The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

I predict that many effect plugins are gonna be available for sale after Bitwig release! :hihi:

Got into the beta, FINALLY! :cry:

Checked out all the effects :hyper:
... AFAIK, it's usually the case that the overall quality of a DAW's bundled effects is mediocre to good (and some few that are very nice and worth using)

Happy to say that it's not the case with the overall quality of those found in Bitwig atm. The quality level, without exaggeration is very good to great... :tu:

I guess one can't judge (this) software by looking at videos or reading/checking out allot about... as I found in this case, it's a different and a much better experience than I expected.

IMO, the workflow feels similar to Ableton but can't really compare to it because all of the differences and cool workflow improvements and simplifications that really give Bitwig a more unique vibe. So in short, Bitwig is more different than it seems.

The latest beta (8.2) seems pretty complete as a version 1.0 IMhO, although I don't really think it will make it this year anymore but after having a play and seeing how far it reached from what I knew/imagined, I have to say that it's really worth waiting for! :)

Good software takes time! <== please, unquotable! :P

From my short experience with the software so far, the workflow seems great (way better than I expected) and the overall feel and motion/response is solid and (almost) spot on atm.

I applaud their efforts and look forward to any news and of course it's release! :clap:

You WOULD, getting into the beta :hihi:

Congrats btw!

ZenPunkHippy wrote:It's also absolutely correct!

Life is a mirror ...
+ 420000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 :-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

3ee wrote:I predict that many effect plugins are gonna be available for sale after Bitwig release! :hihi:

... AFAIK, it's usually the case that the overall quality of a DAW's bundled effects is mediocre to good (and some few that are very nice and worth using)

Happy to say that it's not the case with the overall quality of those found in Bitwig atm. The quality level, without exaggeration is very good to great... :tu:

I guess one can't judge (this) software by looking at videos or reading/checking out allot about... as I found in this case, it's a different and a much better experience than I expected.

IMO, the workflow feels similar to Ableton but can't really compare to it because all of the differences and cool workflow improvements and simplifications that really give Bitwig a more unique vibe. So in short, Bitwig is more different than it seems.

The latest beta (8.2) seems pretty complete as a version 1.0 IMhO, although I don't really think it will make it this year anymore but after having a play and seeing how far it reached from what I knew/imagined, I have to say that it's really worth waiting for! :)

From my short experience with the software so far, the workflow seems great (way better than I expected) and the overall feel and motion/response is solid and (almost) spot on atm.

I applaud their efforts and look forward to any news and of course it's release! :clap:
Ha - great to hear that. Pretty much my feelings as well :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Got into the beta, i'm in love with the piano roll multi "lane" functionality and all the shortcuts available for different views, etc.
It's real and very much Alive!
Who is this doing this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'?

:cry:

Check email :( :cry: :cry:
3ee wrote:I predict that many effect plugins are gonna be available for sale after Bitwig release! :hihi:

So glad to hear that the fx are good, I will probably use it quite (if not exclusively) on Linux and that will make life so much easier.

BTW how it is the distortion in particular???

Anyway good fx, good workflows and the announced features, just stop adding stuff and release it :hihi: !

@3ee: BTW. Looking forward to what you can do with BWS' devices :-)

I think BWS will become a great "Instrument" for sound designers. Since everything works together so closely, it will make a lot of sense to create Sound Libraries for it, combining all the modulators, instruments and FX into One.

I could even imagine specific BWS libraries for widespread 3rd party plugins that use all the modulation power to spice up certain shortcomings. Need more LFOs in Aalto? A step modulator in Chromaphone? ;-)

Good stuff ahead!

Cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle wrote:@3ee: BTW. Looking forward to what you can do with BWS' devices :-)

I think BWS will become a great "Instrument" for sound designers. Since everything works together so closely, it will make a lot of sense to create Sound Libraries for it, combining all the modulators, instruments and FX into One.

I could even imagine specific BWS libraries for widespread 3rd party plugins that use all the modulation power to spice up certain shortcomings. Need more LFOs in Aalto? A step modulator in Chromaphone? ;-)

Good stuff ahead!

Cheers,

Tom
Yeah... that is intriguing!

pc999 wrote:Check email :( :cry: :cry:
I did :hyper:

I didn't :cry: :cry:

Happy Musiking!
dsan

ThomasHelzle wrote:@3ee: BTW. Looking forward to what you can do with BWS' devices :-)

Good stuff ahead!

Cheers,

Tom

This perspective is very welcomed !
I believe that a modern daw is a place for sound design.
Music

It's a pleasure to have all the infos, given by Bitwig, and by the beta testers. We kind of witness the making-of this very nice looking software. Thank you all.
I hope that everybody at Bitwig is in good condition, not in the urge, that's more important than the release date.
Thought, I wonder if doing the release on New Year's Day is a temptation at Bitwig !
B.
Music

It needs to be before then since I have a week off of work beginning on Christmas. :)

The distortion unit atm doesn't have more algos so I guess that the current one will get updated.. but as it is, I consider it great as a saturator but good as distortion. It's certainly usable (if you after that response) but atm, there's room for improvement IMO.

What I really like about it that it has a Slew control :love: reminds me of a Ohmicide Slew algo.

It survived the sine test sweep pretty well also! :)

odd
https://app.box.com/s/hjb5a75gdkvyd5qpgko3

even (DC Bias dial to max)
https://app.box.com/s/1yly1ygvz2jm2muz34m7

both examples show a fairly good drive level although the drive can go way more (Slew to max, so it's not used here)

I love the slew control and will probably use it all the time but have to be honest that as it is.. it aliases about 4 times more. (not really sure if it matters as I don't really know how it works and sounds good when not used with sine sweeps :D )

:cry:

Life's not fair

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”