The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

HydrogenHuman wrote:Verdict
Ableton Live is in no danger, but Bitwig Studio is a fantastic, forward-thinking DAW in its own right - and this is only version 1!
I don't understand this line of thinking really. We already went through this in the thread a long while back and I probably was too gung-ho about it as some people pointed out, but really, Bitwig is almost the same thing as Live so if it is "fantastic" and "forward thinking" as well how is it possible that Live is in no danger? It must be at least in some danger of having some market share stolen. Or is he referring to the fact that the missing features are holding it back for now? Seems unlikely because he didn't make a big deal out of it or really seem to notice most of them. Or is it just a bunch of reviewer drivel?

Probably the drivel part is spot on. I think that I used to really enjoy many reviews then they all just started to seem the same and that turned me off.

I heard that the cat is out of the bag...or has arrived on the other side of the fence.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Last edited by Regnas on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Is that the same one we already saw?

Yeah, it is.

ThomasHelzle wrote:Hehehe - no, I don't use Arnold anymore.

This is the real thing in a box, no rendering this time... :party:

Cheers,

Tom
Oh it's real. I guess it doesn't feel like sneakers...

Ogopogo wrote:
HydrogenHuman wrote:Verdict
Ableton Live is in no danger, but Bitwig Studio is a fantastic, forward-thinking DAW in its own right - and this is only version 1!
I don't understand this line of thinking really. We already went through this in the thread a long while back and I probably was too gung-ho about it as some people pointed out, but really, Bitwig is almost the same thing as Live so if it is "fantastic" and "forward thinking" as well how is it possible that Live is in no danger? It must be at least in some danger of having some market share stolen. Or is he referring to the fact that the missing features are holding it back for now? Seems unlikely because he didn't make a big deal out of it or really seem to notice most of them. Or is it just a bunch of reviewer drivel?
Live is used on big stage with max/msp jitter program writen by professional programmers. Those won't be easily changed as well as protools never die.

Bitwig stream peoples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCNubn36hoA

it just crashed as soon as I tuned in... :hihi:

Edit - it's over.

Ogopogo wrote:Bitwig stream peoples

Edit - it's over.

:clap:and ... does not seem so stable ... I think the strategy of the developers was not good, Reaper and Image Line are good examples, there is no need for secrets, for what? :dog:

So one crash proves it's not stable? He also said he was using a beta version. This secret stuff, ugh, we have been over and over this. It doesn't matter. People who are interested in this type of product are still going to consider it now that it's out. There weren't even secrets anyway. Public beta doesn't always make sense. They made the features they were building into it known from the start and announced a release date when they were sure they could meet it. It's just making a scandal out of nothing.

So is it time yet?

plauto wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:Bitwig stream peoples

Edit - it's over.

:clap:and ... does not seem so stable ... I think the strategy of the developers was not good, Reaper and Image Line are good examples, there is no need for secrets, for what? :dog:
That's right, cause everything in the world should be the same... diversity is BAAAAAADDDDDDD !!!

:lol:

I'll keep saying it, it's gonna be a week before we REALLY know. We've had the beta testers, we've had the one dude get his two days early ( :hihi: ) but the doors haven't even opened yet.

Exciting times even for those of us that like live!

ThomasHelzle wrote:
zendorf wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:And as for the definition of "Tomorrow":
I think it's pretty safe to assume that it is Berlin/Germany local time... ;-)

This is a full HD image, so if you want it as a Wallpaper, rightclick and "open image" or "save image as" or whatever it's called in your browser... ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
Sweet render Tom! Rendered in arnold?
Hehehe - no, I don't use Arnold anymore.

This is the real thing in a box, no rendering this time... :party:

Cheers,

Tom
Ha...good thing I didn't ask to see the wireframes :D Reminds me of the old promo Autodesk had on their site years ago called "Fake or Photo?"....anyway I digress...

How many hours is it now till release....it is already night here in Sydney on the 26th!
It has been a long wait, but it should be worth it :tu:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”