The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

bah

Humbug
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

tooneba wrote: Scripts hacked by community won't make so much people buy it though. And actually, Push is too niche to be used by many pros. It is inferior version of classic MPC style drumpads and also clunckier version of launch buttons. It comes with smaller velocity sensitive pads. It can't provide superior experience in both situations than using proper tools.
From what I have seen (never tried it) it look like a completely different things, on the Push (like on some community scripts for launchpad) you can play scales and have 4-5 octaves of notes to play and there is some beutifull stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Owh3rsi9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEkHpMla8EI

It look more like "replacement" for a traditional keyboard, and much easier to memorize.

Plus integration and a proper "session view" and easier step/melodic sequencer it really put itself in another place.

Now if we got a 8x8 Maschine ... :hyper: ... On the other side I prefer to not know in the price of such thing :hihi:

First video shows it just mimics the real instrument and never be better than using real one. And in the second video, he is indeed using a guitar... For playing notes, there has been wonderful tool for a long time. Keybord. It has been providing infinite possibilities for 1000 years. I understand it's really interesting novelty doe.

tooneba wrote:First video shows it just mimics the real instrument and never be better than using real one. And in the second video, he is indeed using a guitar... For playing notes, there has been wonderful tool for a long time. Keybord. It has been providing infinite possibilities for 1000 years. I understand it's really interesting novelty doe.

For writing and painting there was wonderfull tools too, its is called paper and pen, pencils, still used and preferred by many.

What your point?

It is a different way of doing things that quite a few, myself included, prefer, should I stick to a KB that I don't like as much or that I am not good? I really don't see why you put it in the gimmick novelty categorie... It is like a Tracker that is different from a "DAW" but both equally good.

Bitwig Studio 1.0 March 26th, 2014! :clap:

300€

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/nam ... ced-591902

That is not cheap...

I hoped for less time, at least let us enter in the last few betas...

Yeah I was hoping it'd be released this month... they did say it was going to be last year after all.

Oh well, not too long. At least it gives me time to get one of those Nektar controllers, they look awesome!

cool, good news imo!

Congrats to all the bitwiggers! :party:

hibidy wrote:Congrats to all the bitwiggers! :party:

Congrats indeed. :tu:

Two months to go :-)

Cheers,

Tom
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

60+ more days of kitties left .....

hehe, we can make a kitten down..3-2-1-Caaaaat :)
fedexnman wrote:60+ more days of kitties left .....
to be continued ;)

Suloo wrote:hehe, we can make a kitten down..3-2-1-Caaaaat :)
fedexnman wrote:60+ more days of kitties left .....
to be continued ;)
. :party:

End of march... Never ending story…
CU
VK

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”