The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Regarding cross-fades, the anti-click fades as we call them do cause the audio event playback to overlap into the neighboring event so they can be use to splice audio without clicks or volume dips, so they are essentially cross-fades. However you can't control how long they are, they're using a fixed duration. As dom pointed out it is quite different to implement features like this for us compared to a traditional daw due to the complexity added by multiple audio events in clip, clip looping and the clip launcher - we want to make sure we nail it completely before doing it.

:tu:
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

The Mantra wrote:This is purely conjecture but I would question how Melodyne ARA would respond to a non-linear/modular daw that supports audio and midi in the same track and multiple audio events in the same clip.
I don't think it matters, linear or non-linear. Afaict Meldodyne audio playback is just a proxy, playing the processed audio from a cache instead of the original audio on the timeline. It doesn't really care when it supposed to play afaik, it just plays when it's supposed to.

ARA (the extension) is just a much better communication channel between the host and plugin, it doesn't change how Melo works internally, only makes it integrate into the host workflow much better.

That's very good news.

Thank you Thomas :tu:

Perhaps I'll be able to dl sooner than anticipated then :D

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

The Mantra wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Dom can we convince you guys to integrate the Melodyne ARA? :)
Would you prefer Bitwig to do that as apposed to rolling their own?
Melodyne ARA is cool and all but I assume that it was designed with a more traditional daw in mind.

This is purely conjecture but I would question how Melodyne ARA would respond to a non-linear/modular daw that supports audio and midi in the same track and multiple audio events in the same clip.

If that's the case I would prefer bitwig to implement their own pitch shifting solution that could be used throughout the daw and not just in the arrangement view and also allow pitch shifting to be used in hybrid tracks. Lets not forget that if the modular system had direct access to a pitch shifting engine people could create some crazy shit like a sampler with pitch shifting in it. :love:
I also suspect that melodyne ARA would have limited interaction with the javascript API
I would absolutely rather see them integrate Melodyne ARA. Melodyne have come up with something pretty amazing with the polyphonic pitch-shifting which I just don't think any DAW company will have the resources to do, so it would likely be some monphonic pitcch-shifting like Logic or an audio to midi like Ableton. Melodyne is far superior.

As for linear/non-linear - I don't see why that would matter. It just functions as an audio editor for audio regions. Shouldn't matter if those or on a track or clip.

My concern with implementing ARA would be that look and feel would not be consistent with the rest of the program if it is anything like the presonus implementation. I'd much rather have them set up something than can be used with the bitwig tools and integrate into the edit windows with maybe a toggle button to switch modes or something if it could be in the same ballpark.

Ogopogo wrote:My concern with implementing ARA would be that look and feel would not be consistent with the rest of the program if it is anything like the presonus implementation. I'd much rather have them set up something than can be used with the bitwig tools and integrate into the edit windows with maybe a toggle button to switch modes or something if it could be in the same ballpark.
that would be cool yep

aharu wrote:
stanlea wrote:Image
Well whaddaya know, a cat picture I actually enjoyed! And all this time I've thought everyone on here was mentally challenged but now I see the beauty of it, sorry guys for judging you all.

lol, brilliant!
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

dsan@mail.com wrote:Actually, I think it was hibidy that wanted to be first :hihi:

hibidy? hibidy?

Has anyone seen hibidy?

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Oh no, believe me when I tell you I won't be one of the early ones ;)

wait until we tell you how great it is.. then you want it as well :D

ThomasHelzle wrote:Current Beta is 112 MB. Content is downloaded on demand separately.

Cheers,

Tom
That's a nice lite DL.

Suloo wrote:wait until we tell you how great it is.. then you want it as well :D
Oh, I follow with anticipation, but I'm very happy with what I have. Maybe in a few months if everyone is REALLY ecstatic and they put the things in I can't live w/o I'll be interested in a demo. But that doesn't mean I don't follow.

Hi Dom, if you're still reading this: Will some of these things be a possibility in the future?
Redukt wrote:What i'm really hoping for after 1.0 is a built-in spectrum analyzer and a "random" MIDI tool like in Live - very useful for generative, IDM-ish tracks. Although i guess i could use the step mod or an LFO to modulate note pitch, right?

And of course the possibility to bounce individual drum pads, that would be THE Killer feature for me personally.
Sorry for asking again and again for the drum pad bouncing thing but it would be SUCH an awesome feature... :)

Image :hihi:

hibidy wrote:
dsan@mail.com wrote:Actually, I think it was hibidy that wanted to be first :hihi:

hibidy? hibidy?

Has anyone seen hibidy?

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Oh no, believe me when I tell you I won't be one of the early ones ;)
:lol:

That was done in the voice Ben Stein....Bueler?......Bueler? :hihi:

I already know how happy you are with Live and S1 :tu: ;)

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”