The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Suloo wrote:ok, never heard of him, so he is kinda split personality? like a super hero? :D
Nah, he's a pretty down to earth guy.

I has a sad when the bitwig thread isn't being used......

Image :dog: :hihi:

there are infinite funny catpics.. such a cool animal :D

lol wtf :hihi:

this thread has become probably the best catpic source in the internet :D

So hibs, what do you think of Bitwig as a software? Good, bad, catfodder?

I still haven't tried it, I'm on Vista and haven't tried it on Linux either.

Oh, I haven't used it. I've heard all the banter and it doesn't even have stuff like multiout vst (which I use all the time) so there isn't anything there. All the fancy midi panning and such only works with the built in instruments, it's not really up to snuff audio wise for me.

Again, IF it had a better price point I'd think about it, but at 400 bucks I've already got two hosts that are really stable and do 99% of what I want :shrug: Nothing personal against bitwig but considering the hype that it was going to blow live out of the water, I think it's got a few versions to go before we can start thinking that way.

Yea, I hear you. The cost is a bit steep for me as well, especially not knowing how much it will cost (if at all) to upgrade when it's time for that. And I'd have to upgrade my Windows first to even try it, so..

For me the feature set is intriguing though, with the modulations and possible controllerism, and especially when they open up that modular system. I suppose it's very much about how that workflow clicks with the user, it always comes down to that.

In any case interesting to keep an eye on it, it's not like there are many hosts with similar paradigms (and Live never clicked with me). Extra points for the Linux support.

Now let's get back to what this thread is about.

i believe the upgrade prices will as about the same as abletons, since the initial price tag also in that area.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”