The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

virtualmark wrote:
Suloo wrote:well, then we probaply don`t enjoy each other, no problem with that.
You still haven't told us about the inoffensive and sensible comedies that you enjoy?

why should i? I do have a lot of fun in my live without insulting people..

Suloo wrote:
virtualmark wrote:
Suloo wrote:well, then we probaply don`t enjoy each other, no problem with that.
You still haven't told us about the inoffensive and sensible comedies that you enjoy?

why should i? I do have a lot of fun in my live without insulting people..
Because you're the one claiming that a certain type of comedy is offensive and stupid. Whereas I'd say that comedy is invariably always offensive to one person or another.

Would you consider Charlie Chaplin to be "offensive and stupid"? After all, he made the Great Dictator.

So please, name one of your sensible and inoffensive comedies?

virtualmark wrote:
Because you're the one claiming that a certain type of comedy is offensive and stupid. Whereas I'd say that comedy is invariably always offensive to one person or another.
it always depends how far one goes.
virtualmark wrote: Would you consider Charlie Chaplin to be "offensive and stupid"? After all, he made the Great Dictator.
yes absolutely
virtualmark wrote: So please, name one of your sensible and inoffensive comedies?
there are probaply none, because its commercial and sells good. However, you start to put words in my mouth, and thats no base for conversation. I said disrespectful along with victims of second world war, wich together is not comedy for me. There is good comedy wich is offensive, but its again the difference how far one goes.

tragedy + time = comedy
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

question for betatesters: is the plugin delay compensation well implemented in bitwig like in cubase or reaper or it is crappy like ableton?

Forgive me if these questions have already been answered but does anybody know if Bitwig Studio can import Rex files? Also can it import and export mp3 files? Thanks.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

spinlud wrote:question for betatesters: is the plugin delay compensation well implemented in bitwig like in cubase or reaper or it is crappy like ableton?
There has not been any definitive info on the subject... lots of people have asked but it has not been answered except for a general statement of "it's working fine". That makes me wonder if Bitwig may have some PDC limitation like Live does.

pdxindy wrote:
spinlud wrote:question for betatesters: is the plugin delay compensation well implemented in bitwig like in cubase or reaper or it is crappy like ableton?
There has not been any definitive info on the subject... lots of people have asked but it has not been answered except for a general statement of "it's working fine". That makes me wonder if Bitwig may have some PDC limitation like Live does.
I really hope it has good pdc, working both on automation (Live failed) and layered instruments (bitwig allows to layer instruments in a track like ableton right?)

spinlud wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
I really hope it has good pdc, working both on automation (Live failed) and layered instruments (bitwig allows to layer instruments in a track like ableton right?)
I emailed them months back and they confirmed that Bitwig has full PDC, including automation. So lets keep our fingers crossed that it works as well as they say!

virtualmark wrote:
spinlud wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
I emailed them months back and they confirmed that Bitwig has full PDC, including automation. So lets keep our fingers crossed that it works as well as they say!
That is good to hear... And of course, after all the ruckus with Live, it makes good sense to make sure it is solid and working for automation cause there will be Live users switching just for that.

spinlud wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Yes it has layered instruments. It has Container Devices you can layer up Instruments or FX in.
Studio One, OS X 10.0, M-Audio Oxygen 25 keyboard.
Old websites:
http://www.bitwigtutorials.net Free Bitwig Studio tutorials
http://www.macableton.com Free Ableton Live and Mac tutorials.

pdxindy wrote:
If you can tell me a good way to test it I'll gladly do so.
Old websites:

summer2000 wrote:Forgive me if these questions have already been answered but does anybody know if Bitwig Studio can import Rex files? Also can it import and export mp3 files? Thanks.
I don't think it does rex files or exports mp3. Not top priority stuff for most people tbh. It can inport mp3 ok.
Old websites:

Thanks Kenny for answering my questions.

MP3 export I can live without but it's a shame it doesn't support Rex files. That's a deal breaker for me. I've got a ton of them (long time Reason user here) that I regularly use in my productions and I'm sure as heck not going to spend what could be a lifetime trying to convert them all back to WAV format.

I guess I'll most likely be sitting on the sidelines and maybe jump on the Bitwig bandwagon when they finally add it.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”