Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

LawrenceF wrote:
hibidy wrote:@too many hosts:

Er, how do you find one that works w/o trying them all :hihi:

Ask Lawrence, I was in perpetual hell for a while ....
True. From a purely objective outside view, we all, myself included obviously, probably look like a bunch of spoiled whiney bitches. :hihi:

The tools we have now were quite literally unimaginable a couple of decades ago, fantastic, affordable, powerful, and yet, it's never really enough. We often expect near perfection, which is a really big unicorn. :lol:

Also... "The Sleprock Effect" ... is a well known phenomenon with technology in general. :) Sometimes we run into situations with technology where nothing really works like it's supposed to, and/or as well as it does for almost everyone else and it's highly annoying. 1000 people will buy the exact same new car model and a certain small percentage of them will get what appears to be a relative "lemon" that's always in the repair shop. :)

In those cases we usually look to blame someone for it, when sometimes it's just really awful luck. :) For example, i got pretty lucky and got a d8b that never had any issues really while some others had all kinds of problems. Same console. And, of course, granted, sometimes it actually is poor manufacturing or coding or design. :hihi: And sometimes the UPS guy maybe dropped or mishandled your box and didn't tell anyone. :lol:

But yeah, once you do find something that works reliably for you, be happy, and mostly try to leave it alone. :hihi:
AYE MATE! LONG LIVE BITWIG!

This has to be the best cat video ever... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6GQR3Ym5M8

that really IS the best cat vid ever.. the cat coming into defense of his friend against the dog. Loved it!

Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

:lol:

I will slowly torture the little baby with 256-polyphony now; it asked for it 8)

Goodnesses, kitteh pic make my night!

All good and well, it's about time for Bitwig 1.0.9.
Entertainment is fun, but work has to be done. What are they waiting for?? Geez

This place is dead as a doorknob (the host section)

Did more people go to bitwig than was estimated????? Are people just happy with their hosts? Have we reached the end of the internet?

hibidy wrote:This place is dead as a doorknob (the host section)...
I noticed they turned off the hotfixes a few weeks back, it's got some of them speculating for the worst and hoping for the best... that's logical being as they dropped 4 bills to join the boondoggle... oops... I meant the 21st century super DAW.

Or, it must be perfect at this point... :wink:

p.s. I still think Bitwig has potential, just glad the dust is settling down a bit so we can get a rest from the hype. :D

don`t let the dust sattle, call DUSTCAT :hihi:

Actually, I've been finding the whole forum seems to be slow lately.

It's like the rapture happened and we are what's left :hihi:

Yes, don't you just love the speculation gurus :hihi:

BTW - you may want to consider that demo if you haven't already. :tu:

No, it's not purrrrfect, but getting close(r) :D

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”