The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

hibidy wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:
cryophonik wrote:I bought it Wednesday evening and also received my license (from GC) within a few minutes after receiving my order confirmation.
I guess I will have to call GC tomorrow, and ask them them about the delay in my license email.

Thanks,
Muziksculp
Stupid question, but you did check the spam folder, right? Or, is it possible that you paid with paypal and you didn't have instant transfer?

Could just be that because it's the weekend, there might be issues. Then again, I just got off the phone with GC over a bill issue and they went out of their way to fulfill the right thing :)
Hi hibidy,

Yes, I paid via Paypal, I have no idea what instant transfer is.

I did check my spam folder more than once, but nothing there. :(

I will call GC tomorrow to inquire about this.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

I hope it gets worked out :) (pretty sure it will)

hibidy wrote:I hope it gets worked out :) (pretty sure it will)
My Order Receipt email has this printed on it :

Payment
Some orders are subject to a 24 hour verification delay. This policy protects all parties from unauthorized card use. To help us expedite this process for you, please ensure that your credit card company has all of your current information on file. Additionally, if your order is shipping to an address other than your billing address, please contact your credit card company and let them know that you would like to add an alternate or authorized shipping address.

Anyways, I'm hoping to get this sorted out tomorrow by calling GC.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

When I do paypal, I have a link to directly access my bank account. So unless it's like uncle e or audiodeluxe, I get instant. They have to wait until the next business day to process orders most of the time.

I wonder if anyone know of any Bitwig deal outside the US?
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

poonna wrote:I wonder if anyone know of any Bitwig deal outside the US?
Double check with MF for example. They might have the best answer. But I think that there are people who have beat the "no usa" thing. (you'll have to dig through the last few pages and also maybe take a look at the bitwig "black friday" thread)

hibidy wrote:
poonna wrote:I wonder if anyone know of any Bitwig deal outside the US?
Double check with MF for example. They might have the best answer. But I think that there are people who have beat the "no usa" thing. (you'll have to dig through the last few pages and also maybe take a look at the bitwig "black friday" thread)
Ah, thanks for the pointer. I'll take a look there. :D
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

Been playing with Bitwig. I don't know why, but everything I do sounds different and good in Bitwig. But I reckon they should fix a few things:

1. Why is it quiet? Make it loud!

2. It should be skinable. Orange? Nah, a nice blue would be good. And polish it up a bit - some of the visuals look a bit cartoonish. Make it look classy in every way.

3. Give us a good mix of good quality drum kits. That's always the weakest part of DAWs. You have to struggle about just to get started with a good drum kit.

4. Fix things like if you down arrow a note in the midi editor, the editor doesn't adjust so you can see it's new location.

5. Watch a few newbies using it and see what the common problems are and create a video of tips to solve it. For example, just resizing clips to an optimal size in the arranger area seems to be quite a struggle.

Just some thoughts so far.

martingifford wrote:Been playing with Bitwig. I don't know why, but everything I do sounds different and good in Bitwig. But I reckon they should fix a few things:

... In the first page of preferences there's a setting called 'Default Track Volume', which defaults all track volumes to -10dB. It's there to encourage headroom for better mixes but can be changed to whatever you want. This will probably help!

Hi,

I finally got the License Key, and download email from GC. :tu:

Looking forward to start learning, and using Bitwig Studio 1.1

Wow.. So after so many Cats, I will finally get to use it :hihi:

Cheers,
Muziksculp

martingifford wrote:. For example, just resizing clips to an optimal size in the arranger area seems to be quite a struggle.
Ctrl + 0 shortkey is same as double clicking on the horizontal scroll-bars
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

martingifford wrote:Been playing with Bitwig. I don't know why, but everything I do sounds different and good in Bitwig. But I reckon they should fix a few things:

2. It should be skinable. Orange? Nah, a nice blue would be good. And polish it up a bit - some of the visuals look a bit cartoonish. Make it look classy in every way.

3. Give us a good mix of good quality drum kits. That's always the weakest part of DAWs. You have to struggle about just to get started with a good drum kit.

4. Fix things like if you down arrow a note in the midi editor, the editor doesn't adjust so you can see it's new location.

5. Watch a few newbies using it and see what the common problems are and create a video of tips to solve it. For example, just resizing clips to an optimal size in the arranger area seems to be quite a struggle.

Just some thoughts so far.
@sound quality. I hate to say it because the vitriol crowd will pounce, but feel that way too :ud: But I think I know why. Because all the channels are at (by default) -10db, things are not muddying up as if you started all that in let's say live where the same instruments are loaded at 0db. Related, you can set that in preferences BTW. So you mentioned wanting it "loud" well, you can set that there. But then it will just sound like every other host :hihi:

I bought bitwig in the musicians friend deal, and even got the serial 2 days back. But for some reason, it still shows as "in progress" in paypal and still "processing" according to MF. Strange.

Muziksculp wrote:Hi,

I finally got the License Key, and download email from GC. :tu:

Looking forward to start learning, and using Bitwig Studio 1.1

Wow.. So after so many Cats, I will finally get to use it :hihi:

Cheers,
Muziksculp
:party:

I'm considering picking up Bitwig this weekend. Interesting, I downloaded the Ableton Live 9 Suite demo too. I thought I would find Bitwig lacking in comparison but that's not the case.

Maybe it's because:
- I already own the AAS Modeling Suite that Live Suite's instruments are based on
- I have Reaktor and Pure Data, the former of which IMO sounds better, and the latter of which I find easier to use than Max 4 Live
- Ableton has crashed 3 times using only its internal plugs & Max 4 Live...does not inspire confidence!

I'm really enjoying Bitwig's Arrange/Session view options and prefer the modulation and FX view options to Live as well.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”