64bit FL Studio

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Groove Machine

BERFAB wrote:Am I missing something very obvious (wouldn't be the first time)?

Cheers
-B
Hi BERFAB, the Downloads page shows what is available in 64 Bit or not...

http://www.image-line.com/downloads/downloads.html

Those plugins in 'Beta' can be considered as release candidates at this point. The only reason BTW FL Studio 64 Bit is not released is that there are still some plugins (like Pitcher) that are not yet 64 Bit. FL Studio itself as a host is ready to rock and roll.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote:

Cheers
-B
Hi BERFAB, the Downloads page shows what is available in 64 Bit or not...

http://www.image-line.com/downloads/downloads.html

Those plugins in 'Beta' can be considered as release candidates at this point. The only reason BTW FL Studio 64 Bit is not released is that there are still some plugins (like Pitcher) that are not yet 64 Bit. FL Studio itself as a host is ready to rock and roll.

Regards Scott
Thanks. I couldn't find that list on my own, so good to know it's there.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Image-Line wrote: Hi BERFAB, the Downloads page shows what is available in 64 Bit or not...
Regards Scott
Probably worth updating it once in a while, Directwave is available as x64 and listed as x32 only hahahahaha
Duh

Image-Line wrote:
FL Studio itself as a host is ready to rock and roll.
hell yeah!

dustinbeyette wrote:
Image-Line wrote:
FL Studio itself as a host is ready to rock and roll.
hell yeah!
So, would you recommend going with the 64-bit beta for a brand new FL Studio install?

sure, it's absolute stable.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I know it's not necessary, but..will FL12 include "64 bit double precision" mixer processing (Studio One style), along with the 64 bit version of the program?

NEXT WEEK!

FL Studio 64 Bit Official

More info here: https://support.image-line.com/knowledg ... 34&ans=415

Edit: Does the x64 version support x32 plugs? I'm lost with that.

It says it has a bridge.
32 Bit bridged and 64 Bit native VST plugin support.

chk071 wrote:It says it has a bridge.
32 Bit bridged and 64 Bit native VST plugin support.
Ah. So one will be bridged. Interesting. Thanks.

Are all x64 hosts (technically) bridging x32 plugins, or is that something new?
ImageImageImageImage

Nope, they're all having a bridge to run 32-bit plugins. Some have better ones, some have worse ones. When i tried, the Reaper bridge was able to run almost everything i fed to it. Can't tell about others, as i haven't tried it in other hosts, and atm, i'm running only 32-bit hosts, but i always read there are differences between them.

Cool, thanks.
ImageImageImageImage

Reapers bridge was great, sonar (8.5/x1) was fine (though a little fiddly at times) but now I've been native x64 for years. It works the other way around too with FL. You can run a 32 bit host and have x64 stuff bridged. It worked alright from what I tried but I don't install 32 plugs if I can help it and running everything x64 bridged was, a hassle.

Anyways, I'll be happy to give it yet another whirl, though I might just wait for 12.

Are 64 Bit applications faster than 32 Bit applications? - There is no meaningful difference, despite the marketing hype when 64 Bit computing was first introduced.
In theory this is true.
In reality 64bit programs run much faster and steadier than 32bit ones on my system. The reason for this could be the Intel's way of business, cripple software for other processors.. I'm running AMD. Whatever the cause, i see a huge difference.

The only way of knowing if there is any difference, is testing it out.
(And don't do the n00b mistake of staring at the cpu meter.. test the breaking point of performance)
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”