The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

I'd post a cat pic, but I've already gotten in trouble for that in the last week.

no worries, your condolence is appreciated even without cats :)

i considered posting a catpic as well, but couldn`t find a perfect one..so, we`ll just go ironically ontopic again..

Suloo wrote:if it makes him feel better..np
And it means we can post more cat pics!!

7:30 sounds almost catish :D

Suloo wrote:7:30 sounds almost catish :D
agreed :hihi:

I dunno, I think that is pretty cool.

yep, nice little synth..

Hi,

As the official release of Bitwig Studio gets closer, and closer every day now.

Bitwig will be exhibiting at the upcoming Muzikmesse Show (March 12-15) . So, we might see some new videos and additional info. before it is finally released on March 26th :)

http://musik.messefrankfurt.com/frankfu ... -gmbh.html

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Suloo wrote:yep, nice little synth..
Yeah, decent little synth... it is rather limited though.

No Osc phase control
No Osc retrigger/free running option (which is it?)
No Osc level control
Synth is mono not stereo... no panning per Osc or unison spread so no stereo output at all

LFO 1 and 2 are global only, not per voice

It is useful that the filter env has that slope control. Amp env could use the same thing.

There does not appear to be any way to set the number of voices in polyphonic mode. I wonder what the polyphony is?

pdxindy wrote:

No Osc phase control
No Osc level control
Synth is mono not stereo... no panning per Osc or unison spread so no stereo output at all

It is useful that the filter env has that slope control. Amp env could use the same thing.

There does not appear to be any way to set the number of voices in polyphonic mode. I wonder what the polyphony is?

well, it`s not that i`m in the need of another complex synth, but for what it does, combined with note fx tools, i`m sure one can make use of it..even if its only for this special note fx stuff..

when the modular system opens up, this is quite another deal then..

I like the feature set and capabilities of the polysynth as it looks, though I'm not sure I'm too taken by the sound. Hopefully a similar video goes up demonstrating the FM synth. Really looking forward to that one.

Suloo wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

No Osc phase control
No Osc level control

well, it`s not that i`m in the need of another complex synth, but for what it does, combined with note fx tools, i`m sure one can make use of it..even if its only for this special note fx stuff..

when the modular system opens up, this is quite another deal then..
yeah, no doubt it will have some use, but if it were a free vst synth, I wouldn't give it a second glance... The appealing things about it are note expression and the future modularity.

Like you, I have a solid collection of synths so I have no need for that from Bitwig. Bitwig is interesting to me for the DAW part. The polysynth seems meh to me, so it is neither a deterrent nor an enticement.

I also think this simple approach could be kind of a benefit at first for getting used to note expression and those possibilities.

then later, when this is fully open, it will be more streight forward to use i think.
Also its coded by the dev of surge they told, so i expeect quite some good stuff happening there in terms of future updates. but generally i think there are more important things to concentrate on for v 1.0..

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”