Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Will Bitwig Studio work on BeOS ?
Music

Why this thread keeps the title changed... tad annoying to find :roll:

So has the beta update arena been quiet or are they still rolling out? a stall should mean release soon.

We're at 8.2, but 8.1 and 8.2 were bugfixes only, so there's not much to report.

Going towards release for sure (for a while already), but I have no idea how long it will take to get those last folds ironed out and what else needs to be done before it's good to go.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

It's getting closer to Live version number !
Music

I really should stop reading this thread for a while. A watched kettle never boils!

I keep checking for updates, hoping that I'll find out that Bitwig has been released overnight. The wait is killing me, it looks like such a good tool.

ThomasHelzle wrote:We're at 8.2, but 8.1 and 8.2 were bugfixes only, so there's not much to report.

Going towards release for sure (for a while already), but I have no idea how long it will take to get those last folds ironed out and what else needs to be done before it's good to go.

Cheers,

Tom
By this do you mean you do not expect them to release a beta 9 or add new features? Either way that's pretty cool. Maybe they will keep their word then after all.

Ogopogo wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:We're at 8.2, but 8.1 and 8.2 were bugfixes only, so there's not much to report.

Cheers,

Tom
By this do you mean you do not expect them to release a beta 9 or add new features? Either way that's pretty cool. Maybe they will keep their word then after all.
I mean that of course they are working towards the release ;-)

And I don't expect any major new features before the release.

From my view BWS is in the bugfix, plugin compatibility and polishing phase.

How many betas that will need and how long it will take is everybodys guess. I personally don't find it important if this will be this month or next year, as much as I understand the anticipation. Makes no sense to rush now on the final stretch.

"Keeping their word" is the wrong concept here IMO.
If you promise somebody to keep a secret, that is something with a yes/no logic. You either do or you don't.
Developing complex software is not a yes/no process. Millions of tiny things have to come together just right and even the most seasoned and knowledgeable developer can be stumped for days with some weird random bug.

You can't "decide" to be ready. You are or you aren't.

I'll keep you posted of course, but I guess there will be little meat for a while.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Ty. Good to know that you think they are in the fixing phase. I wouldn't want them to release it before its ready, but I am still hoping that its ready sooner than later you know. Also you might not want to read too much into me saying that they are keeping their word. I mean they did say a few times that it was going to come out this year. So if they release it this year then it will count as them keeping their word, and that would be cool because it would show they on top of things, and of course we wouldn't be left wondering how long its going to be. NOT to say that the project must be a mess if it doesn't come out this year of course.

BTW Thomas, are finding the current beta stable or with few/many bugs??? From your personal point of view, of curse.

ty has some interesting "definitions" :scared:

I'm assuming you meant "thank you"

If Bitwig refuses to change their logo to something cat-based after this thread, that's just stupid on their part.

hibidy wrote:ty has some interesting "definitions" :scared:

I'm assuming you meant "thank you"
Yeah, I meant thank you. I wasn't aware of any other definintions. Were you looking on urban dictionary or something? :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”