The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Sorry, I don't plan to do any video tutorials ATM. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Sorry, I don't plan to do any video tutorials ATM. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
No problem... :tu:

i think if one knows ableton, bitwig won`t be much different in terms of workflow, just with a way cooler arranger and stuff.. :D

Suloo wrote:i think if one knows ableton, bitwig won`t be much different in terms of workflow, just with a way cooler arranger and stuff.. :D
Sure.
Unfortunately I'm a FL Studio wizard.... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1o_eFtTshc#t=13
this one should better get the download version. :wink:

lol

Regnas wrote: Sure.

besh wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1o_eFtTshc#t=13
this one should better get the download version. :wink:
wow this is epic 5 stars.

Regnas wrote:@ThomasHelzle:

It seems like you have a deep knowledge of Bitwig.

So, could you make a video tutorial/guide covering the interface of Bitwig, (just the interface) to show where the things (most important things) are?

It would be really useful... :tu:

Cheers.
I know there is at least one person working on Bitwig tuts already, the guy from Bitwig beats. When the demo becomes available you should probably be able to find something like this on youtube pretty quick.

:) Thanks for the reply Thomas… I am a longtime Logic user who never really got comfortable with Live. I own Live Intro currently and Logic 9. So I was waiting to upgrade either to see what Bitwig offered… i.e. the price and complexity/ease of use transition factor. Sounds like it's pretty easy to get going, but will require some R&D to replace current workflow. Some cool stuff in there from what I've seen in the videos.

DHR53 wrote::) Thanks for the reply Thomas… I am a longtime Logic user who never really got comfortable with Live. I own Live Intro currently and Logic 9. So I was waiting to upgrade either to see what Bitwig offered… i.e. the price and complexity/ease of use transition factor. Sounds like it's pretty easy to get going, but will require some R&D to replace current workflow. Some cool stuff in there from what I've seen in the videos.
Well, if Live never clicked for you, it's possible that BWS will neither, although I find it more user-friendly with it's mixed approach with looping clips as well as the timeline, which in Live is a royal pain.
But ATM I don't think BWS replaces a linear production Sequencer like Logic completely - it's focus is more on live use and - how would you call it - creative musiking maybe? ;-)

For people who basically record real instruments, voice and maybe play some VSTs along, something like Logic or S1 is a rather good solution, since the music is done by the player and you mostly need a way to record and arrange what you played and mix it.
In that case, the DAW isn't really an instrument, but resembles tape and a mixer.

On the other hand you have people where the technical stuff is very much a part of the music-making. Beats get mangled, stuff is looped and sliced and effected beyond recognition, the DAW becomes more of an instrument that is played by controllers or the mouse and the whole process resembles more a modular analogue synth with sequencers, oscillators and lots of cables, composing may have a much larger random part to it....

(And of course there are all shades between and many other ways too :-) )

What I want to say: It's more important to find out what makes you enjoy making music than anything else. Give the demo a try when it comes out and spend some quality time with it. What works for somebody else may be totally non-functional for you ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

The Mantra wrote:
Regnas wrote: Sure.

thx for adblock :hihi:

Not soon enough :cry:

yea..

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”