The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

virtualmark wrote:Personally I'm already looking forward to 2.0, as I really would like group tracks, VST multi outs, sidechaining, custom key commands etc etc. There's a lot missing from 1.0 that I can do in Cubase or Ableton, so I hope they don't take too long to add these things.

I'd also like something similar to the control room feature in Cubase, as this allows me to monitor on a different output. Anyone know if they'll be implementing this?
there is no guarantee those things will be in 2.0 either

would actualy be surprised if it takes them longer.

Im actually suprised why its not even there yet.... :o

i`m not, since its a version 1 release

Of course you,re right there.. But these are things you really need. (well i do) But anyway i think its gonna be a great product and cant wait t o put my hands on it. And of course you need to give the dev,s some time.

On the other hand it doesnt matter so much if the drumrack/maschine in BW, the pads got their own fx or something like ableton handles it. Cause im a very samplebased "musician".

group tracks came into live with v 9 for example ;)

codec17 wrote:Of course you,re right there.. But these are things you really need. (well i do)
The last is the key there... I don't need group tracks. They are convenient, and if there I would use them, but I'm fine without them too.

I am fine without custom key commands and VST multiple outs as well.

Suloo wrote:group tracks came into live with v 9 for example ;)
We had group tracks with version 8, I don't remember how far back groups go.

hm, in my version 8 are no group tracks..just the usual audio/midi/send-return

ah sorry, just realised they are in lol..see how deep i use that software..
Last edited by llze on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Since at the 5 or so places I visit EVERYONE is talking about bitwig, it is VERY HARD to get what is/won't/will be there. I can go to place "a" and I'll be told that there will be group tracks and grooves. can come here and be told "nope" so I don't even know anymore.

What I do know is I do my own drum work and wouldn't want to be limited to one stereo output. Groups/folders is another thing I use quite a bit to organize. Maybe people can live w/o these, I cannot.

So here's to version 4, where everyone can have everything! :party:

Suloo wrote:hm, in my version 8 are no group tracks..just the usual audio/midi/send-return
If you have lite or intro 8, there are no groups. It was in the full version though. I have no clue about the 9 versions, 9 was "free" after buying 8 in Nov 2012.

hibidy wrote:Since at the 5 or so places I visit EVERYONE is talking about bitwig, it is VERY HARD to get what is/won't/will be there. I can go to place "a" and I'll be told that there will be group tracks and grooves. can come here and be told "nope" so I don't even know anymore.

What I do know is I do my own drum work and wouldn't want to be limited to one stereo output. Groups/folders is another thing I use quite a bit to organize. Maybe people can live w/o these, I cannot.

So here's to version 4, where everyone can have everything! :party:
yea, recently got that break tweaker thing, would be cool to have multi outs actualy..but since i do not plan to replace cubase streight away, they got some time to sort that. And they stated its high priority..

My credit card is readier than ever :D

Doesn't support credit cards in version 1.x

I just set you guys up for a good one.....I'll leave that honor for someone else :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”