The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Stop being f-ing idiots and make some f-ing music. God damn.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

humanbeingbeing wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:^Sorry I edited that post a bit after you got to it.

"Design flaw" is the most appropriate term though I guess. Anyway, this thread seems to be in it's death throes. I don't want to contribute to any ad hominems against ableton folks either.
I'll accept 'design flaw'... I will still never forgive Ableton for not addressing this 'design flaw' in Live 9. I haven't written a single note in that app since I found out about it and I never will again.
That was my initial point - many many people have complained to them about this issue, and they totally ignored their users. It's not this particular issue that I wanted to discuss, more the attitude of Ableton staff towards their customers.

I hope Bitwig has PDC, sure. But what I hope more is that they listen to feedback when a lot of people request a feature or report a bug.

Ok, lets get back to Bitwig pls..we know PDC is important and that live hasn`t got it and we are curious if Bitwig will have it. Regarding Bitwig it doesn`t matter if its a bug or a feature request in live..imo

virtualmark wrote:
humanbeingbeing wrote:That's ironic? you don't know what irony is apparently. It doesn't even take a tiny bit of intelligence to 'understand the issue'. The issue is dead and buried, we all get what you are trying to say over and over again... what you't do get, is how little your point matters... all we care about is PDC automation and whether it will be in Bitwig or (lol) Ableton one day.... and ' It works for everything but automation and send/return tracks.' OMG thats funny.
Please, don't tell me that I don't know what a word means. Judging from your posts, you have a lot to learn about the English language, so lets just leave it at that.

The issue is most certainly not dead and buried, I don't know why on Earth you would say that. It will only be dead and buried when it is fixed.

"Judging from your posts, you have a lot to learn about the English language, so lets just leave it at that. " --- :) No No No :), lets NOT just leave it at that... please go on with your critique over my use of the English language!, I can't wait to read it... funny how, I just remark about ad hominem arguments and you go ahead and use one straight away -- now THAT IS ironic.

The issue I was referring to was YOUR issue: over whether it's a 'bug' or a 'feature'... you're damn right, the PDC on automation issue is not dead and buried...

humanbeingbeing wrote:"Judging from your posts, you have a lot to learn about the English language, so lets just leave it at that. " --- :) No No No :), lets NOT just leave it at that... please go on with your critique over my use of the English language!, I can't wait to read it... funny how, I just remark about ad hominem arguments and you go ahead and use one straight away -- now THAT IS ironic.

The issue I was referring to was YOUR issue: over whether it's a 'bug' or a 'feature'... you're damn right, the PDC on automation issue is not dead and buried...
Firstly, pointing out that someone has poor punctuation, spelling and grammar is not an ad hominem argument, it's merely an observation. And a very relevant one, when the person accusing me of not understanding my native language has numerous punctuation, spelling and grammatical errors in their post.

I see that you've now edited your post, but there were words missing when I read it. There's still capitalization missing from the beginning of sentences, capitalization in the middle of sentences, inverted commas where they're not needed etc. My guess was that English wasn't your first language.

Anyhow, I don't really want to discuss this but you seem to want to push the issue. As I said above, my sole point was that Ableton ignore their users, even after years of complaints. I hope Bitwig listen and respond to requests, bug reports etc.

BMoore wrote:Stop being f-ing idiots and make some f-ing music. God damn.
Right now I'm on a music forum talking about Bitwig... I'll make some music later.

humanbeingbeing wrote:
Right now I'm on a music forum talking about Bitwig... I'll make some music later.
Doesn't look like you able(ton) to.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

virtualmark wrote:
humanbeingbeing wrote:"Judging from your posts, you have a lot to learn about the English language, so lets just leave it at that. " --- :) No No No :), lets NOT just leave it at that... please go on with your critique over my use of the English language!, I can't wait to read it... funny how, I just remark about ad hominem arguments and you go ahead and use one straight away -- now THAT IS ironic.

Firstly, pointing out that someone has poor punctuation, spelling and grammar is not an ad hominem argument, it's merely an observation. And a very relevant one, when the person accusing me of not understanding my native language has numerous punctuation, spelling and grammatical errors in their post.

I see that you've now edited your post, but there were words missing when I read it. There's still capitalization missing from the beginning of sentences, capitalization in the middle of sentences, inverted commas where they're not needed etc. My guess was that English wasn't your first language.

