3 weeks.

Recently discovered 2 very talented brothers, Jem and a Simon Godfrey. Simons solo album Shineback Rise Up Forgoten, Return Destroyed was all made using PT8 and an antique version of Acid, Jem recorded the Frost albums in PT7/8.

So my point? It doesn't matter what you use as long as you get great results.

For me it's PT10 now, if my main devs port to AAX2 then I will use PT11.

I find PT stable, great FX, plenty of AAX and Rtas plugins, I'm with the OP :-)

certainly has come a long way from the original production toolkit.

Xenobt wrote:Everytime I read a thread here I get deja vu.

:roll:

----
KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt
Same people arguing about another Daw?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”