The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

10 days. Woot!

then what?

kennyda wrote:I'm on a Mac, that checker won't work on it.

I just did a test, 10 tracks with Arturia MiniV playing a simple bass line. Both DAWs came out about the same, ie total COMPUTER CPU use about 35-45%.
The cpu meter of a given DAW isn't always an accurate indicator. As we said the real test is duplicating the track until you hear dropouts. So for example although they show the same cpu%, one might go up to 85% without dropouts and one might crack up at 60%. Also make sure that buffer settings are the same which is the most important thing. If Bitwig has a plug-in buffer setting, set it to the same as the audio buffer since this is Live's setting.

Suloo wrote:then what?
Release. I still look forward to trying it. I am most fascinated by the crash guard as there's a couple of plugins I know don't work at all on mac in any host so will be perfect to try the guard out and see how well it works, also I am really looking forward to doing my usual performance testing and comparing to other hosts.

Then we prepare for 1.5

Ogopogo wrote:
Then we prepare for 1.5
And the more forward thinking people will be looking towards 2.0

i wonder if the demo will come with soundsets, since that would take a while to download on the 26 :D

haha, Suloo & company keeping the fires burning. Any news on 3.0 yet? :hihi:

not yet, but we are on the magical page 303 :D wich is also pretty cool^^

hibidy wrote:haha, Suloo & company keeping the fires burning. Any news on 3.0 yet? :hihi:
Yes, but you have not been posting enough in the thread over the past week to hear it :lol:

lol yea, and not even a hello kitty ..tststs

btw: isn`t that also the bitwig logo here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvVsdVPP9hw

pdxindy wrote:
hibidy wrote:haha, Suloo & company keeping the fires burning. Any news on 3.0 yet? :hihi:
Yes, but you have not been posting enough in the thread over the past week to hear it :lol:
I figured you lot need a break from the all time leading poster. Besides, I grow weary of the anti-cat venom brigade.

Not much to say either :lol: In about 3 weeks we'll know what is going on (first week doesn't count :hihi: )

anti what? xD

Personally I'm already looking forward to 2.0, as I really would like group tracks, VST multi outs, sidechaining, custom key commands etc etc. There's a lot missing from 1.0 that I can do in Cubase or Ableton, so I hope they don't take too long to add these things.

I'd also like something similar to the control room feature in Cubase, as this allows me to monitor on a different output. Anyone know if they'll be implementing this?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”