The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Ogopogo wrote:Here's where they said definitely this year. This was halfway through October so maybe they will hold to it. Personally I won't hold it against them if they do go a little over if they have to but I would love to get my hands on it and considering that I have a lot of respect for them I think it would be a bit of a shame if they were to lose face and customers over it. Remember Live is always there to grab potential customers who feel Bitwig isn't worth waiting for. In fact if Live were to announce that another heavily requested feature such as fixed PDC were coming soon that could take a chunk out of Bitwig's customer base.

https://twitter.com/Bitwig/status/390908067807649792
If they don't keep their word they not only lose customers but reputation.
23 days till end of this year. Bring it on, BW!

LawrenceF wrote:While we all had a good and harmless joke at the extended beta, I'll be very interested to see how many people who are taking the delay really personally will actually even buy the thing when it releases. :hihi:

I know for - certain - at least a few people hounding them across the net just want the release to hurry up already so they can get the crack faster. :lol:

We should create a "Who Actually Bought Bitwig?" thread here after it releases. :hihi:
Everyone will buy it, except me. :hihi: I'm happy with what I have for the most part.

dalor wrote:23 days till end of this year. Bring it on, BW!
here's hoping.

Finally... :harp:

dalor wrote:If they don't keep their word they not only lose customers but reputation.
I agree, and I'm not going to be happy if it's not released this year. They keep posting videos showing more features, yet do not answer the hundreds of questions on their Facebook page. It's very unprofessional and has made me question if they are a company I'd like to support.

If they ignore their potential customers now, what will their support be like when you need them?

I'll still end up giving the demo a try regardless, as it does look awesome.

DHR53 wrote:Finally... :harp:
;)

hibidy wrote:Everyone will buy it, except me. :hihi: I'm happy with what I have for the most part.
Well, call me Riker and "make it not so". :hihi:

Too bad Vegas doesn't run odds on stuff like this. Would make for an interesting bet. :) Although, the BWS people could bet and release anything to win.

I really don't blame them for ignoring the majority of facebook questions. They do occasionally respond on facebook, twitter, and youtube. Does anybody answer everything? Seems like a full time job. The features themselves indicate that they do listen to customers. They pretty much came into existence to fulfill people's wishes for what Live could be. There's also evidence that they are listening to what people are saying about them, for example one of their facebook posts is about how people were asking for note tools and so they added them. And Dom even posted in this thread to address the ruckus over the lack of multiout vst support, saying it was a priority for the next version. And then Thomas reports that he is suggesting things as he beta tests and that they have been receptive to his suggestions. The thing is they could probably never answer everyone questions and it could complicate their process when they have been refining things the whole time and stuff was up in the air. The probably had some doubts as to what exactly was going to make it into v1 and what it was going to look like, so they wouldn't want to talk themselves into a corner.

Technical support is probably a whole nother thing, I doubt their willingness to spill all the deets now says anything about how responsive they will be to user's actual problems.

And so far it seems Ableton has a pretty bad reputation on that front so I dunno if you would want to jump to that ship. Lots of stuff that people have asked for has been ignored a long time, Live 9 was received as a lackluster update. It seems that some of the changes that have happened have been in response to bitwig. For example Multi monitor support all of a sudden, and a new streamlined beta process when apparently it was horrible before and bugs were not acknowledged.

haha.

Live is still my "riker", though as you know I've mostly got it going with S1. Neither is perfect, they complement each other nicely imho depending on my mood.

There are things about live that drive me a bit batty though. Just some weird shit that pisses me off from time to time. If bitty every becomes more full featured....I can see it entering the stable, but not soon that I can tell.

LawrenceF wrote:Well, call me Riker and "make it not so". :hihi:
The first officer's duty is to execute the captains orders! Make it so!

IncarnateX wrote:Image
Great photo man.

That was either the Pet Shop Boys, or The Grid.

One was a pioneering techno duo, the other was a pair of b__ b___!

Both made amazing mind blowing music!

Here's the first thing that came up youtubes for the grid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQqLDKsnqwA

Mates with a guy called gerald so don't take the piss

codec_spurt wrote:
Great photo man.

Uh? I actually thought it was a cat picture. The one to the right surely looks like a big fat mean one to me. Think it's name is Bones or something like that.

IncarnateX wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:
Great photo man.

Uh? I actually thought it was a cat picture. The one to the right surely looks like a big fat mean one to me. Think it's name is Bones or something like that.

Oh f**k you're right. That's Bones innit. Jesus. What a guy! What a dev.
I love Bones! Great plugs too.

Jeez, that's Bones. So it is. Doh.

Ooopsa!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”