The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

With regard to midi controllers - I have an Oxygen 49 which has 8 knobs, 9 sliders and a few buttons. Will I be able to assign them to more than 8 controls?

Ideally I want to be able to assign a button to switch between banks of parameters - will this be possible?

I.e I could assign the 8 knobs to filter and amp envelope adsr, but press a button and those same 8 knobs control another set of parameters such as filter cutoff, resonance etc.

I'm thinking of buying a Nektar controller, but I'd like to use my Oxygen to start with and hope that it's able to control synths better than I can in Ableton. Ableton only lets me control 8 parameters, which isn't too useful for a synth that has 100+ parameters.

there is this controller API,so i`m pretty sure all your midi needs can be covered in there..

Suloo wrote:there is this controller API,so i`m pretty sure all your midi needs can be covered in there..
Pretty sure? So you think that there's a way to switch between banks of parameters? Have you actually checked this out?

since this is a simple programm change message it won`t be a problem..this is absolutly basic stuff. we`ve seen it in that one video with the guy doing that with the korg nano control.

There isn't a control script for the Oxygen series in the latest beta, so you would need to use the generic 'Keyboard+8 device knobs' controller and assign the knobs to CCs 20-27.

You can achieve all the functionality you have described in the controller API (I know for sure). Calling the index for the parameter pages to change the mapping of the knobs via buttons is not difficult (there may be an example of that in the documentation, I forget).

This kind of stuff is already implemented in the script for Panorama.

Ah cool, thanks for the info.

The controller support sounds excellent!

also would really like to have such a panorama p1..hmm :(

justin3am wrote:There isn't a control script for the Oxygen series in the latest beta, so you would need to use the generic 'Keyboard+8 device knobs' controller and assign the knobs to CCs 20-27.

You can achieve all the functionality you have described in the controller API (I know for sure). Calling the index for the parameter pages to change the mapping of the knobs via buttons is not difficult (there may be an example of that in the documentation, I forget).

This kind of stuff is already implemented in the script for Panorama.
Will it be possible to modify the script so that Bitwig will map the first four pages to all controls at once in the Panorama (8 sliders, 16 knobs and 4 buttons), so that in essence, each parameter page on the Panorama will actually hold 4 pages of bitwig controller parameters?

Obviously it would be cool if there were different pages for the different control sets, but I believe you said that wasn't possible for Bitwig since the left side parameters stay fixed and only the right side knobs change pages. It's going to be tough to map out most instruments completely with only 8 buttons, so I was thinking maybe it could be scripted to use the whole set per page. And for example if the buttons were associated with the fourth controller page in Bitwig, the user could make sure to assign them there in Bitwigs page configuration.

I am eventually going to buy Bitwig. I received a newsletter from them today, and went to a website to see an interview about it. Bitwig really looks promising in what it can do. I'll buy it next year at some point.

18 days to go.........

Cool videos. Just one general question: why are big meters supposed to better for mixing? I only care about exact levels as I am recording, and after that only to make sure that I'm not clipping or that I'm hitting a non linear plug the right way, which is often cleared up in the fx chain or on the plug itself.

Did anybody see this A-List cat thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTjd5v7_enM

Was it related to bitwig or was he destroyed by a storm or something...

Does anyone know if they mentioned if you can have Bitwig on multiple machines? Like one for your IMac and one for the Macbook pro/PC?

^https://twitter.com/Bitwig/status/436124624850403328

I guess that doesn't address your question specifically but maybe its something.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”