The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

i don`t get this random thing at all, why should one want to give up control on this?

You're welcome to ignore it ;-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ok :D

fedexnman wrote:I wonder how many will buy and not bother to demo it ? I wonder what time it will be released and if there website will go down ? Anyways its been fun cat pix and all ...
Not me... I'll be trying the demo... and in no hurry to purchase. I'm happy with Live and Push. There are too many excellent features in Live that I use regularly that are not there in Bitwig 1.0... Of course the Bitwig demo may sway me otherwise, but I am not expecting to purchase right away.

It would be real smart to release Bitwig tomorrow to take off load on the servers on wednesday.

There should be a countdown (from the ACTUAL time) I'm sure people will stay up for it!

33tetragammon wrote:Drool-wortly stuff:

Slicing and dicing loops is SUPERFAST, easy and very detailed. Did you know that EACH slice (or onset as Bitwig calls them) can have it's own time stretch algorithm (or not at all)?

There are 3 (count 'em!!) automation modes:
All forms of automation can be present for a single parameter. In this case, the absolute automation is applied first and then modulated by the additive automation. Multiplicative automation is applied last and has the final word, as multiplication always does.
The first one is similar to Live, the second one is like Live's clip modulation but BIPOLAR in nature (unlike Live's). The third multiplies both previously mentioned…..ummmmm, what?!?!?

And…AUTOMATION SNAPS TO THE GRID!!!!!!
Oh yes! You can toggle the fixed/adaptive grid, and there are 2 snap modes. Automation as you say snaps to it. The three automation modes you mention are the relative automation modes, which are only available in Clip Mode, but you can have that in the Launcher and the Arranger. They are basically types of modulation, designed to be superimposed on each other. Absolute is just your normal automation. Additive and multiplicative modulate the absolute. It's pretty simple to learn actually.

There is also Bitwig's Universal Modulation System, which is done with macros normally.

And there is your normal automation, which comes in Clip Mode and Track Mode.

I've got 4 tutorials out on Wednesday on Track Automation, Clip Automation, Relative Automation and Modulation.
Studio One, OS X 10.0, M-Audio Oxygen 25 keyboard.
Old websites:
http://www.bitwigtutorials.net Free Bitwig Studio tutorials
http://www.macableton.com Free Ableton Live and Mac tutorials.

hibidy wrote:There should be a countdown (from the ACTUAL time) I'm sure people will stay up for it!
Bitwig are not saying what time it will go online. Very wise. Which makes my countdown clock, calibrated to the second, a bit useless actually.

Roll on B-day.
Studio One, OS X 10.0, M-Audio Oxygen 25 keyboard.
Old websites:
http://www.bitwigtutorials.net Free Bitwig Studio tutorials
http://www.macableton.com Free Ableton Live and Mac tutorials.

I pre-ordered.....and will probably not demo. There are you happy? One less person to download, ha ha ha!

Jon

dsan@mail.com wrote:
UncleAge wrote:
dsan@mail.com wrote:Only 2 days to go :D
...they're gonna get slammed... I wonder if they have enough capacity for the first few days of downloading.
We'll see :hihi:

I certainly will not be hitting it opening day. But likely within the first week.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
I'll be hitting it as soon as the first round of bitching stops :D

"Oh it deleted my vst folder..."
"Why won't it recognize my really old interface..."
"I can't get it to authorize..."
"Every time I go to download it keeps stopping halfway thru..."
"I can't find Live anymore on my system, I think BWS deleted it..."

You know all that kinda stuff :lol:

trouble cat is gonna sort that out :hihi:
Last edited by llze on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think there will be many who will buy first day.

hibidy wrote:I think there will be many who will buy first day.
same as it ever was

hibidy wrote:I think there will be many who will buy first day.
Yep , then beaching and moaning about it not working a day later . :hihi:

Is it possible to have multiple audio mods or lfo's controlling a device?

I notice that the instruments are supposed to load into the lfo device or the audio mod. So what if you want to control a certain parameter with an lfo device and another parameter on that same instrument with an audio mod? I assume you can't load an instrument into two modulatign devices so how would you do that?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”