The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

hibidy wrote:
Poor whiny little thieving bitches. Who cares!

glokraw wrote:
codec_spurt wrote: So well done. Just change the terms of the demo eh?
You can record bitwig in the rest of your linux apps,
and use it as an effects rack, if they loosen up any more,
it won't really be a demo.

Strongly disagree.... (And agree with codec)

Biggest frustration for me was not even a warning when something is going to be closed..spent hours setting up a test project and one little accidental click on an x and all gone. It needs a fully functional demo period like almost every other daw in existence in the universe (ok, besides logic).

if i remember right, cubase didn`t have any demo at all for a long time..

Suloo wrote:if i remember right, cubase didn`t have any demo at all for a long time..

What does the past have to do with it? Why can't we judge against the situation as it is right now? Cubase started demo at v4 anyway which was 8 years ago.

well, what makes it different if judging by past or present?

Its a big difference because it should only be judged against CURRENT competition. Honestly I couldn't be bothered explaining it any deeper than that.. If you think it doesn't need a save enabled demo period then you are entitled to it. I will continue to think its absolutely ridiculous.

That said, I am almost certain it is a deliberate move as if they give a fully functional one time demo now, many people will see just how limited it is, and not purchase. They will probably put a demo right at the end of the v1 release cycle when the product is acceptable.

:hihi:

Well, live 1 didn't even have midi or audio recording.

Ah forgive me, it's just after hearing that so many times I felt the need to get it off my chest :ud:

i think its a valid point actualy somehow..

:x

:-o That's disgustedly!
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

hibidy wrote:Well, live 1 didn't even have midi or audio recording.

Ah forgive me, it's just after hearing that so many times I felt the need to get it off my chest :ud:
Yeah and 4-Tracks didn't have group tracks either!

As much as I think Theo's crusade against Bitwig is a bit weird, he does have a point that we can't judge V1 Bitwig against past products, or else how far back do you go? You judge it by when it is released. And when you do that I'm not sure the "next generation DAW" thing really stands up quite yet. I use basically because it has feel sort of like Live with a clip launcher but with PDC and an arrangement that I like much more. But I do think compared to other major DAWs, it's not exactly feature rich or even a particularly better workflow. I do think that if a DAW is released without something that every single other DAW has (like group tracks and multi-outs) it is somewhat embarrassing. But I take comfort knowing that they will eventually get the important stuff in there.

I've started something I didn't mean to start. Sorry about that. I was simply making fun of bitwig, I wasn't implying Theo said anything at all.

Dear Bitwig: We who have already clearly stated that you guys have created the worst daw ever made in the history of mankind, and that you guys have no clue what you're doing, and you all having obviously made a series of really stupid business decisions... we, those who aren't your customers and likely won't ever be anytime soon, have a very simple request.

Please remove the demo restrictions so we can give your product a really proper YouTube bashing without the potential danger of losing any work we may create along the way.

Thank You.

That's kinda what some of that reads like. :lol:

lol yea :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”