List of plugins not working on Harrison Mixbus

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Added:
Waves REDD - OS X 10.8.4 (Missing the knobs in the GUI)
Soundtoys Little Radiator - OS X 10.8.4 (Crashed Mixbus)
Soundtoys Little Microshift - OS X 10.8.4 (Crashed Mixbus)
Slate Digital VTM - OS X 10.8.4 (Freezes Mixbus)

Reported by user iMacCartney on another forum.

Kilohearts Disperser has 2 in, out but still doesn't work :(

So many of my plugins not working :-o All compressors with sidechain. Even my voxengo glisseq won't work

Edit, just figured the disperser out ... my track is mono, thus 1 in 1 out :x
:hug:

And the list goes on...I bought it with the KVR promo and to me (for the moment) it doesn't deserve more than 40bucks, a daw that is incompatible with such an outrageous number of plugs is a nonsense. :?

Warned you folks in the market place...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Warned you folks in the market place...
Ahah I was surprised you didn't enter the party sooner ! ;)
I saw your posts, I bought it a while ago (around february). I still have
the hope that this can become a great DAW, but they definitely need to improve the compatibility of the soft...
Come on let's increase the size of this list people ! :D

Endor-8o8 wrote:
Page 1?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:
Page 1?
Wow yes I missed it, maybe your post was a bit too soft... ;)

I hope this sale was used to fund improvements ... :)
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote: Edit, just figured the disperser out ... my track is mono, thus 1 in 1 out :x
You can put a mono track on a Mixbus stereo track to use 2 in 2 out plugins.

any improvements with this?
There ya have it...

I've found that loading in a few instances of Valhalla Room, The Glue, EQuality or Bootsy's SlickEQ is usually enough to make a 5-6 track project crash Mixbus on my i7 CPU, 16 GB ram PC.

In fact I have found that adding Mixbus' *own* plugs can trigger crashes too.

Harrison support told me to try a different system (as though I've got spare PCs lying around for that purpose).

Crying shame really.

Despite initial skepticism, I found that their console emulation really can make good things sound great -- sometimes amazingly great; but for me the thing's too rickety to support a full mixing job, or even 5-6 stems.

Was not happy to learn a new DAW only to find it is so unreliable, at least for me.

So I when I use it at all, it's just on a rendered stereo buss mixdown which I import to Mixbus, as a mastering "sound-gooder-izer".

I wish Harrison would either a) make Mixbus more stable, or b) drop the DAW pretensions altogether, and sell their secret sauce in the form of plugins which emulate Mixbus' channel strip saturation, EQ and compression. I would definitely buy those.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

I just did my first mix with Harrison Mixbus and I really like it a lot. Most of my plugins scan in fine and T-racks plugins will work, but only inside the T-racks shell. For me the benefit of mixbus was being able to get a nice analog sounding mix without needing a lot of plugins. The Harrison Eqs, comps and tape sims are all super simple and sound great. I did use the new TDR Kotelnikov mastering comp, LimiterNo.6 and ARC 2 on the master bus...Having said that, Improvements are always welcome and I don't see this ever replacing Sonar as my main tracking and editing daw, but it's nice to have another tool in my box of toys.

I've recently cancelled my subscription to Mixbus as it was just proving far too unreliable plus it's super clunky (at least on my system - Q6600 with 4 gb ram) - what I mean by that is with more than 4 or 5 tracks loaded in, things like zooming in to the arrange window can take the UI anything up to a few seconds to respond and catch up. About 20% of my plugins either don't work or have buggy behaviour too (usually things like the controls resetting on project reloading). It's a real shame as the sound is wonderful on the right projects. I will definitely be reassessing it when V3 comes out as it promises multicore support which should make a massive improvement.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Back using Mixbus again.. Did some proper testing today of all my plugins - the following have problems:

Eventide Ultrachannel - not a problem as such - With Ultrachannel used in a project Mixbus will always prompt you to save on quit even if you have already saved your project. The effect is it doesn't give you confidence that your settings have been saved (even though they have evidently).

Grancomp3 - Mixbus crashes sometimes during use and sometimes on quit.

Acon Digital CMverb + Mulitply - Parameter changes are not retained on project reload - returns to default setting.

Frederick Alonso Infinity - acts very funky - Parameter changes only take effect when you save and a project and reload it.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Mixbus looks more and more like an unfinished soft or abandonware... :(

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”