The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Bitwig?

I've never even been to the bitwig forum and I've already prolly been banned from it :hihi:

I bought Bitwig. two days later I had the clap. coincidence?

Arglebargle wrote:I bought Bitwig. two days later I had fleas. coincidence?
I fixed that for you

Leave the insects alone! They have nothing to do with this.

lose the pics of kids getting shot. now.

Very funny, but you guys forgot one little thing; as a proud owner of Bitwig Studio 1.0 there is only one thing I'd like to state: it still is the best DAW in the universe. Therefore; be very cautious about what you gonna write here :P

I'm glad you like it. I like the lolzes though

macmurphy wrote:lose the pics of kids getting shot. now.
Gone.
No longer a moderator.

I see they are complaining on a certain well known warez forum about our little Cat excursion here.

Oh well.

I spent many hours getting this to work on Linux Mint Maya 13 LTS. But I got to say, it works very well. Very stable in fact. I can't save or export which means I will just knock it on the head now, but yeah, it works great on Linux.

Btw, could you Bitwiggers not make it so that you could at least save a song/track and then reload it later when you buy the full program? I guess that is just too much work.

I really hate demos like this, and I will just not bother any more. I will probably buy a secondhand copy in the market place in five years time. Doh. Rope me in. I just spent five hours setting it up. I am serious. But no. You just cut it off. Brutal. Ok.

I got to say though, v1.08 iirc is very stable even on a very ropey Linux system I have going.

So well done. Just change the terms of the demo eh?

codec_spurt wrote:I see they are complaining on a certain well known warez forum about our little Cat excursion here.
Poor whiny little thieving bitches. Who cares!

Glad you like the linux version. I'm surprised at linux because seems to me it's tough to get all the parts to play well together. I can't personally be fussed. Win7 just works for me and my simpleton ways :hihi:

codec_spurt wrote: So well done. Just change the terms of the demo eh?
You can record bitwig in the rest of your linux apps,
and use it as an effects rack, if they loosen up any more,
it won't really be a demo.

hibidy wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:I see they are complaining on a certain well known warez forum about our little Cat excursion here.
Poor whiny little thieving bitches. Who cares!

Glad you like the linux version. I'm surprised at linux because seems to me it's tough to get all the parts to play well together. I can't personally be fussed. Win7 just works for me and my simpleton ways :hihi:
Indeed.

I was very surprised at how stable and functional the linux version was. It is a game changer. Nothing comes close for Linux now. Sorry Jeff, just keep on doing it old chap, but you are just one man against a team of, well, pretty good f**king coders too - let's admit it.

I'm running Maya (linux mint 13 LTS - Ubuntu 12.04) off a very good and fast usb stick. Still it is slow compared to being installed to the hard drive. So I would say that that is another bonus for this version of Bitwig. I'm running it off a USB stick for chrissake. I'm going to put it on my hard drive which has LMDE on it (Linux Mint Debian).

I have a lot of problems too on this install (of Linux, not Bitwig) It is messed up. I need to reinstall it. But still, the demo works fine. I am working on old hardware as well. Triple core 1.8GHz, albeit with 8GB of RAM.

I only had space to install the base program, but what is included is nice - drum modules and synth and sampler. The sequencer is familiar to anyone that has used Ableton. But with some new tricks thrown in. I haven't spent that much time to be honest. Like I said, it took me about 4 hours or so to install. But that is because I am not very familiar with Linux. Someone who is would do a lot better.

On the whole. Very very impressed. Not one crash after a few hours of playing about.

This is a major day, a major milestone. No other sequencer compares or comes into consideration with its sophistication when working on Linux.

I think a very big hats off and congratulations is in order to the team:

D.H. Miltz wrote:
macmurphy wrote:lose the pics of kids getting shot. now.
Gone.
thanks.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”