The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Any modern DAW that can't keep music in time is a joke. Timing is crucial to music! I just cannot believe that these programs let automation slip out of time, it is a stupid tired old joke.

homunculus wrote:The sad thing about all of this is, even though Bitwig is missing on some stuff its still better than Ableton Live, Live has become a joke, PDC GG WP. One thing I'm going to miss in Live is the EQ8, best freaking plugin EQ in the market right now.
What is such a joke about Ableton Live? The PDC is a big shame but Bitwig suffers the same problem so I guess it's a joke as well. They both have their problems unfortunately. But Ableton still has lots of things Bitwig doesn't.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
homunculus wrote:The sad thing about all of this is, even though Bitwig is missing on some stuff its still better than Ableton Live, Live has become a joke, PDC GG WP. One thing I'm going to miss in Live is the EQ8, best freaking plugin EQ in the market right now.
What is such a joke about Ableton Live? The PDC is a big shame but Bitwig suffers the same problem so I guess it's a joke as well. They both have their problems unfortunately. But Ableton still has lots of things Bitwig doesn't.
The joke is the time Ableton needs to get PDC running reasonable.

Tronam wrote: * Each track can be individually set to Pre or Post fader for effect sends (unlike Live)
Live lets you do this as well.

juffi wrote:
The joke is the time Ableton needs to get PDC running reasonable.
True but Bitwig had all those years designing the DAW from scratch and still didn't get it right. Is that not worse?

Tronam wrote: * Each track can be individually set to Pre or Post fader for effect sends (unlike Live)
shhhh. fanboy alert. As I said previously, there are plenty of fanboys who haven't even used Live but complaining about Live :hihi:

Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

@trimph1 :tu:

For people complaining about PDC fail, official response from Bitwig in this thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5692508
dom@bitwig wrote:Just a quick note, so nobody has to panic: the pdc is designed to compensate the audio, the automation, the timing information for plugins. Most of it works great, but there's currently a bug with the last one, for example and there might be other scenarios that don't behave correctly, as pdc and time/routing stuff can be a real pita :) Anyway, the problems are not by design but bugs and we will check out all scenarios that don't work as they should and fix it.
Normally everything that can be reproduced reliable is fixable, esp. as the code base is still fresh...

Cheers,
Dom
... space is the place ...

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:I dunno, going to live instead seems like overkill considering how much stuff I love about bitwig. But it is seriously annoying that it works like this. Why do a two step process to enter notes when you could have a one step one? It really adds a lot of work to midi composing.

I'm really hoping I'm missing something here. Or maybe it's a bug. If not, maybe they could just add it, since double click drag with the pointer tool does nothing so it wouldn't mess anything up.
Hahahaha - remember when I told you that you will find something you hate about Bitwig. There we are ;-)

And who would have thought it's something as simple (to solve (hopefully) ) as a note-entering tool ;-)

I hope you will enjoy the ride anyway. :party:

Cheers,

Tom
Yep. That is exactly what I thought of when I first realized that. I'm still gonna pick it up probably. Just waiting to see if the devs are going to comment on that or some other feature request so that I know that there's a decent chance they will fix it. Also I wanna see how that PDC thing turns out.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:@trimph1 :tu:

For people complaining about PDC fail, official response from Bitwig in this thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5692508
dom@bitwig wrote:Just a quick note, so nobody has to panic: the pdc is designed to compensate the audio, the automation, the timing information for plugins. Most of it works great, but there's currently a bug with the last one, for example and there might be other scenarios that don't behave correctly, as pdc and time/routing stuff can be a real pita :) Anyway, the problems are not by design but bugs and we will check out all scenarios that don't work as they should and fix it.
Normally everything that can be reproduced reliable is fixable, esp. as the code base is still fresh...

Cheers,
Dom
Ah good. Just what I wanted to hear, and not much of a wait either. Time to switch back from quiet skepticism mode in Bitwig HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Ogopogo wrote:Yep. That is exactly what I thought of when I first realized that. I'm still gonna pick it up probably. Just waiting to see if the devs are going to comment on that or some other feature request so that I know that there's a decent chance they will fix it. Also I wanna see how that PDC thing turns out.
BTW. I just tried that scenario and found the solution from Andy very workable. Having the Pen active to draw notes and have one finger over the "1" to temporarily switch to the pointer.

As for fixes and improvements: I found them very responsive in the Beta, although my priorities weren't always the same as theirs obviously. ;-)

Some growing pains are to be expected :borg: :tu:

Cheers mate!

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

You people...sheeesh.

It is just a new release. Just report the bugs and leave it at that.

This reminds me of the war that broke out on Cakewalk's forum when X1 first came out. New product will have issues peeps....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Ok, gonna go watch some crime documentaries, because this one looks like another fail on the block :lol:
Seriously, no midi for multi-timbrel instruments? wtf :help: I might have something misread here, though.
PDC f***ed up? GTFL :clap:

Edit:
come on, it's just a first release, take a look at cubase 1 or live 1, yeah? So should I be grateful that's not atari midi only, since it's only first release ? Wow it's first release and it's not atari, wow, just F***ing wow, unbelievable, that's f(((ing revolutionary, Nobel anyone ? :clap:
Last edited by Blue-eyed Blonde Ape on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

ThomasHelzle wrote:BTW. I just tried that scenario and found the solution from Andy very workable. Having the Pen active to draw notes and have one finger over the "1" to temporarily switch to the pointer.

As for fixes and improvements: I found them very responsive in the Beta, although my priorities weren't always the same as theirs obviously. ;-)

Some growing pains are to be expected :borg: :tu:

Cheers mate!

Tom
Yeah, that will work for now. Pen tool could also use some tweaks, maybe the ability to move notes. I'm compiling my wishlist.

Anyway, Cheers :tu:

I love Ableton, but it doesn't let you do that. You can set the return to pre/post but that is in independent of each insert. That is to say that every channel that would be sent to the return would be pre or post. You can't sent individual channels as pre/post.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”