Originally announced in 2009 (I found this thread posting dated June 03, 2009):

https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=116571

and then we get the release date:
kaspy003 wrote:Bitwig Studio 1.0 March 26th, 2014! :clap:
So that's announcement to release of 4 years and 297 days! :o

At least they didn't say april 1st :hihi:

kaspy003 wrote:Bitwig Studio 1.0 March 26th, 2014! :clap:

Too expensive

So two months. Price is a bit higher than I hoped, but I will still buy it.

It's right around what I expected.

I'm on the fence.

I really didn't expect it would be under $200 but was hoping. :hihi:

It looks like it will have most everything I need in a DAW and most important, it looks like I can eliminate the constant Live 9 crashing I experience, so if so I will probably buy into it.

Happy Musiking!
dsan

todd_r wrote:Too expensive
Too expensive??Either buy Reaper or get a job.People like you are unbelievable...first of all,it's not any more expensive than any other full featured DAW and not only does it have some functionality the competition doesn't have...well,if it's as stable as Bitwig claims it is,then it will be a bargain.
It's a small developer just starting out & after several years of development,what do you expect...the Bitwig staff to work for free??

You should try recording music using only hardware workstation keyboards,as this will give you some perspective on what's REALLY expensive and what isn't.
For Drakan:The Ancients Gates fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em9XUSiE7f4

Uh oh!

I'll straddle the fence with that and say that a) if someone thinks it's too much, they have the right to say so b) you do have a bit of a point.

So there, that outta get me into plenty of trouble :hihi:

iOS version will be released 4 days after the initial launch for $15.99
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

haha! That's a little pricey though, don't you think? :hihi:

hibidy wrote:haha! That's a little pricey though, don't you think? :hihi:
Oh all right, $9.99
:-(
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

hehe

elwoodblues1969 wrote:
todd_r wrote:Too expensive
Too expensive??Either buy Reaper or get a job.People like you are unbelievable...first of all,it's not any more expensive than any other full featured DAW and not only does it have some functionality the competition doesn't have...well,if it's as stable as Bitwig claims it is,then it will be a bargain.
It's a small developer just starting out & after several years of development,what do you expect...the Bitwig staff to work for free??

You should try recording music using only hardware workstation keyboards,as this will give you some perspective on what's REALLY expensive and what isn't.
:hihi: Meow

Ready to purchase this now. 399.99 for the download version will be just fine. I paid $699.99 earlier this year for Pro Tools 11,for project compatibility with other studios,and Bitwig sure looks alot more fun to work in.

Congrats Bitwig for finally getting a release date out to the public. I waited 4 years for this, and finally it's here. :tu:
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”