The PyDAW thread!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm uploading the binaries now... Here's the new wave editor:

WOW already, so back to translating new stuff, nice :D . It is the file in the link above (git) that we should download to translate the new strings?

BUT...

There is a smal problem in the localization, stormpack was right, the words with stuff like " ^ ~ " get all strange (like it showed in the Poedit program).

I am posting a screen-shoot of it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-r7iT ... sp=sharing

Besides that, at a glance, it seems nice!

Anyway stormpack still reviewing the translation I will tell you more later.

Don't worry, all that and much more should be fixed in the next release.

Give me just a few days. :)

stormpack wrote:Don't worry, all that and much more should be fixed in the next release.

Give me just a few days. :)

Cool. Given what jeffh said I thought that even if in the program it showed like that it would be ok on PyDAW. Well I guess you really will have a lot to work on :) (sorry)

Sorry, it looked OK to my English-thinking mind :D

I think that should just be a setting either in PyQt or in the .po file, right? I'm not sure what that setting would be, but I'll Google it...

Update: I think I figured out some hackery to do it (wrapping the ubiquitous _(str) function call into a QString.fromUtf8() call...), but it might take me a while to do it, as that will probably require a lot of careful debugging to ensure I didn't break anything that relied on normal string behaviour...

EDIT: but there could be a setting to do this more easily, if you happen to figure out what it is, please share..

Hi.

Stormpack reviwed the tranlation, and did a great job, plus I think it sorted it out the problem, I dont know how he did it, but I asked him to post here.

https://drive.google.com/?tab=mo&authus ... 2NVRGs3T2c

So, for translationg new strings, we just download the latest from git and reupload here?

Awesome! None of the solutions I tried worked, I am interested in knowing how he fixed it...

Re: the file. That link isn't public, I can't download it.

Re: maintaining translations. Yes, just download the corresponding .po file from my Github page and update/upload here. I have a script that updates them from the source code that I run when necessary...

Got it, thanks :)

BTW, I just updated the pt_PT .po here with some new strings:

https://raw.github.com/j3ffhubb/audioco ... /pydaw4.po

^^^right-click, save-as...

It's mostly just the strings from the device dialog (where you pick your soundcard, MIDI device, etc...). I had forgotten to mark those strings as translatable the first time.

Great work guys :)

I wrote a script to leverage Google Translate to auto-generate .po translation files for PyDAW. I've already added German and French translations(will be in the next release), and soon I will add Spanish, Dutch, Italian and others... If anybody would like their language added to the list, just post it in this thread. The translations will probably have mistakes in them, so please report them so they can be fixed.

PyDAW 14.02.2 is up, with some nice improvements to the built-in wave editor, and Euphoria now allows every sample (or groups of samples) to be EQ'd individually using PyDAW's graphical EQ:

There should be a lot more exciting features landing in PyDAW this month...

I'm also considering dropping the Ubuntu-based PyDAW-OS for the Fedora-based one, and possibly using KDE for it instead of LXDE. (however, I will still be providing Ubuntu .deb packages). If any PyDAW-OS users have a preference for which desktop environment PyDAW-OS uses going forward, feel free to share your thoughts.

PyDAW 14.02.6 is available for download here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libmodsynth/

The main features being:

* There is only one version of PyDAW-OS now, based on Fedora, KDE, and bleeding edge packages (like the 3.13 kernel). However, I will continue to provide packages for Ubuntu and support it as a first-tier platform.
* Many fixes and improvements to the voicing architecture, including new polyphony modes for Ray-V and Way-V (retrigger, free-run, classic mono and a smooth faux mono)
* Many fixes and improvements to the piano roll, region, CC and pitchbend editors, including revamped menus, context menus and hotkeys.
* Fixed PyDAW starting anyway even if the user cancelled the initial "pick your audio device" dialog...
* Numerous other small fixes and improvements

Now that PyDAWv4 is at a very stable and very mature state, I'm going to (for real this time, LOL), spend a month or 2 or 3 actually making music with it, and only doing releases if I encounter any bugs. At the end of that time period, I'll likely start on PyDAWv5 (exciting stuff planned), which will probably take another month or 2...

It's about time for a status update:

What's New:

* Way-V has much better FM synthesis capabilities, including modulation macros and 4 operators/oscillators now (this was mostly spawned by my adventures in making Skrillex-style leads and basses...)
* Improved knobs (click and drag up/down, mouse cursor is hidden while moving the knobs)
* note items and audio items can now have velocity/volume adjusted by CTRL+ALT clicking and dragging up/down, or a velocity/volume curve by CTRL+SHIFT clicking and dragging..
* As an alternative to split-view piano roll editors, you can now super-impose the last opened MIDI items with CTRL+F, and switch between them with ALT+F.
* All synths now have a pitch->fine knob on the LFOs for finer vibrato
* Tighter integration of the audio sequencer and built-in wave editor
* Notes can now be deleted by SHIFT+Click and dragging the mouse over them
* Many piano roll fixes and improvements
* Many new menu actions, context menu actions, keyboard shortcuts and mouse shortcuts (see the menus or tooltip-documentation for all of them)
* Bug fixes, CPU and memory improvements, and some pretty massive code clean-up

What's Gone:
* Dropped the Virtualbox image for Windows/Mac, mostly because all of the Linux desktops are starting to become very slow and buggy when run in a VM (I might work on a real native Windows port later, but it's not a high priority ATM)
* No more live OS image for now, but the scripts to roll either a Ubuntu or Fedora based live image is in my Git repository if anybody really wants it.
* Release are source-code only now (but there are scripts in Git to roll RPM or Deb packages)

Enjoy...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”