The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Yeah, I thought to that but she seems to be inline with the background, of course maybe that is photoshoped too.

The most obvious clue is that it would take a seriously burly individual to be able to hold a cat this enormously heavy out in from of them like that.

The one on the left was Maple (R.I.P. sweetie!) and she was not the smallest cat in history. The lump of fur on the right is Max. He's not the biggest cat in the world, but as you can see he's no mini-me :hihi:

It's the revenge of the bitwig!!!!!!!!!!!!

Max has fleas :evil:

TheoM wrote:Anyway this is a random but i am in love with this kitty and must know the breed, at exactly 15.30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7b1aLY3tyI
I think that is a Russian Blue cat.
It's easy if you know how

:hihi:

ps: it`s real :party:

That's crazy. Bitwig is far from bloated! :hihi:

hibidy wrote:That's crazy. Bitwig is far from bloated! :hihi:

ya think? :hihi:

I think fat cats are pretty funny somehow..they look kinda strange, watch the face^^ :D

barryfell wrote: They can't fix it soon, as it requires a massive rewrite of code. Maybe v10 and enough complaints about it will warrant such a re-write, so we will see what happens. However, you can bet Ableton have some big stuff in store for v10 which will warrant a re-write in many areas so as to 'one up' BWS. They clearly knew v1 of BWS would have issues so people wouldn't flock to them, so they aren't damaging their reputation much by holding back (PDC is a minor reported issue), so they didn't need to release too much in v9. It's pretty clever stuff, but typical of competing products. i.e. hold back most of your hand until the opponent has dealt them. That way, in game theory, more sales can be created over time.

Game theory shapes economics, and economics shapes technology that comes to market.
Can I just comment on this post, I just read it... and need to say, I agree with most of the Ableton stuff, but I don't agree they are holding anything back.... if you really look at Live 9, every feature is simply an addition or bolt on to what they had before...even the look and feel, they didn't update their GUI even slightly, they simply introduced a new color scheme, and the core app is exactly the same, they added new plugins, new controller integration and processes such as audio-to-midi, but made almost no changes to their base app... no extra right click functionality, no miscellaneous functions, they didn't even addresses issues that were hot on the agenda for over 3 years like PDC, like bouncing, like even the most basic stuff like, take your time-stretch from impulse and put it in Sampler.....then you consider session view automation, which to be honest, when I heard it was there, I was ecstatic, but when I realized that it doesn't have compensation, the feature becomes almost worthless and cheap,.... when everyone talked about PDC requiring a rewrite, I was under the impression it was because that rewrite would allow them to do timing accurate session view automation, the two problems were linked.... instead they took the shortcut, implemented the feature without compensation instead, nobody noticed, heralded it as a killer feature and most people we're non too wiser... that's what you still have so many Ableton fans who still don't get how flawed the whole system is... it's kinda beyond comprehension for me.

The only 3 ways I can comprehend this: 1: Bitwig was their true talent and they lost them, so since then, everything has been patchwork. 2: They started looking for a new development team too late or the task of Live 10 (which should have been 9) was too daunting, so a decision was made to separate development branches, one with the legacy team patching Live 8 to tide people over and the new team who are rewriting for Live 10. The 3rd consideration is that Live is dead in the water, lost their way, corporate and more interested in their Akai deals... now you could argue that Live is stil good as a "live" application, and that's it's primary focus, I don't buy that, because Ableton implemented literally hundreds of studio features and have a whole arrangement view... they want it all just like Bitwig do... and both apps are very close to satisfying both studio and live producers... PLUS, this is the future anyway, I've said it before... I barely mix after my productions are complete, I mix, compress, alter transients, eq, everything AS I'M PRODUCING, its the modern thing to do (at least if you're an computer producer) and ironically it was Ableton who popularized the process by making it so flexible to do so... but it wasn't a good idea to work like that in Ableton because it doesn't compensate properly.

There will be heavy competition in the years ahead but seeing as it took 10 years for Ableton to [not even] find it's feet, I'm rooting for Bitwig.

Really? Well anyways, I use live everyday, in a variety of ways, 8 going 9 for about 18 months and it is floating my boat. I don't expect everyone to know my history, but I think that for the majority of people who have heard my rants over the years this is a significant statement.

Fanboi? You betcha. I get high just using live. I'm feeling rather blessed that I have this option. Bitwig? MEH, if you really pay attention, they are WAY behind and people that waited with baited breath are saying it's behind (no reason to shoot the messenger ;) )

I'm not routing for them one bit, though I certainly have no problem if they nail it. Live, it's still by far my Riker, and I'm thankful that I have it.

hibidy wrote:Really? Well anyways, I use live everyday, in a variety of ways, 8 going 9 for about 18 months and it is floating my boat. I don't expect everyone to know my history, but I think that for the majority of people who have heard my rants over the years this is a significant statement.

Fanboi? You betcha. I get high just using live. I'm feeling rather blessed that I have this option. Bitwig? MEH, if you really pay attention, they are WAY behind and people that waited with baited breath are saying it's behind (no reason to shoot the messenger ;) )

I'm not routing for them one bit, though I certainly have no problem if they nail it. Live, it's still by far my Riker, and I'm thankful that I have it.
Then why do you spend so much time in this thread?

Tronam wrote:
hibidy wrote:Really? Well anyways, I use live everyday, in a variety of ways, 8 going 9 for about 18 months and it is floating my boat. I don't expect everyone to know my history, but I think that for the majority of people who have heard my rants over the years this is a significant statement.

Then why do you spend so much time in this thread?
:dog:

Because? It is an open forum you know..... :?

And besides, there was a huge buildup of over 2 years as to how this was to be be so much better than Live...

I still call Bitwig vapourware....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote: And besides, there was a huge buildup of over 2 years as to how this was to be be so much better than Live...

I still call Bitwig vapourware....
I don't.

Vaporware is a term in the computer industry that describes a product, typically computer hardware or software, that is announced to the general public but is never actually released nor officially cancelled.

I call it rewirewhere

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”