Anyhow, I don't really want to discuss this but you seem to want to push the issue. As I said above, my sole point was that Ableton ignore their users, even after years of complaints. I hope Bitwig listen and respond to requests, bug reports etc.
I was born and raised in England! and you're starting to insult me now which I highly advise against-- and that statement about having another language?? how daft, did anyone else here get the impression that I don't speak English!?. Right away, you seem to have to forgotten that I was the one giving shit to people for being so pedantic and nit-picking--and I'll do it again in this post... I personally don't give a SHIT about net speak...I'm not writing a paper or a book... I'm wasting my life on a message board, do you think I'm going to go over everything I say with a fine tooth comb??? you obviously have some kind of OCD thing going on... if I fix my spelling then I'VE FIXED IT, and you no longer have any right to give me shit about it... everybody knows this, you are clutching at straws HARD... Now you can f**k off about me and my grammar... just a tip for everyone who does this - GET REAL & GET A LIFE -- this is KVRAudio not the Oxford dictionary... and you don't win arguments, by pointing out punctuation... I've probably made errors here, and I'm not even going to bother fixing them! that's how little I care about it, if you can understand what I'm saying - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.... good on you for learning about ad hominem arguments!

I am fully aware of how Ableton ignore their users and I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THAT.
Last edited by humanbeingbeing on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BMoore wrote:
humanbeingbeing wrote:
Doesn't look like you able(ton) to.
Really, you think?

humanbeingbeing wrote:
virtualmark wrote:

I was born and raised in England! and you're starting to insult me now which I highly advise against-- and that statement about having another language?? how daft, did anyone else here get the impression that I don't speak English!?. Right away, you seem to have to forgotten that I was the one giving shit to people for being so pedantic and nit-picking--and I'll do it again in this post... I personally don't give a SHIT about net speak...I'm not writing a paper or a book... I'm wasting my life on a message board, do you think I'm going to go over everything I say with a fine tooth comb??? you obviously have some kind of OCD thing going on... if I fix my spelling then I'VE FIXED IT, and you no longer have any right to give me shit about it... everybody knows this, you are clutching at straws HARD... Now you can f**k off about me and my grammar... just a tip for everyone who does this - GET REAL & GET A LIFE -- this is KVRAudio not the Oxford dictionary... and you don't win arguments, by pointing out punctuation... I've probably made errors here, and I'm not even going to bother fixing them! that's how little I care about it, if you can understand what I'm saying - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.... good on you for learning about ad hominem arguments!

I am fully aware of how Ableton ignore their users and I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THAT.
This is hilarious. Have either of you figured out yet that you were on the same side of the argument (calling the PDC issue in Ableton a bug) ?

humanbeingbeing when I said it was funny that you started arguing with someone who was agreeing with you, I wasn't talking about myself, I was talking about virtualmark. He was arguing with Andy, backing up your point. This is the funniest internet cluster*@#% I've seen in a while!

Now, back to Bitwig. Where's that darn FM-4 video??? We've had all the drum synths and the polysynth. Someone do a nice long FM-4 vid! :)

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Now, back to Bitwig. Where's that darn FM-4 video??? We've had all the drum synths and the polysynth. Someone do a nice long FM-4 vid! :)
Yus. Sending vibes out to A-list cat. May he hear me.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
humanbeingbeing wrote:
virtualmark wrote:

This is hilarious. Have either of you figured out yet that you were on the same side of the argument (calling the PDC issue in Ableton a bug) ?

humanbeingbeing when I said it was funny that you started arguing with someone who was agreeing with you, I wasn't talking about myself, I was talking about virtualmark. He was arguing with Andy, backing up your point. This is the funniest internet cluster*@#% I've seen in a while!

Now, back to Bitwig. Where's that darn FM-4 video??? We've had all the drum synths and the polysynth. Someone do a nice long FM-4 vid! :)

You're absolutely right... and I sincerely apologise virtualmark, I feel like a dickhead now...your quote seemed to be responding to me, but I wasn't paying proper attention... but this PDC thing man, you wouldn't believe how much trouble it's caused me...time, money, sanity... the very thought of it makes my blood boil.

I hate cats too ;)

ZenPunkHippy wrote:From a developer point of view, PDC in Live is definitely a "feature" and not a "bug". A bug implies something does not work as designed, and it's clear Live was never designed to have PDC.

If PDC was half implemented and only worked sometimes that would be an actual "bug", but it was never included in the first place so it can't be a "bug".

Failing to comprehend this, or arguing otherwise because you don't like how it's designed, does not change the fact that PDC is ... in fact ... a feature request ;)
Sorry to correct you on this point !

I have the manual of the boxed version of Ableton Live 8.0.1.
You can read there that it has PDC !

After many month of complaint on the Ableton forum,
with no concrete answer from Ableton,
they instead to make full PDC, changed the manual
and added info that Live 8's PDC has some restrictions.

I can clearly proof that this was added later on...

Now you can say they knew and forgot to mention this
for over 6-7 month, or that they just wanted to cover their mistake.
Decide for yourself !

But fact is they sold it without any mention of restriction,
and fixed instead the manual in later versions.

I'm sure others with early versions can confirm this too !

...and please don't kill me for my bad English :pray:
Last edited by simpli.cissimus on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”