The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

BMoore wrote:I called the performance issues a long time ago, but got brushed off. Oh well.

by bitwig? Seems I got brushed off too when i mentioned the flawed way latency compensation is implemented. With lack of rewire it also seems to me they want their daw to be isolated hehe.

Found a new problem, and this one is serious.

I imported a long clip, and DISABLED stretch as i didn't want nor need it. When i changed the tempo of the project, the end of the clip got cut off and there was no way to get it back. The info was just gone. (disabling looping and extending it only showed blank ness)

The work around is to disable looping and stretch it out so there is plenty of blank space before you change the tempo.

However, and this is a big one, 20 minutes later of it's own accord, the end of the file was gone and basically content was half missing. I didn't do anything, it just disappeared. So clips with stretch disabled are getting truncated randomly. Major bug.

Did someone say brushed off?

Quite a set of hooters on that one!

hibidy wrote:Did someone say brushed off?

gonna get my kitties shaved as well as they live only indoors in a climate controlled environment but leave so much hair everywhere the dyson is getting emptied 5 times a day. Can't breathe it anymore, now have an idea what they will look like lol! awwwww

Looks like I let the cat out of bag! Hurry, back to bitwig before we have to take another bullet!

think i missed the last 30 pages or so, anything special that i need to know?

Suloo wrote:think i missed the last 30 pages or so, anything special that i need to know?
Carry on carry on .... meow ... summary , moaning and groaning , fanboi and new adopter praises ... ok . Bitwig has been released it does things that Live doesn't do , it does things Live can do , and is also Missing some things that Live has ... hhhmmm. imagine that .... :hihi:

Suloo wrote:think i missed the last 30 pages or so, anything special that i need to know?

basically, bitwig sucks. :hihi:

TheoM wrote:

basically, bitwig sucks. :hihi:
. :hihi: hahaha Its good your back ...

Thanks.. but i will never go like a nutter like I have before.. those days are over.. now just calm and honest opinions (was always honest, just too heated).

Even if someone attacks i no longer respond...but i will certainly not hold back on product opinion.

I must admit on the abes forum i have had some fun and renamed bitwig, but i wouldn't dare do that here :hihi:

I hope the Abe's bring more to " Live " now that BWS is out . I'd love to have Live Suite on Linux ... Having that great Glue compressor , eq , and ir reverb and all those great AAS instruments would be awesome for a Linux user, i felt underwhelmed with BWS , Ive been quiet about it , I know BWS has some fans , maybe version 2 will have more stuff .

Yeah, Theo......of course I'd NEVER do anything like that :ud: (extreme sarcasm)

Uh,back to the information… I can't figure out how that overdub button works. If I turn it "on" it doesn't record over what I have in arrange? Shouldn't it do the opposite??? And the overdub in clips is even weirder as it does some really strange stuff… I keep getting recordings in a clip that are truncated to the length of one of the other clips although I have the clip length set to longer? Hmmmm… not sure if this is a bug or I'm totally confused about the way it works. Like if there are 3 clips in a row in front of an arrange clip… and you hit the overdub button (clip) shouldn't the clip record to it's length, not the length of the arrange clip? Maybe it's the loop being on??? Er, have to think about that one. Ha!

I like being able to record clips while working in the arrange if I could get it to work properly. That's pretty cool.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”