The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

hibidy wrote:An honest question. What are you guys going to do when it's released? Though I'd never punish people by posting my slop :hihi: I have had hours a day doing music (from playing guitar to EM of varying forms)

I really do hope that people are not doing nothing while you wait.
Watch it, buddy...I can has sloppier slop than you... :hihi: :hihi:

But I do have the same question, sometimes....hopefully you do do other other things.. :wink: :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

hibidy wrote:An honest question. What are you guys going to do when it's released?
Download the beta and give it a good test drive!

pdxindy wrote:Download the beta and give it a good test drive!
So, after the release at 26 march, it will still be a beta software!?.... hmmm.. :o

Still? Beta? :help: :o :?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Regnas wrote:
pdxindy wrote:Download the beta and give it a good test drive!
So, after the release at 26 march, it will still be a beta software!?.... hmmm.. :o
Of course... initial releases are always something of a beta...

No, for everybody worried, that's kind of just being creative with words. They are not going to release a beta version, they will release v1.

What he means it that whenever a new software is released you could view it as something akin to a beta because it hasn't had all the tweaking that has gone into something that's been out for a while and has been used by the public instead of a relatively small group of testers. Same thing with each new version of established daws, just look at the patch notes for Cubase 7 or Logic X, there is always plenty to fix after it launches.

This may have already been covered, but I wonder if there will actually be a demo right off the bat?

Hmmm, I think that Dom did say somewhere that there would be a demo, not sure though.

Edit. a demo with the release, I mean.

hibidy wrote:This may have already been covered, but I wonder if there will actually be a demo right off the bat?
One of the videos said yes, there will be a demo right away

Ogopogo wrote: What he means it that whenever a new software is released you could view it as something akin to a beta because it hasn't had all the tweaking that has gone into something that's been out for a while and has been used by the public instead of a relatively small group of testers. Same thing with each new version of established daws, just look at the patch notes for Cubase 7 or Logic X, there is always plenty to fix after it launches.
Yeah, I expect some bugs and a few wacky things that need improvement. That is how it usually is. But hey, if it is super solid, then that is great!

pdxindy wrote:
hibidy wrote:This may have already been covered, but I wonder if there will actually be a demo right off the bat?
alright, alright, I'll stop buggin' you guys :hihi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luumVV4lWxA

hibidy wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
alright, alright, I'll stop buggin' you guys :hihi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luumVV4lWxA
:lol:

hey guys, what about midi plugins?
can we use them with bitwig?
I havent seen anything about it..

yes

I'm wondering what kind of demo Bitwig will have.

Imo FL Studio has the best demo out there, you has full access to the software/features, you are able to export/render your songs to a audio file, you can even save your project, (you just can't open projects saved in the demo with the demo) and open them on the full version... pretty neat, no?

I hope Bitwig make something around those lines...

I don't like 30 days trial or super limited demo.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”