The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Oh yeah, just some posting well after taking my sleep meds.

My few words after 7 years of Live and 1 month of Bitwig: If Ableton will solve the pdc problem i'll start to use Live again. Guys from Bitwig have done so much work but it's too late.. So many little bugs that start annoying :(

My feelings are similar. I will wait and see if Bitwig will sort out high CPU consumption, but for now I have no bigger problems in Live.
I don't trust Bitwig enough for any serious work right now.
It's easy if you know how

Just a little friendly tip for anyone allergic to cats. I've been sneezing alot reading this thread but I've found the right medicine. Since I'm never browsing other parts of kvr other than the forum, this'll be ok. If there are screenshots you want to see you'll miss them. Disable the filter in this case.

In Firefox, install Adblock Plus, press Ctrl-Shift-F, create a new custom filter and add

*$image,domain=kvraudio.com

Such a relief

aharu wrote:Just a little friendly tip for anyone allergic to cats. I've been sneezing alot reading this thread but I've found the right medicine. Since I'm never browsing other parts of kvr other than the forum, this'll be ok. If there are screenshots you want to see you'll miss them. Disable the filter in this case.

In Firefox, install Adblock Plus, press Ctrl-Shift-F, create a new custom filter and add

*$image,domain=kvraudio.com

Such a relief
Now THIS is helpful and constructive!
Thanks!

(I'm a dog person myself)
Don't ask me, I just play here.

Geek Model wrote:My few words after 7 years of Live and 1 month of Bitwig: If Ableton will solve the pdc problem i'll start to use Live again. Guys from Bitwig have done so much work but it's too late.. So many little bugs that start annoying :(
The one main thing I want from Live is support for PolyAT... (and improved pdc)

The thing is, Bitwig also fails to support the midi protocol. Livid Base, QueNexus and other new controllers support PolyAT and both Live and Bitwig are unable to record this basic midi data.

I'm not going to spend $400 just to be frustrated by the same poor support for midi.

[quote="hibidy"]
I must sign out with bitwig on the bong. billy bong bitwig staring the falsetoe's. But mezmerized bu the chanting. Chanting that will bring things full circle. But first, feed the cat. No salmon treats, she doesn't like salmon treats.

[/quote]

Hey man, you should hit the bed directly after taking sleeping pills, this looks like a text written by someone on benzodiazepins and alcohol in the blood stream LOL

HOW do I quote people here? This has happened ever since I registered on this forum....

aharu wrote:
hibidy wrote: I must sign out with bitwig on the bong. billy bong bitwig staring the falsetoe's. But mezmerized bu the chanting. Chanting that will bring things full circle. But first, feed the cat. No salmon treats, she doesn't like salmon treats.

Hey man, you should hit the bed directly after taking sleeping pills, this looks like a text written by someone on benzodiazepins and alcohol in the blood stream LOL

HOW do I quote people here? This has happened ever since I registered on this forum....
Once your logged in, run your curser up to the right hand side top of the thread you want to quote, right next to the name of the poster and a red quote button will appear. Click on it and it will open a reply with the quote bracketed.

Geek Model wrote:My few words after 7 years of Live and 1 month of Bitwig: If Ableton will solve the pdc problem i'll start to use Live again. Guys from Bitwig have done so much work but it's too late.. So many little bugs that start annoying :(
My feelings exactly, you nailed it. Just pdc and a couple things in live, and it's checkmate.

(and then hopefully ableton will get their act together and keep innovating).

That said, the pdc is a big thing.. and apparently in BW they have now sorted it (even though i don't like the visual latency implementation nor lack of live recording mode or PDC bypass button to disable latent plugins, basically i think it's a working hack of a very average ableton PDC).... for ableton not to come out now and at least match BW level of pdc would be a very bad business decision.

If i was using live as my main host, and it didn't happen by the end of this year at the very very latest, i'd start some mass petition to switch just to try get their brains actually seeing how serious it is.

Wow, I'm really glad you guys solved the cat problem :hihi:

hibidy wrote:Wow, I'm really glad you guys solved the cat problem :hihi:
took quite a while :lol:

hibidy wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”