do you think cubase is falling behind?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SJ_Digriz wrote:
AstralExistence wrote: the early version are almost beta.
No more or less than any other application. Complete straw man bullshit.
since when did this thread turn offensive??? i let it go when you simply stated NO its very obvious you meant it in a negative way. this time, ill address it, stop being aggressive man. theirs no need for that.

I smell yet another lock. Of course by me mentioning that, maybe not :hihi:

I agree, but i feel like there is no need to say that "Cubase falls behind" or "Early versions of Cubase are almost beta" too, considering the problems you are facing seem to be pretty much problems you are facing on your machine. Nonetheless no need to get offensive for sure.

hibidy wrote:I smell yet another lock. Of course by me mentioning that, maybe not :hihi:
might be for the best, but nobody else was being rude.

AstralExistence wrote:
hibidy wrote:I smell yet another lock. Of course by me mentioning that, maybe not :hihi:
might be for the best, but nobody else was being rude.
You're right.

chk071 wrote:I agree, but i feel like there is no need to say that "Cubase falls behind" or "Early versions of Cubase are almost beta" too, considering the problems you are facing seem to be pretty much problems you are facing on your machine. Nonetheless no need to get offensive for sure.
that's true, it was pretty much a personal problem. but you can see how one might get frustrated by such issues and create a thread like this. seeing how im not having any more issues, i would have no problem with locking this thread.

I wasn't being rude, I was saying that first ... Cubase is not falling behind and 2nd Cubase is no more or less released as Beta. It's all throw away forum group think (using the word think very loosely). If you're feeling a little butthurt because I called bullshit on a bullshit topic, well I'm sorry ... uh ... maybe not.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Now now....

Some perceive something like what is going on as 'falling behind' while others do not see it like that...

No need for the angst here.... :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

n/m
Last edited by hibidy on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

This could very well be about your soundcards driver. I've not had such issues and my cpu is slower. I'm running at 128 sample latency. Cubase7 and Reaper behave both the same. No dropouts. Enabling Cubase power scheme further boosts performance.
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

I suggested early in the thread, 'astral', that overarching statements will annoy people. It isn't going to become an issue for me, but you're making statements that kinda look like they're supposed to be factual and they are really statements about issues you have rather than universal issues.

jancivil wrote:I suggested early in the thread, 'astral', that overarching statements will annoy people. It isn't going to become an issue for me, but you're making statements that kinda look like they're supposed to be factual and they are really statements about issues you have rather than universal issues.
i understand.

SJ_Digriz wrote:I wasn't being rude, I was saying that first ... Cubase is not falling behind and 2nd Cubase is no more or less released as Beta. It's all throw away forum group think (using the word think very loosely). If you're feeling a little butthurt because I called bullshit on a bullshit topic, well I'm sorry ... uh ... maybe not.
seems it was. no worries.

AstralExistence wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:I wasn't being rude, I was saying that first ... Cubase is not falling behind and 2nd Cubase is no more or less released as Beta. It's all throw away forum group think (using the word think very loosely). If you're feeling a little butthurt because I called bullshit on a bullshit topic, well I'm sorry ... uh ... maybe not.
seems it was. no worries.
Let me try this a different way. People tend to repeat generic memes as if they factually apply to some problem they are having. This is extremely true with DAW discussions.

EXAMPLE: "is cubase falling behind?" followed by "they release beta products .."

Things like that have no tangible information or way to discuss them. Behind in what way? Release as Beta? By what criteria? Compared to who? Compared to what? On what system? Under what scenario?

These are general purpose applications being run on general purpose computers. The scope of discussion is tremendous. Trying to encapsulate a thread as "is it behind" will be a pointless exercise in "someone on the internet is wrong". Then throw in answers that are equally generic and baseless and well ... you have the down side of the internet.

My typical responses to these types of threads is indeed snarky. I typically only respond to ones that touch on the things I have experience with (Cubase in this case). But, rude? I guess short answers can be considered rude. So, no rudeness intended, just clarity.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I can totally relate to someone calling a first release a paid beta. I'm older than dirt, I've seen it over and over.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”