The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Not sure if it's been discussed but has anyone tested the sampler in terms of granular type functions? Since there is a sample position, loop length etc., it seems that with the modulation you could some sample scrubbing for granular type sounds. Anyone?

^Way earlier in the thread Thomas was talking about how he was asking them to make that stuff modulatable since it wasn't, eventually they put it in and I believe he used it for this:
ThomasHelzle wrote:Today I played a while with the Sampler and the result was rather fun:

(Rightclick - View Image to see full size)
This is two LFO MODs, the first with expanded Macros, containing the second and that again containing the sampler.
(Only modules contained in an LFO can receive its modulation but AFAIK you can stack them as deep as you want.)

The three used Macros control the depth of the three LFOs used. They are static in the example.
The first LFO modulates the Loop-Lenght of the sampler and the speed of the Second LFO.
The second LFO modulates Pitch.
The third LFO modulates Sample Start.
The fourth LFO modulates the speed of the third, which is a nice way to get time-variant random LFOs.

The original sample is a fluid being poured out of a bottle.
Middle C held for 50 bars...
No other effects were used but the BWS limiter to prevent spikes.
I didn't automate a fadeout at the end so I did that in Ocenaudio (which I just saw is available for Linux too - yay :-) ).
No other edits.

This is the audio-export window of BWS:

And finally the audio:

http://www.screendream.de/stuff/Bitwig/Watering.wav
96kHz - 24 Bit. 60 MB.

Very capable for sounddesign.

Sounds lovely to me - YMMV. :-)

Cheers,

Tom
It kinda went under the radar at the time. The only thing I can think to say about it is that it is very wet sounding. :lol:

Can an LFO modulate itself?

Like if you modulate the LFO speed with the LFO itself, it can change the wave shape of the LFO.

Ogopogo wrote:^Way earlier in the thread Thomas was talking about how he was asking them to make that stuff modulatable since it wasn't, eventually they put it in and I believe he used it for this:
Thanks man! Great to see the sample parameters are modulatable. That would have been a bit of disappointment if not!

I'll try again, Is there any information on the way Bitwig handles midi quantize?

Are there realtime quantize options like in Logic,and Pro Tools eg: quantize 1/32 on track 1. and then quantize 1/16 on track 2, but then if you wanted to change the tracks quantize at a later date to 1/8 without fully committing it, you would always have the option due to realtime quantize control.. :help:

I'm basically asking are there non destructive quantize options? Anyone familiar with the way Pro Tools and Logic handles midi quantize that is beta testing can you check?

Is this possible? thanks if you can take a quick screen shot or explain the way quantize is handled for midi.

Thanks
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

virtualmark wrote:Can an LFO modulate itself?

Like if you modulate the LFO speed with the LFO itself, it can change the wave shape of the LFO.
No, but the LFO module comes with two LFOs that can both modulate each other at the same time - something I use all the time since there is no Interpolated Sample and Hold waveform ATM (although it's on the list).

cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Hi Thomas,
Can you mention anything about the midi quantize features in Bitwig, I've scoured the net for any information regarding this, but I can't find anything. Thanks
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote:Hi Thomas,
Can you mention anything about the midi quantize features in Bitwig, I've scoured the net for any information regarding this, but I can't find anything. Thanks
I never use quantizing so I leave this for others to answer.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Ok Thanks
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I know you can Pre determine the Length of an Audio "Clip" or Scene? can you setup like 10 Audio Clips and have it go to each consecutive clip after it records each one? just like ableton with the midi clips? you cannot do this with audio inside Cells in ableton. only midi.

I recently had a little time to play with the Bitwig Logo and created this wallpaper - maybe it can ease the waiting a bit, already decorating the tree, so to say ;-)

Rightclick - Open image for full HD size.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Tom
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hm, any idea why it is made with 14 dots? Any conspiracy theory in there? :D

nice work btw Thomas!

ThomasHelzle wrote:I recently had a little time to play with the Bitwig Logo and created this wallpaper - maybe it can ease the waiting a bit, already decorating the tree, so to say ;-)

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Tom
It's easy if you know how

Can anyone remind me if VST parameters can be re-ordered like in Ableton?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Can anyone remind me if VST parameters can be re-ordered like in Ableton?
No, it works completely different than in Live - you have a list with all parameters and can then realtime-search for the ones you want or "fold" it to only show the automated ones...

Cheers,

Tom

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”