The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

33tetragammon wrote:
dsan@mail.com wrote: I'm wondering if tempo changes are in? That will at least give some flexibility in time signature. More work but doable. In some ways.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Yes they are!
Tempo changes are available and automatable from the Master Track.
Whew! That's a relief. :phew:

Thanks 33tetragammon for the response! :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

1ish more day, then all the bitwiggers will be free from the tyranny of their current daws :hihi:

:lol:

:smack: Take that Live 9

:smack: Take That Sonar

:love: Helloooo Bitwig :hug:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

hibidy wrote:1ish more day, then all the bitwiggers will be free from the tyranny of their current daws :hihi:
and living under the tyranny of their new one... :lol:

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Regarding the bounce in place, are there options for whether the automation is included? And which types of automation are included? I'd imagine wanting to bounce everything but an effect for example, so turn the effect off first, keep any automation on that effect and turn it back on after bounce.Hos do they handle this kind of thing?

Also, does bounce in place automatically inlcude all effects? So if you bounce a section and then play it back, will the audio then be printed with effects and then going through effects again unless you disable them?

I guess I'll find out in a couple days but...
Anybody got info on this?

dsan@mail.com wrote::lol:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Some people here seem to have been quite unhappy with their old DAW's :) Makes me wonder if many people will actually buy Bitwig. I mean, it also means abandoning old project files done on other DAW's.

But if it really sells well, I wonder which other DAW it will steal most users from.

I've been hoping someone would reply to that too Echoes......great questions! :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

i`m gonna transport all my cubase sessions into bitwig over time and directly organise everything for live use and saving track presets and all that stuff..will take some time for sure, but also gives me the chance to keep what i like and drop stuff i don`t..

fluffy_little_something wrote:
dsan@mail.com wrote::lol:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Some people here seem to have been quite unhappy with their old DAW's :) Makes me wonder if many people will actually buy Bitwig. I mean, it also means abandoning old project files done on other DAW's.

But if it really sells well, I wonder which other DAW it will steal most users from.

Don't you know I collect DAW's like some collect guitars :hihi:

Actually, I have few unfinished projects. I tend to complete things ASAP as I don't like things hanging around.

I have saved down to wave files so it would not take much to pull them into another DAW and mix/master.

Believe me fluffy - I really wanted Live to work for me. I have the most fun working in it than all the others - although Sonar brings me joy too, it's just different than Live.

My problem with Live is I can't keep it running. It just doesn't want to get along with my system.

This is the thing with software - works great on some people's and not on others.

So, I'm just hoping BWS will bring me what Live has not - works on my system - because it appears they are similar in work flow and design. BWS a step up in design and features (yes, even with missing features - these don't matter much to me cause I tend to use DAW's as they are.)

Hope this helps to shed some light on my unhappiness :hihi: The other miserable people will have to tell you their own sob stories :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

BITWIGGYYY is COMING OUT cRaZY sOoN!!!!!#&@^$#@$@($$^@$ :borg:

dsan@mail.com wrote:
Don't you know I collect DAW's like some collect guitars :hihi:
I've done that! In fact on top of the two I use and like, I have FL and sonar (which I can't resell) and reaper (which is good until 4.99) I just don't use them (though I'll fire up FL once it goes x64. I'm sure I'll be as bored with it now as I have been all the other times I've used it in the last 8 years :hihi:

Hey guys'n galls ;-)

Just a little heads up: There were questions about the Midi Devices in BWS recently, things like Random Pitch and Random Velocity like in Live. Since this isn't there in BWS 1.0, I released a Reaktor Ensemble today to celebrate the upcoming BWS release, that should have you covered in that realm (if you have Reaktor of course):
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9#p5688319

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Tom
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Hey guys'n galls ;-)

Just a little heads up: There were questions about the Midi Tools in BWS recently, things like Random Pitch and Random Velocity. Since this isn't there in BWS 1.0…..

Tom
Random pitch and velocity (hell, even random automation :o ), amongst other things ARE available via the histograms in Bitwig 1.0.

I wonder how many will buy and not bother to demo it ? I wonder what time it will be released and if there website will go down ? Anyways its been fun cat pix and all ...

33tetragammon wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:Hey guys'n galls ;-)

Just a little heads up: There were questions about the Midi Tools in BWS recently, things like Random Pitch and Random Velocity. Since this isn't there in BWS 1.0…..

Tom
Random pitch and velocity (hell, even random automation :o ), amongst other things ARE available via the histograms in Bitwig 1.0.
...but the results are static... ;-)
This tool changes them live and continuously.
Great for generative People like me... :phones:

Cheers,

Tom
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”