Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Maschine

Holy cow how did I not understand what I've been missing? Basically it gives me the very basic stuff from FL Studio on a dedicated hardware controller that works flawlessly as a plugin...
I'm glad to read this stuff. I have one coming from Amazon tomorrow. :D

(I tried to demo and buy it at Guitar Center. No employees around except the door guard. There was no sound coming out of their computer, so I got to poke at buttons and watch lights and displays change but that's it. There were three customers standing around in that department waiting for help, and I wasn't going to be number four. Slightly cheaper through Amazon anyway.

gamecat666 wrote:
bmanic wrote: Another thing is.. I've never explored Reaktor ensembles so easily and intuitively before. The whole Reaktor user library is right at your fingers. It's amazingly beautiful how it integrates with the hardware..
agreed, normally i'd never even think to go looking through the more esoteric stuff - especially reaktor stuff
but since you can browse presets as sound types rather than products (if you want), sometime's its fun to try and guess the plugin making the sound, then get a shock when you find out what it actually is.
bmanic wrote: Looks like NI has made a Maschine fan out of me. :D
heh, Maschine has made an NI fanboy out of me. Combined with Komplete its database is amazing. And i LOVE the way native NI plugins integrate with a full (or mini) UI in maschine
Im guessing this was what the fuss was about Kore, which makes it even more of a shame that they binned it off.
so now i've found myself using fewer non-NI plugs as the integration is so good that it makes using other VST's a bit of a chore.
+1 to all of this. I love 2.0. It is everything I have wanted in a DAW for years. A great place for me to lay down ideas with hardware combining the power of a computer. I also really like the NI plug in integration because like you said it makes using other plugs an after thought. When I want a specific sound I just go to the browser and search for it. Though I wish they would just combine the sound and instrument tabs. I know they are not the same but if I want the actual vst instrument I can just browse for it during those times where I wish to make this or that sound from scratch but I have so many sounds that I rarely want to make the sound for my music anymore.

I hate their new midi drag n drop. Before it only takes 2 click to drag your midi from maschine to your daw, now you have to setup and transpose the midi manually on it. Very annoyed.

Now i'd rather have 1.8 with multicore instead of 2.0 .
musisikamar.com

Any idea if it is possible to use the Virus Ti as a plug-in Synth in Maschine Studio (when using Mashine in Stand-Alone mode) ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Sure the TI can be used just like any other vst or vsti, tons of maschine users own the TI,and have had this sort of workflow for awhile, I haven't read any issues with 2.0 and the TI so I'd give the demo a go to check it out before purchasing, but should be good to go.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

KevWestBeats wrote: +1 to all of this. I love 2.0. It is everything I have wanted in a DAW for years.
Ditto, Maschine 2.0 is excellent. BTW, Kev just wanted to let you know that I picked up the Helios Ray expansion with my $25 voucher last week and your youtube vid/review really helped me decide which expansion to go with. Thanks for that! :tu:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:
KevWestBeats wrote: +1 to all of this. I love 2.0. It is everything I have wanted in a DAW for years.
Ditto, Maschine 2.0 is excellent. BTW, Kev just wanted to let you know that I picked up the Helios Ray expansion with my $25 voucher last week and your youtube vid/review really helped me decide which expansion to go with. Thanks for that! :tu:
Happy to help. Helios Ray is my favorite Maschine expansion.

bmanic wrote:Well I couldn't resist.. got some extra money so I decided to get a Maschine Mikro mk2. Luckily it was still packed with the old 1.8.2 version of the software.
So how did you get 2.0? Did you have to pay for the upgrade?

My Maschine MK2 just bought today :D came with 1.8, but when I registered the hardware it took me to a link to download 2.0. I don't have a serial number though. Wound up writing to NI support about it.

foosnark wrote:but when I registered the hardware it took me to a link to download 2.0. I don't have a serial number though...
Now that I have finally found something about this online (in the NI user forums, a few pages back):

Apparently NI has to process the 2.0 code pretty much like the $30 voucher, and ittakes 24-48 or 48-72 hours depending on who you ask.

Would have saved some worry if they'd mentioned that anywhere on their website or the Service Center or something, or if I could find anything about it in a Google search. Ah well.

Have just posted this bug in the NI Forum but thought I would post here as well in case someone has an idea on how I fix it - apparently other people are having this exact same problem. Long story short, 2.0 can't seem to find the samples linked to each project. So when you click one of the projects, you get a 'missing file' error message.

Here is the NI thread -

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... rary/page2

"
I just wanted to log in to say that I am having the exact same problem but mine is even more bizarre.

When you click the "locate" button when I get the Missing error, it doesn't work at all (nothing happens). When I click "Ignore" it give me a location path that isn't even my computer! It gives me a path like c\users\angelos.liaros\desktop . I have looked up angelos liaros and he appears to be an NI sound designer - WTF??? So far, 3.5 hours down, multiple re-installs, reboots and no luck at all.

Have just sent support request however last time I had a support request it took almost a week to hear back so thought I would post on here first.

This is clearly a bug (how on earth would the software want me to look at an install path of an NI sound designer??) and really disappointing from NI.

oh..and btw - the "Reply to Thread" button isn't working for me on the forum (had to use Quick Reply instead) - having a great day with NI bugs I guess you could say!
"

E gads!

hibidy wrote:E gads!
E-gads indeed!

Yeah i've gone into this with some trepidation! But i really like the update, i agree about the sound as well, there is a difference and i do think it is better. The sampler was improved, 8 point interpolation i think not that i know what that means but i noticed a some better quality on vst plugins and fx in 1.8 projects when i loaded them into 2.0.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Now that I can afford it, I'm not even gasing over it at all. 1.82 is fine for what I do. I pretty much don't use it as a standalone anymore because I've gotten used to doing that style in live.

As unpopular as it is to say.... I have had Maschine (mk1) for 2 years, MPC Studio about a year. i have decided to go with MPC. My new MPC Renaissance should be here tomorrow :)

The Maschine is "better" in just about every way. But for whatever reason MPC "clicks" for me. I actually get things done with it.
Dell desktop Win 10 /2012 MacBook Pro
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”