Harrison Mixbus Video Tutorial Series - "Mix Tips"

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mixbus 10

bharris22 wrote:Thanks!! Could you please remind me of the coupon code for KVR?
The coupon code for the KVR deal is KVR-PROMO.

Tim Hall
Harrison Consoles

Hi Tim. I previously purchased your DAW Product, a Tutorial Video and the newer Harrison Plugins. Do you plan to use any on-line resellers like AudioDeluxe in the future (so I can avoid heavy European Taxes)? :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Hi Tim. I previously purchased your DAW Product, a Tutorial Video and the newer Harrison Plugins. Do you plan to use any on-line resellers like AudioDeluxe in the future (so I can avoid heavy European Taxes)? :)
Our current plan is to continue to sell direct. Our store is actually equipped to handle your concern. You can provide your VAT ID at checkout to be exempted from the VAT tax.

Tim Hall
Harrison Consoles

tim@harrison wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Hi Tim. I previously purchased your DAW Product, a Tutorial Video and the newer Harrison Plugins. Do you plan to use any on-line resellers like AudioDeluxe in the future (so I can avoid heavy European Taxes)? :)
Our current plan is to continue to sell direct. Our store is actually equipped to handle your concern. You can provide your VAT ID at checkout to be exempted from the VAT tax.

Tim Hall
Harrison Consoles
Thanks for your reply. I don't have any experience with using VAT ID. Not sure I even have one to be honest. I don't have any of these concerns when I purchase from other on-line outlets.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Hey Tim,

Are you guys kinda developing in parallel with Ardour? What kind of gap might one expect between Ardour's major updates and those updates coming to the MixBus version?

Thanks.

LawrenceF wrote:Hey Tim,

Are you guys kinda developing in parallel with Ardour? What kind of gap might one expect between Ardour's major updates and those updates coming to the MixBus version?

Thanks.

Yes, we work closely every day with the developers of Ardour. We are currently working on version 2.3. Ardour has just introduced version 3 for Linux, but Mixbus is a commercial app running on Windows, OSX, and Linux. For this reason, there may be some lag between updates to Ardour vs. Mixbus. We have no ETA for Mixbus v3 at this time...

-Tim

I bit on the $60 deal and threw a bunch of track stems in it to start maybe learning the UI (and Ardour) a little bit. Nothing serious, just wanted to see how it sounded in general and how it handles a large load in Win 7.

I like the Harrison DSP a lot, like... really a whole lot, like, really, a lot. Ardour 2, not so much. But Ardour is pretty invisible at the mix stage so, cool.
Last edited by LawrenceF on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This past weekend, we released a video that runs through a mix in Mixbus, demonstrating techniques from each of the previous episodes of Mix Tips.

Leave YouTube annotations turned on if you would like to see information on each process, or turn them off if you want to just sit back and watch the mix come together!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbHwcsU7r2o

I like the look of this but dont normally buy without demo's. If I did buy mixbuss and couldnt get on with it could I sell my licence?

jackrabbit wrote:I like the look of this but dont normally buy without demo's. If I did buy mixbuss and couldnt get on with it could I sell my licence?
No, the license for Mixbus is non-transferable. Your name is embedded into it.

We do have a pretty excellent support team to help you get started and overcome any issues you may have. Thanks!

-Tim

Thanks for reply Tim.

I dont have the spare cash at the mo but will keep an eye on Mixbuss's progress and hope there will be another "no braider deal" at somepoint.

jackrabbit wrote:Thanks for reply Tim.

I dont have the spare cash at the mo but will keep an eye on Mixbuss's progress and hope there will be another "no braider deal" at somepoint.
Not a problem!

In this episode of Pro Tips, we demonstrate all of the export options available in Mixbus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wddiGR-Y1bk

-Tim

Episode 3 of Pro Tips dives into the automation features of Mixbus. I also show you some common gain techniques you can use before reaching for fader automation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJbjPbpoWlk

-Tim

Tim,

These videos are really excellent, straightforward and relevant.
Mixbus has given me reason to completely re-evaluate my ITB mixing and mastering procedures and improve them for the better.

Kudos to the Harrison team for the product and the videos.

Rgds,
Cardinal Rat-Zinger
Second Star On The Right, And Straight On 'till Morning

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”